Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:41:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: How do you feel EIR:R should do offmaps? - Two votes
Tweak uses, Max and/or free - increase
Tweak SP costs, per use  - increase
Tweak uses, Max and/or free - decrease
Tweak SP costs, per use  - decrease
Uses and Costs are fine
Remove uses, create timers
Limit Offmaps via unit targeting
Other: Explain via post

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Offmap poll - READ DESCRIPTIONS  (Read 10503 times)
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2009, 06:01:33 am »

Thanks for the input Dragon2008, your post did lack the incremental increase cost though.

Eg, Initial cost 4, incremental 1 would cost:
4 for 1 use
5 for 2 uses
6 for 3 uses

While Initial cost 4, incremental 3 would cost:
4 for 1 use
7 for 2 uses
10 for 3 uses

Useful for scaling.
Woops Roll Eyes Thought id missed something out. Was hungry though when i was typing so my mind was else where Cheesy

I dont think T3-T4 offmaps should cost SP for the first use still.

Well I think it really depends how powerful they r and how often they hit there target. Some T3's offmaps actully do better than some T4 abilites which is kinda strange so that should be taken into account if all the offmaps get revised.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2009, 06:05:49 am »

I dont think T3-T4 offmaps should cost SP for the first use still.
I agree, I mean you pay a lot of PP for them but then again they are insanely powerful. Maybe just make them initial 4 incremental 6. so first is 4 sp second is 10sp.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2009, 06:30:17 am »

Then how can you justify people paying 100 PP for a constant unlock, and someone with an offmap t4 having to always put in more and more pp, to keep up? Should we make all t4's uses and cost SP?

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2009, 06:34:41 am »

Fully agree with agga, if the first use of a T4 offmap costed SP, why would anyone want to take it over a stronger T4 that gives you passive buffs for no extra cost?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2009, 06:36:05 am »

A T4 1 free yes but a T3 some small cost each time because on a unit you have to buy vet and replace the unit with pp if it dies.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 06:39:39 am »

I don't think off maps should cost sp because you have to spend A'lot of pp in the first place to unlock it. Also for people who have lives and can't play a million games, will be at a disadvantage. When I buy an unlock I want to use it in the next game not wait untill I can hord up more pp to unlock sp so I can finally use my off map. If you don't have A'lot of games in you will not have the pp needed to purchase your off maps which would just blow donkey balls. Off maps do suck but it's a part of warfare which you have to adjust too. Off maps make it harder to blob. I have learned this the hard way and now I try not to group things so close together. This isn't carebears online, and units will die in ways that are less then pleasing. If you make off maps harder to obtain then you will run into more situations that will make you want to bash your head into a wall which isn't any fun.  
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 06:41:37 am »

I don't think off maps should cost sp because you have to spend A'lot of pp in the first place to unlock it. Also for people who have lives and can't play a million games, will be at a disadvantage. When I buy an unlock I want to use it in the next game not wait untill I can hord up more pp to unlock sp so I can finally use my off map. If you don't have A'lot of games in you will not have the pp needed to purchase your off maps which would just blow donkey balls. Off maps do suck but it's a part of warfare which you have to adjust too. Off maps make it harder to blob. I have learned this the hard way and now I try not to group things so close together. This isn't carebears online, and units will die in ways that are less then pleasing. If you make off maps harder to obtain then you will run into more situations that will make you want to bash your head into a wall which isn't any fun.  
Thats why SP is cheaper to buy for people who dont have many - ie people with lives Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 06:45:16 am »

u know whats funny? atm, there's only one doc that its normal off-map can be buffed with a t4 and that's infantry with arty expertise and all it does is enable one more free and one more ot be bought so i think you can get up to 6? I dunno, personally, i'd rather have on-map artillery but because of off-maps, sometimes it neutralizes it, especially howitzers, you rarely see howitzers any longer cuz everyone has off-maps now and you can't move it out the way (might b e nice if you enable howies to move)

i dont think off-maps are that big of a problem, but i do think that certain people spam them. It used to be that there was at least one side that had no off-map artillery. For Ami it was armor, for the brits engineers, the pe tank hunters and wehr blitz but now you give blitz off-maps, armor, engies and pe don't get it (other than captains and offficers in reinforcement packages but not really off-map)

Seriously though...some of you say precision isn't all that big a deal but because of storms it can be a pain in the ass.
a
personally, i think one of the bigger issues with off-maps is how hard it is to get out of its range, especially axis artillery since Firestorm and Rocket barrage have wide areas and drop a lot of close spread rounds. Inf off-map is pretty easy to get out of because of its randomness but yea it can still hit. Precision strike will always hit right where you point so its good to use if you catch someone off guard i usually get pissed off by it when i have vet that get bombed with it just because.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 06:58:53 am »

What about the current state of doctrine implementation?
Are there enough viable/equal doctrine choices implemented besides offmaps that would allow the userbase to vary their doctrine selections?
(Just make a select query to determine which are the most/less picked doctrine choices right now, if offmaps are in the higher ranks theres something fishy)

Ofcourse where as lower tier doctrine choices might not be selected by 1 person out of 5 this number should go up to 4 persons out of 5 not picking a certain t4 unlock.
Just saying if there would be more doctrine choices implemented and balanced we could certainly observe a normal distribution of doctrine unlock choices within the userbase (and therefore less higher tier offmaps)
(but thats just my number crunching mind, might be completly wrong Wink)

Does anyone understand what i mean?

aka UckY  Wink
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 07:08:01 am »

Which one do you mean?
Flanking Manouvers or Mortar Saturation Barrage?  Grin

If you mean the latter, if already seen it in action, and the lack of smoke makes it kinda powerfull yeah.
If you mean the first one, i havent had the time to try that one on my tankshock churchills and bangbusses.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 07:15:44 am »

Luan i get you,

the current distribution curve is very skewed due to constraints that don't reflect a proper distribution across the population even if you do factor in players will attempt / look to factor in an off map in their company build usually.

Without all doctrines in we can't really assess the true distribution and frequency of off maps.

That being said the dev team have discussed this before we are aware of the issues that are faced, but seeing as the implementation of all doctrines has been a very large undertaking by a small team, we have not been in a position to assess critically the impact they really have.

The war started with little to no doctrine implementation and has progressed to nearly full doctrines and yet we could say we are about 70% there.

Hence BETA status arguments are used when looking at player feedback/suggestions/complaints we are still not at a liberty to review impact and distribution until we have a complete data set.

That being said we still look at the feedback but with a considered view that we are still in implementation phase, and while that current feedback is still skewed and thus not necessarily reflective of what it truly will be, add in emotion which will skew the feedback further then we have to be very very subjective on the feedback.

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 07:30:55 am »

love em or hate em, its a fun topic!

Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 09:17:31 am »

The majority can be dodged to a good extent.

A lot of people complain about Mortar Saturation, but while it doesn't have smoke, it has a very audible barrage firing effect. I use it, but I'm not against it having smoke.

Personally, if we go with spotters, we should implement fake smoke on RCA and Terror, as these two are the mainstay.
People should be affected by the mental attributes of these powers, it's not a black and white thing, it's about the overall play out of the battle.

A lot of times I would prefer to bluff a barrage, but am unable to do it. Even if it was a skill, I'd love to see it implemented.
I was hoping Lit Up would add a scare factor to my army (since it's primarily weak on the ground).

There is also the fact that some doctrines can spot a LOT easier with certain units.
personally I think anything cloaked should have it's sight radius decreased.

Jeeps, Bikes, Scouts etc that can't cloak should be the warning signs of any offmap outside of dedicated officers imo.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:19:54 am by Aggamemnon » Logged
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 10:30:00 am »

strafe is undodgeable because relic changed the angle of the .50cals some patches ago.
your blob is down before u can see the plane on the minimap

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 10:55:03 am »

Remove uses, create timers and not just for offmaps also for stuff like conviction and inspired assault.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 10:58:28 am »

i dont know when offmaps became the god above all else issue. I think i remember slightly bitching about it.....like months back and im guessing it was worse then cuz im happy at where its at now.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 12:22:16 pm »

This thread has been cleaned.

Please respond only to the topic post.  This thread was not intended to open up a debate between people, just vote, post your opinion on now off-maps should work and GFTO.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 12:31:12 pm »

More like Earthshaker but a lot less damaging (but longer lasting). So you can get out of the area, or you can have a long-term risk of getting blasted for 50 damage that may or may not occur depending on the type of cover your troops are in.

That'd be a pretty neat kind of offmap in my opinion that is less "wtfrandompwn" than earthshaker and less tactical use than 105mm offmap or the like.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Jodomar Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 01:29:53 pm »

Remove uses, create timers and not just for offmaps also for stuff like conviction and inspired assault.

Now that's a good idea. I wouldn't have a problem at all if it went to x amount of time before you can use it again.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2009, 02:09:37 pm »

If u switch to a timer it means you get more uses per game which would be worse than wat it is now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc