Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 01:18:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To you the community, thank you!  (Read 7841 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« on: August 05, 2009, 01:42:10 pm »

From myself, to you, the community.  Thank you for being supportive, entertained and addicted to all the hard work that we, the dev team, put forth for you.

It is nice to see our work being used, being played on, and being appreciated.

sometimes its easier to cry then it is to talk, and we are all human.   So I just wanted to take a moment out and say that I, as someone who has worked endlessly on this mod, appreciate both your support, and points of view, even if I don't always agree on them!

On june 3rd we reset the war.  On August 4th we reset again, almost exactly 2 months later.
Over that 2 month period we had 17,982 games created with approx 97% being reported as played.

Since last night (less then 12  hours ago) when we reset we have already had 214 games created and ignoring the first dozen that didn't report correctly, are well on our way to 500 games a day. 

Thank you for making this the most successful COH mod, and giving us the developers more reason to continue to expand and improve the game as you know it.

Our plans for the future are big, and we are dedicated to making it both enjoyable, and as balanced as possible.

Thank you

Mark (salan).

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 01:46:51 pm »

Yay, thanks for all the hard work, good to see so many people eager to play!

What better way of showing our respect is there! Keep going EiR! Thank you guys for all the work!

Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 01:49:40 pm »

It's a great mod and takes CoH (imo the best RTS game out there) to it's full potential.  If Relic had released a game mode like EiR they would be hailed far and wide across the games industry. 
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 01:54:39 pm »

You better patent EiR or someone will steal your idea and gain huge money, lol.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 01:59:26 pm »

you can't patent it since it's a mod on an already patented game, of which they've already done (coh online) so meh...

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 02:00:32 pm »

Thanks for all your hard work, its an amazing mod.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 03:38:41 pm »

nice job lol, like 1 year ago in TLS we could only dream about this :p.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 03:40:22 pm »

Great series of fast updates in the manner of release-patch-release-patch. Release early, release often, as Valve and many other corporate entities seem to believe about mods, really does produce the best results in my opinion if you have the time for it.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 04:10:57 pm »

Great series of fast updates in the manner of release-patch-release-patch. Release early, release often, as Valve and many other corporate entities seem to believe about mods, really does produce the best results in my opinion if you have the time for it.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 05:55:51 pm »

you can't patent it since it's a mod on an already patented game, of which they've already done (coh online) so meh...

lol that was a half serious joke.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 10:58:30 pm »

We'll be resurrecting the TLS feel with the WarMap(tm) I believe.

But also, we will be adding a very unique feel to the WarMap - something that we've never seen before Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 11:59:41 pm »

+2
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 12:09:33 am »

We'll be resurrecting the TLS feel with the WarMap(tm) I believe.

But also, we will be adding a very unique feel to the WarMap - something that we've never seen before Wink

TLS? unique feel? Res-erecting?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 02:50:54 am »

who was the guy that came up with this whole EiR mod gamemode idea in the first place?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 04:04:01 am »

Some guy over at RelicNews made a thread on how a persistent mod could work about 2 years ago, fldash was the one who stepped up to the challenge accompanied by several others.

TLS or 'The Last Stand' was a 'Campaign' for EIR that Salan and myself came up with. There was a war with a warmap and all players being registered on either allies or axis. Players were a part of a division with other players and were able to 'rank up' through combat, etc. Due to coding restraints however a lot of it was done manually.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:06:09 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 05:19:51 am »

big thanks to salan for the huge amount of new doctrine abilities we got

he must be working like this guys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFJBZSX0FQw Cheesy

and i like how he is actually testing new doctrine stuff with us even if it can sometimes hurt to play against him while he is testing something  Tongue

now we can actually test the usefulness of all doctrine builds since doctrine tiers are free

Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 05:23:05 am »

Some guy over at RelicNews made a thread on how a persistent mod could work about 2 years ago, fldash was the one who stepped up to the challenge accompanied by several others.

TLS or 'The Last Stand' was a 'Campaign' for EIR that Salan and myself came up with. There was a war with a warmap and all players being registered on either allies or axis. Players were a part of a division with other players and were able to 'rank up' through combat, etc. Due to coding restraints however a lot of it was done manually.

Stack divisions were funny :p.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 01:15:16 pm »

Failborne was hilarious, we need that back, all the AB players ragequitted from TLS in less than 24 hours I remember LOL.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 01:56:26 pm »

There was the failborne at the begginging, and then there was the ownborne later.
Me + Rahx, the undefeated 2v2 team....

Good times ^^.

BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 02:50:16 pm »

Congratz on winning with the most OP combo of airbourne.... Raid Assault and Air Support supplemented with airbourne spam out the ass.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc