Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 10:52:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] American Officer  (Read 27187 times)
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2009, 02:33:30 pm »

one time, the US officer one shot a wehr officer; until the wehr officer's offmap raped my US officer. It was real close!

Also, one time, this guy ran a full health gred squad into my officer (who was in yellow cover + rank 2 + triage) and I raped the LMG gred squad. It was a lawl moment.

Also, one time this guy rushed a vet 3 panzer gred assault squad into my officer and I poped inspired assault (while in green cover) and raped the vet 3 squad (mind you I was also vet 3).

Another time, my officer was taking a piss by this tree, and 2 volks with mp40's ran at me, and I tried to get my fly up in time, but...it got snagged...I still won though!

Discuss

Common sense is not so common after all.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2009, 03:45:16 pm »

Use bikes.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2009, 03:46:47 pm »

Use bikes.

Hes gonna headshot the driver!  Grin

aka UckY  Wink
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2009, 05:23:14 pm »

Actually, because the officers pistol is so awesome, we are implementing these changes:
KCH now are a 'Luger Squad' armed only with pistols.
A new addition for Scorched Earth, the 'Pistol Whip barrage' where every man on the field throws their pistols at a certain area with mass explosions (cos, we all know they must be CHRAGED with awesome explosiveyness).

Cant wait!

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2009, 05:25:39 pm »

Actually, because the officers pistol is so awesome, we are implementing these changes:
A new addition for Scorched Earth, the 'Pistol Whip barrage' where every man on the field throws their pistols at a certain area with mass explosions (cos, we all know they must be CHRAGED with awesome explosiveyness).

Cant wait!

Where DO you come up with these ideas moddy? :p

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2009, 05:50:54 pm »

I'd say the way people use these officer guys ingame prove the gripe of this thread. People are consciously moving them into positions to fire against squads in a much more offensive way than people are say, using british officers. It certainly does not feel very coh-like to see a "hero" unit headshot weakened or healthy regular soldiers with a goddamn pistol.

Auras, supervision and officer abilities (prop war, artillery and heroic charge)are "correct" in the COH world - other than the enigmatic bugged british captain (a vcoh bug where he becomes immortal) the officers and aura units were kept out of harms way and not used as damage-dealers themself.

Heroic officers gibbing squads with tiny peashooters from long range cause they are the rambo captain or der fuhrer officer - this something EIRR really wants to implement or make its own? It sounds more like a aspect of Warcraft than of COH.

If I was taking a design decision on this as the EIRR dev team, I would probably try to avoid 2 pop officers which already provide great bonuses and offmaps when kept alive  from becoming small James Bond's on the battlefield. Tone down their damage, allow them some deadliness at short range but please remove their ability to support the fight at medium to long range. Also look at their critical table, they are not snipers.

To say it in a understandable, short and primitive manner: A officer managing to fight himself out of a wounded squad charging him at close range without their own short range weaponry - cool, heroic. Officers gibbing snipers and shooting down full health pioneers or mp44 officers charging at guns is just plain gay.

My 5€.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 05:53:11 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2009, 05:53:40 pm »

Then give his Luger Thompson Stats.

Beretta 93R anyone?

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2009, 06:16:13 am »

Cant wait!

Give them the Luger_wehrmacht_officer, that's not used by any unit. That one fires 5 shots a second Cheesy.

Lutefisk44 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2009, 06:44:23 am »

He is EiR's Chuck Norris!

Quote from: Glacko
What?! A box! Ilove boxes
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2009, 07:33:19 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAM8yvOeMA
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2009, 11:21:02 am »

that was a pretty stupid link....dont waste yoru time guys.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2009, 11:29:31 am »

Only if you cant figure out the pointe behind this  Grin
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2009, 12:36:45 pm »

Seriously I dont understand that whining.

Mostly you see him in blob of other infantry, and there must be something to blame so you are blaming officer. You can still supress infantry blob supported by officer, or stop it with tank. You rather want to see offmap in place of officer which will be another "UP" ability (hi salan :p). He is fine you still need micro to don't loose him, he dies very fast to focus fire, just deal with it, all allied players notice the new pe units 50mm ht, but officer is fricking t2 doctrine unlock for infantry with 1 avability.
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2009, 12:52:40 pm »

Well its not always with the blob, alot of people have witnessed the officer soloing alot of enemies, so hes not just a scapegoat, but his offensive power actually is as powerfull as people describe him. (e.g. to me he finished off 2 PG Men in green cover within 5 seconds due to his massive headshot crits)
And i think the survailability of the officer isnt really a issue, but his insane uber-luger is.

Offtopic:Its kinda hard to imagine PE without the 50mm anymore, especially at the times of lots and lots of vehicles, I know vanilla PE is supposed to use ATHT and Marder in combination, but the ATHT cant cover the marder as effectivly as the 50mm.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2009, 01:30:14 pm »

"hey, it's a T2 with 1 availability, so it's OK that he's OP!"
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2009, 01:42:16 pm »

if he stays like hes now, he needs a price increase.

120 or more muni.

i mean he kills shit without getting in danger (charging) at longrange.
or make the terror officer cheaper

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2009, 01:55:59 pm »

if he stays like hes now, he needs a price increase.

120 or more muni.

i mean he kills shit without getting in danger (charging) at longrange.
or make the terror officer cheaper

Wut.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2009, 02:00:09 pm »

did they change that?
i mena i didnt play for a week now and (allied) OPed shit never gets fixed in 1 week.

so does it still easily get 20+ kills by oneshotting grens at long range?
if not it should definately cost 120+ muni
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2009, 02:02:45 pm »

"hey, it's a T2 with 1 availability, so it's OK that he's OP!"

That argument is already oldschool with the new system incomming Cheesy
Guderian Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2009, 02:05:22 pm »

Luger ammo in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHE81JOvqgg&feature=related

Eir customer support staff.