Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:44:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pak Ambush T2  (Read 3977 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« on: August 18, 2009, 06:11:12 am »

Paks using this ability can move at full speed when cloaked.

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 06:12:10 am »

Might not be a bug, but rather needed since salan had to move it to t2.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 06:17:49 am »

It's not intended AFAIK.
(And not desirable, even for a T2)

If crawl movement while cloaked is not sufficient for a T2 we could always add a different minor bonus.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 06:22:21 am »

A pak that can move at FULL SPEED while cloaked is indeed a bug Elitegren. Just being granted the ability to move a cloaked pak is possibly OP for a T2. Being able to move at full speed is T4 worthy.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:26:53 am »

sigged
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:39:30 am by EliteGren » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 06:33:59 am »

indeed thats why vCOH and old EiR and OMG now is so kind of bugged

wehr doctrines become very powerfull by all these special powerful (basic coh) unlocks like pak ambush, double lmg and double schreck squads...

why not making fireup and ap rounds a T2 unlock?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:36:57 am by BigDick » Logged
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 08:26:23 am »

lol that sounds so rediculous..but its so true! xD

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 08:31:05 am »

Wehr's capability to field, by default, a much more pop-efficient starting platoon in comparison to other factions had a significant impact on balance, I don't think anyone could honestly argue against this.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 09:14:44 am »

Wehr's capability to field, by default, a much more pop-efficient starting platoon in comparison to other factions had a significant impact on balance, I don't think anyone could honestly argue against this.

Example?

Also going back to retail CoH the mobile cloaked PaK isn't really that big of a deal.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 09:55:26 am »

Example?
In the old EIR as a Wehrmacht player you could effectively field a piece of powerful AI and AT on a 5 pop unit. (Grenadiers) No other faction is capable of doing so on non-elite infantry, hence why they would be at a disadvantage when trying to field a similar 'all round' force with the same amount of population. Wehr could (and still can with the doctrine abilities) pack a bigger punch in the same amount of population.

In general there's also very little infantry in the game that excel at both AI and AT, the grenadier with schreck and lmg was unmatched in this regard.

Also going back to retail CoH the mobile cloaked PaK isn't really that big of a deal.
Hence why it was originally a T1
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 09:58:16 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 10:00:06 am »

Hence why it was originally a T1

So it's going back to T1 or staying at T2?

BigDick
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 10:01:11 am »

why not making the ability of the 360° bar supression a T1 of infantry company and the hellcat ambush a T1 of armor?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 10:03:29 am »

why not making the ability of the 360° bar supression a T1 of infantry company and the hellcat ambush a T1 of armor?
You're still not quite understanding that the Wehr vs Ami setup applied directly to EIR the way it is in vCOH heavily favours the Wehrmacht.

So it's going back to T1 or staying at T2?
I doubt it'll be staying in its current form, movable at full speed.
And if the full speed goes we will either have to move it back to T1 or accompany the 'cloak movement' with an additional bonus.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 12:00:50 pm »

Example?
In the old EIR as a Wehrmacht player you could effectively field a piece of powerful AI and AT on a 5 pop unit. (Grenadiers) No other faction is capable of doing so on non-elite infantry, hence why they would be at a disadvantage when trying to field a similar 'all round' force with the same amount of population.

In general there's also very little infantry in the game that excel at both AI and AT, the grenadier with schreck and lmg was unmatched in this regard.

Grenadiers with shrecks hardly "excel" at AT. Be honest with yourself. Caught alone, it would get ripped to pieces by any vehicle with any sort of AI capability. The shreck is too inaccurate and the squad that uses it is too small for it to "excel". It's decent at it. Not excellent at it. You should be thankful when you see a Wehrmacht player sink that many munitions in a starting call in. Putting the AI and AT on a Gren squad (plus the med pack if you want them to hopefully pay for themselves) is expensive as hell.   
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 12:07:28 pm »

Well when I say 'excel' I mean in comparison to other hand held AT Tongue
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 12:11:02 pm »

Mobile cloaked paks were removed due to the fact they were producing more balance issues than they were worth. Simmilar reference : removal of ability to reinforce.

In my opinion, the ability to move paks again even at turtle speed is quite worth it's T2 slot. If it's deemed to be not the case by the majority of the players(which, in my opinion is blatantly untrue, cloaking and moving the pak not only gravely increases the pak's survivability, but gives you a makeshift scout - in particular with omniscience), perhaps increase the cloak damage bonus by a further 12.5 percent? (total of 37.5 percent).

Imagine if infantry company 57 mms recieved a T2 that let them not only cloak, but move at full speed while doing so, bigdick and aloha. Do you now realise why full speed cloaked paks is a balance issue?

And yes - wehrmacht has always prided themselves to be the most "elite-like" of all the factions. They got the best of the best in all, except artilery, but they pay for that with slightly higher prices, and smaller(and thus more succeptible to snipers) squads.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 01:35:20 pm »

Paks using this ability can move at full speed when cloaked.

woops i knew i forgot to test something with that!.. i tested if it COULD move, not how fast it could move Wink

i'll fix it

Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 05:06:24 pm »

A pak that can move at FULL SPEED while cloaked is indeed a bug Elitegren. Just being granted the ability to move a cloaked pak is possibly OP for a T2. Being able to move at full speed is T4 worthy.
This is why no one takes you seriously.

Imagine if infantry company 57 mms recieved a T2 that let them not only cloak, but move at full speed while doing so, bigdick and aloha. Do you now realise why full speed cloaked paks is a balance issue?
The better comparison would be a 57mm that could cloak, but not move while cloaked.
Oh hey, it's called the 6pdr.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 06:00:47 pm »

I love how you quote me out of context in your signature, and how you flamebait me after there has been a specific guidelines post by akranadas.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 06:04:17 pm »

This is why no one takes you seriously.

The better comparison would be a 57mm that could cloak, but not move while cloaked.
Oh hey, it's called the 6pdr.

Except the 6pdr receives no bonus to ambush, and cannot buy AP rounds. It also does not get Green Cover from the gun shield. So it is in fact inferior to both the 57mm and PAK outside of being able to hide in perfect cover that gets all its crewmembers.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc