Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 08:20:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.0b  (Read 20770 times)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 07:44:59 am »

Leave the Red numbers, but then you gotta make the "In Reserve red" aswell so people know that its connected to that and put it a little further from the rest.

mapleleafsnation Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009, 08:18:50 am »

Also, added in red negative numbers for extra clarity on how your PPs are spent.
Aaaand, it looks more confusing.

Ah well, if anyone has some ideas on what would be a newbie friendly pool list =/

A nice in-launcher tutorial with a sexy voice and buzzing effects!

I hate asking but when can we expect the boys AT rifle buff? I know the developers are aware, but I'm just eager to get a chance at using them effectively!
Sixpack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009, 08:37:41 am »

So what is about the stealth nerf to bonuses for playing special maps?
Too many people playing and lvling up too fast?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2009, 09:42:47 am »

Damn, I'll miss getting like 40 pps for each played game then.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 10:05:16 am »

It will be intresting to try these new availabilities. Hope there won´t be too much blobs of doom.

"Well opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
Champion Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2009, 04:34:11 pm »

This might be one of my first posts, but I have been around since the oringal EIR. I usually stay away from posting but I feel the need to speak out about the new availabity system.

It looks like this new system has nerfed Airbourne out of existence. (Not to mention the last patch nerfed the shit out of them, rightfully so, and now I know of no other decent player that uses them.)

Previous to the new system, my company was (Note this was with nothing oversupplied, and I dont not consider any part of this make up spam) (ie never more than 2 ABs on the field at once)
5 AB
4 AB rifles
9 rifles
2 jeeps
1 sniper
2 engies
1 HT
2 AB at guns
2 shermans
1 croc
2 hell cats
1 wolverine

with the new system, this currently cost me 18 pp.

AB cost 4, ab rifles cost 3. The doctrine pretty much only buffs these units yet to just have the 5 and 4 squads that the old system allows puts you at 32 for inf, 4 over the 28 allowed.
Now, the choice becomes no rifles to recrew or no AB units which the vast majority of the doctrine buffs are made for. The previous 5 ab and 4 ab rifles was in no way spam. Yet now in theory you could have 24 rifles or 24 voltz no problem. (10 more than the old system allowed)

Additionally, 10 avail for tanks? That allows me to have 2 Hellcats and 1 wolverine. Thats it. Even if I use many Light vechile (which I dont currently like because of the muntions sinks that that are) I will still be floating around 400-550 fuel without fuel advantages.

Thus, there seems to be no reason to use AB at the current rates. The companies' hallmarks are limited to a degree where you will be out attritioned almost immediately or are wasting doctrine buffs on too few  AB units. Moreover, with only 10 available for armor, you float so much fuel its crazy.

I dont know if the current system is here to stay, and i understand that the number are going to be adjusted but at the current rate, this doctrine is simply limp, to be nice.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 04:41:01 pm »

you dont really have support weapons. but thats just your choise to build ur company.
i have to say that a bit less rifles and paras might be better, but not that massive change you need now. this supply system is to stop spam.  right now all it does is not lething you build your company the way you want.
soon... all companies will be copies of eachother. thats not how you balance a game.
Champion Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 04:53:55 pm »

Leo,

I dont think copies is a good thing...

I know I lack support weapons but the fact that I can have 28 rifles is not limiting spam. Like I said 5 and 4 is not spam.

I think the problem lies at the 4 and 3 (not mentioning the waste of massive amounts of fuel with the current 10 limit on armor)

AB rifles are simply not that good. Granted i dont have raid assault yet, but they are too expensive to recrew. The bar costs the same but no suppress, stickes are great but I dont use them as they are 95 muni and I cant afford that for a disable engine.

Maybe reduce AB rifles to 2 (possibly AB to 3 but i understand that they are in-line with other elite inf.) Bottom line is I would never have choose AB rifles if it meant that just having the only amount of 5 ab squads and 4 ab rifles meant i was oversupplying my company and could not afford to have any rifles to recrew.

3 rifle to every 1 AB rifle is somewhat ridiculous. They cost 70 more, there bars dont suppress, harder and more expensive to vet up, 75 pp for the unlock, stickes and nades more expensive. For a little more life, ab armor, fire up and airdrop, which with ab rifles is not all that useful since the first sign of mp44s scares them off.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 05:12:40 pm »

It would be nice if the units pool price was included so you could immediately see how you can fit stuff in.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 05:14:37 pm »

Wait, your AB rifles run from MP44 squads? Seriously? Huh, mine used to just mow down anything that got close to them.
DisposableHero Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 05:18:45 pm »

British Captains and Lieutenants seem to have excessively high pool value (3 - three times as much as tommy's) and 3 PP for oversupply.

Champion Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 05:21:13 pm »

AM,

I dont have raid assault yet and without supression, all you can do is run back to help. So airdropping them isnt really much of an advantage
pernik Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 05:44:09 pm »

Yeah, Suppresion Fire on AB's BARs are somewhat felt want. :/

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 05:44:33 pm »

Well no, I would never airdrop any Airborne onto the field near the lines or behind them, they are too expensive to risk and you gain little from doing so even if it works out. They are best used as just line infantry.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 05:52:10 pm »

PE needs lowering of Pool use on Assault Grens....its far from elite infantry.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 05:59:22 pm »

Armour needs a massive increase of availability.  With max fuel advantages i'm at -8, and before i wasn't supplying on anything.

Otherwise for armour you need to treat it the same as Infantry, and put basic heavy armour as 1, and then the decent armour at 2, special armour at 4 or 5.  You've basically doubled up on limits.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 06:09:21 pm »

Actually, its not just you BigDick,

Myself and Unkn0wns PE companies need a bit of tweaking to work.
Whereas my Brit and AB company seemed fine.

Will tweak / play with the numbers in a few days following more feedback.

My PE company was fine, but my Armor company was in trouble...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
LuAn Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2009, 06:09:39 pm »

PE needs lowering of Pool use on Assault Grens....its far from elite infantry.

+1
FJ and Assault Flammen  also arent worth 4 points compared to other units.

aka UckY  Wink
mapleleafsnation Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 06:27:54 pm »

Well it forced me to diversify my engineer company a bit, mainly to give up on some sappers in favor of support weapons. I used to only use one mortar and one ATG, now I have two of each and a vickers.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2009, 06:32:36 pm »

I think maybe elite inf should have its own pool with high cost so that getting more than 4 is cutting into your reserve.

Make it a 20p pool with each squad costing 5p, meaning that additional squads over this cuts into your reserve at a great rate since they are so good and surviable.

If the availability of elite infantry thus seems unfair, perhaps because some might consider airborne the best, fsj the second best, stormies with shreks and mp44s different in power and rangers something inbetween stormies and fsj, tweak these units instead of the pool so that everyone feels they are getting the same bang for their availability points.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc