Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:48:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok New Availability System Has Officially Become a Joke!  (Read 6399 times)
Armormaven Offline
EIR Regular

« on: August 22, 2009, 10:00:05 pm »

With the recent post I put up in the Replays forum of a 10 halftrack end game spam, preceeded by a three sniper start I believe the new availability system has officially become a joke.  And its not just Axis.  I played with on ally who was trying to get enough pop cap at the end game to bring on 8 jeeps!  I also sat in vent and listened to one Axis talk about building a company with 14 Assault Grenadiers!  Then there was the allied veteran who advised a noob to put 3 mgs, 2 ATG and a mortar in his start for an instant win!! 

This would all be quite funny if we were all just hacking around.   The problem is some of us don't have smurf accounts that we can play with and mess up other players permanent accounts with.  Its not funny when you come into a game and someone with a three sniper start "snipes" your Vet3 Officer or 3 man Vet 3 Knights Cross with "one shot".  Now of course you can say well that's "risky" and they may lose all their snipers in one strafe.  Well yeah, but what do they care because it isn't their real account.  Or if it is, they have no intention of keeping it.  I don't know of anyone who would put 10 halftracks and 10 pioneers in an account and honestly try to get them vetted and build around that.  Its a hack.  Pure and simple.  While I for one like the flexibility of the new availability system, its potential and now "real" possibility for abuse isn't worth the one or two extra airborne it allows me to bring.  What is worse, its gotten to the point you never know if you are getting into a "real" game or not because unlike other unnamed mods there isn't a "fun" mode for EIRR where we can just put together hack companies and hack it out.  So here is the first vote to return to the old availability until something better can be put together.
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 10:03:57 pm »

It was implemented 24hours ago and we are looking for constructive feedback. So we will look at the game but there will always be ways to deal with things.

bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 10:05:16 pm »

A spam of half-tracks or jeeps can be stopped by a single tank.

3 Sniper start means no anti armor. Your second call in could just be a bunch of bikes.

You do know each vet 3 KCH man can survive 3 sniper shots right? Also the cover ability allows them to dodge sniper shots.

But I do agree there should be some hard caps on certain units to prevent griefing.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 10:08:47 pm »

Learn to adapt maybe? Puddin's companies used to be a challenge to beat, what you are seeing now are just weak gimmicks.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 10:08:55 pm »

uhh...if they wanna do all that i say let 'em, it's pretty easy to counter that much AI. They're having fun it seems. Its kinda like the old eir days when you could have liek 40 rifles and nothign else just for the hell of it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 10:09:25 pm »

All these spam tactics are usually vulnerable to simply being stopped by their intended counters unless the unit itself is overpowered, or the combination of them. 40+ wehr hts backing 3 snipers... sounds pretty counterable to me, and last time I checked neither of these units werent considered overpowered. 14 assault grenadier company sounds like around 6/8 of that company's munitions are in AI infantry.. send a tank.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 10:17:51 pm »

I actually think I agree with 90% of every post in this thread. A toast anyone? I do agree that it is fine to allow us to try different things, even if it means being vulnerable because of spam, but his point wasn't whether you win or lose the battle. The people he's talking about don't care about the battle, they just want to toy around with a free company, and vet hunt for kicks. That I do have a problem with.

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 10:32:28 pm »

10 halftrack end game spam, preceeded by a three sniper start
Wow, a PE companies wet dream.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 01:05:45 am »

This is a valid concern with the ease that grief companies can be built.

That being said, most types of spam companies can be dealt with. Even with the old limits, you can still do a massive spam call-in with 1 unit type if you wanted, but just once. E.g. 3 T17s, 6 bikes etc.

The only potentially griefable one I can see is: mass snipers versus vet infantry.

Everything else from mass light vehicles to mines/goliaths was do-able with the old system. Mass HTs / ACs etc was doable with the old system; you could have 6 IHTs and 3 ACs without paying PP.

Even vet hunting of heavy tanks: well you could have 4 M10s / 3 M18s in old system, so no biggie.

If people want to screw your vet over, no matter the system, it's going to happen. Your best defence is good recon: Jeeps, Bikes, Recon sections, Kettens, which you ought to have anyway.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 01:14:20 am »

The only potentially griefable one I can see is: mass snipers versus vet infantry.

I think you forgot that against vet 3 squads the only reliable counter is a sniper.. Tongue , it isn't grief the way I see it, it's just the hardcounter to them.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 01:20:50 am »

Actually I've stopped using snipers against vet 3 infantry cuz:

#1 Light vehicles are better
#2 Infantry has smaller impact on game now due to more vehicles (unless you're PE)
#3 Snipers tend to die to random stuff (run over by tank, stray mortar shell, stray artillery shell, cloaked pak luger guy, atgun sniped, stormtrooper hunted, blitzkreig run over, shrek or bazooka to the face, critical by officers etc)

Axis infantry no longer have the insane durability buffs they had under old EiR, so you don't really need to have snipers to counter infantry anymore.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 02:44:01 am »

snipers, especially the axis sniper can be really powerful. Before the reset, i was just a bit away from a vet 3 one. With L&L an that 10% sight and range increase, plus keeping an officer near by snipers are really good for americans.

also with L&L, they make  much better scouts than before.

Personally, i find if you're infantry heavy or vehicle heavy, snipers are one of your best friends. Infantry heavy, run into an hmg blocking your path, lob some mortars and snipe it out, goes a lot faster. Vehicle heavy, take out at guns of course. atm i'm not runnin a sniper cuz i dont have a lot of extra mp and mu to really waste on it.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 02:56:55 am »

Oh puddin is playing again? Tongue

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 02:57:44 am »

snipers, especially the axis sniper can be really powerful.

LOL!

You can't be serious about that Tym.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 03:51:17 am »

I think people are just experimenting for shits and giggles, I concur it's annoying if you're the one still trying to play serious but give it some time and everyone will eventually be going back to more or less balanced builds.

In addition, like Nev said we are monitoring the situation and will be making some changes in due time.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 04:03:47 am »

LOL I love my 8 jeep callin Grin. If 3 jeeps cant kill a sniper then I jus call my 8 jeeps of death in to finish them off. They work really well against blobs if you focus fire on certain troops. Smiley

PS: iv got that many jeep cos I had nothing else to spend my resources on Sad

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 06:53:59 am »

i plan on returning to OBM jeepspam
with 10% less damage taken these babies are cost effective once again.

focusfire will pwn AT but they are 3 pop so its kinda not pop-effective.

jeeps should be 2 pop like other recon units. they are not 50% stronger than bikes so shouldn't be 50% less of them on the field.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 07:11:57 am »

Unu... Both bikes and armed Schwimwaggens are 3 popcap.

Flacidman Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 11:29:06 am »

Arent wagens 2 pop?
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 11:30:31 am »

Unarmed, yes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc