Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 04:20:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Increase AP round usage  (Read 4261 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: August 23, 2009, 01:22:38 pm »

It would be great if AP round usage could go up to 3 uses instead of 2. Or heck make it infinite. How often does your ATG or MG last long enough to even use both AP round uses? And how many times do they get killed before they even get a chance to use them?

Another thing is how situational using them are, for the ATG you never want to use them at max range, you want to use them at mid range because it's easy for the vehicle to back out of it. So when it's most safe to use AP rounds, chances are, both those AP rounds will miss at that range.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 02:27:39 pm »

IMO, upping the price of the MG/ATG, making the AP rounds free, and on a 3 minute cooldown and infinite use(so they can be used after recrew) would be the best course of action...

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 03:29:04 pm »

hmm, i think i could agree with that. nothing would beat being able to recrew both of these and keeping the AP rounds on them.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:25:14 pm »

just gotta watch out for cooldown abuse. Cause im sure retreating the crew and recrewing the ATG after the AP rounds expired would just reset the cooldown and allow you to use it again, just like the 105 Howitzer.

That would need to be prevented if 57s are gonna change.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 04:27:49 pm »

3 Minutes would be too low anyway. You'd just use it every time you fight anyway. It would be like having the AP rounds on all the time. Cool down would have to be at least 5-10 minutes or it would basically be a permanent buff to the ATG
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 04:33:32 pm »

I want a "focus fire" for my atg's so it'll up the accuracy Cheesy it can be per use and it's a doc ability.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 04:54:12 pm »

I think they easiest/best thing to do would be to 1. Reduced the price of both ATG/MG AP Rounds by 10Mu each, and/or 2. Increase the possible uses by one.
Having infinite and/or free uses would way too much, however.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 09:05:55 am »

Why does it need to change? Simply because we want more bang for our buck?

The PaK doesn't do as much damage even with its single cloaked shot, and you're just paying for a few extra powerful shots. The allied AT without any ability already does more damage than any AT in the game, period......

Don't forget the PaK was already nerfed twice big time while the 57mm has seen no change.

I'm not just trying to argue, but why don't we leave things that work alone and fix things that are truly broken?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:15:12 pm by VERTIGGO » Logged

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 09:42:51 am »

The PaK doesn't do as much damage even ins its single cloaked shot, and you're just paying for a few extra powerful shots. The allied AT without any ability already does more damage than any AT in the game, period......

Here we go for the hundredth time:

From another thread:
I'm getting annoyed by this perception that 57mm > pak38. Gamesguy and I have posted like 20 times between us the proper stats but this devil keeps popping up.

Some time ago, me:
57mm and Pak38 have virtually same damage. 57mm fires 150 damage every 3.5 seconds, Pak38 115 damage every 2.5 seconds, which is 147.5 damage every 3.5 seconds.

From gamesguy, some time ago:
A lot of misconceptions here.

First of all, paks outdps 57mm, not the other way around.  They have the same penetration against similar targets, and the pak outdps the 57mm by approximately 10%.

Secondly, cloak first strike bonus is like a super AP round shot that always hits.  Where as the 57mm has to PAY for AP rounds(which is only two shots), pak gets it for free every time it cloaks.  In addition, the cloaked shot has a large accuracy bonus, AP rounds do not.   On top of that, recrewed paks retain their cloak ability where as the AP rounds that you paid for died with your original 57 crew.

Thread:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=8855.45

and:

Pak 38 is 380 MP, 120 MUN.
57mm is 380 MP, 110 MUN + 40 MUN for AP rounds.

Pak38 gets to cloak, 1st strike bonus can be used infinite number of times even with recrewing, and gives accuracy buff. 57mm gets no accuracy buff of any kind.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 09:50:50 am »

Why does it need to change? Simply because we want more bang for our buck?

The PaK doesn't do as much damage even ins its single cloaked shot, and you're just paying for a few extra powerful shots. The allied AT without any ability already does more damage than any AT in the game, period......

Don't forget the PaK was already nerfed twice big time while the 57mm has seen no change.

I'm not just trying to argue, but why don't we leave things that work alone and fix things that are truly broken?

hmmmmmmmmm.. interesting...

VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 10:37:44 am »

I concede the issues about reload and accuracy, Misten, I hadn't realized that!

However, AT guns are extremely accurate and the first shot or two is really all that counts, since no one sits there taking 10 AT shots and finds that the one with low reload time wins. Tanks get hit once and try to back out. This means that the PaK may get two shots in less time, but the enemy units are also different. The P4 takes less hits and has 25% slower acceleration, so it tends to get hit twice anyway. There are endless ways to compare how they stack up in different situations.

All I'm really saying is that if it's not broken, don't start fixing it. We already have too many weird changes (albeit originating from good intentions) that we shouldn't add more changes than we must. It's already irritating to me that the PaK gets movement and ambush nerfs while the brits get an auto-cloaking 57 that does more damage and doesn't have the retreat problem a cloaked PaK has.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc