Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 09:23:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mine idea.  (Read 7048 times)
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2009, 05:00:04 pm »

I wasn't talking about the idea itself, I meant the bug mentioned earlier. (in quotes)

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2009, 05:01:32 pm »

Just to let the original poster know, it currently works like that for triage.  Say if you have 5 engineers and the first one   buys triage.  You bring him out in the opening call in and he dies, any of the remaining 4 engineers when called onto the field can build it also.

That is a bug...but it seems that nobody ever cared about it, it was also in the old EIR in fact Tongue .

I don't think that's a bug actually, it also used to work (or still does) for bunkers and mg nests.
They were made to share a pool on purpose AFAIK.

So yes it could be done but we would definitely have to tie it to the amount of engineers fielded else it will become quite problematic. And I'm not sure if that's possible or worth the effort at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:03:57 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2009, 05:03:19 pm »

I don't like it.   The old system where you could buy 20 bunkers on one pio and spam them everywhere was pretty broken.   I literally had a bunker, and an fall back bunker for when the first one is destroyed, and the whole thing just gets old pretty fast.

With mines there is the obvious issue of buying 10 mines on one pio and going around planting it everywhere.  Its far too pop and cost effective.  
Hicks359
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2009, 05:08:09 pm »

Hrm, fair enough on not being worth the effort at the moment in light of more pressing concerns, but, as far as implementation goes...

Each time i drag a rifleman into my company, i lose 1 slot in the infantry pool.

So for the Mines/Equipment (Lets say just mines for now) Each time i put in an Engineer, the number of mines will go from 0/0 to 0/3.

Buying a mine (Perhaps a seperate button/roller?) would increase how many you have in the company, whilst detracting the amount of required munitions. Trying to go over the "Present" cap will either be denied or put the company in the red.

Basically, i can see it being done with a bit of work in the launcher fair enough, i'm just wondering if it could work out ingame.

PS. Btw Gamesguy, thats the point of context sensitive caps... You wouldnt be ABLE to get 20 bunkers... Or 10 mines with only one Engineer, you'd need to have a fair few, but not to the point of gimmicky to have a good supply of mines.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2009, 05:09:02 pm »

I wasn't talking about the idea itself, I meant the bug mentioned earlier. (in quotes)

and I was also talking about it, if you started to build it, you can't do it again.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 05:39:27 pm »

I don't like it.   The old system where you could buy 20 bunkers on one pio and spam them everywhere was pretty broken.   I literally had a bunker, and an fall back bunker for when the first one is destroyed, and the whole thing just gets old pretty fast.

With mines there is the obvious issue of buying 10 mines on one pio and going around planting it everywhere.  Its far too pop and cost effective.  

If mines were more expensive, this could work though. But it would eventually lead to everyone just sitting on their asses mortaring each other hoping to clear a path for mine detectors since 2-4 pop of enemy infantry could have mined the entire map. A big buff for support spam and a nerf to regular infantry and tanks.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2009, 05:42:20 pm »

If mines were more expensive, this could work though. But it would eventually lead to everyone just sitting on their asses mortaring each other hoping to clear a path for mine detectors since 2-4 pop of enemy infantry could have mined the entire map. A big buff for support spam and a nerf to regular infantry and tanks.

Exactly, currently mines are balanced because for each mine there was an attached manpower and population cost.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2009, 06:10:17 pm »

all we need to do to make this work is the following:
every unit can buy it as currently
it is built via the bunker method
but each individual engi/pio can only lay 2.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 06:28:33 pm »

Mies don't need to be balanced that way.  If you can get 10 mines for one pio, if he gets wasted you lose even more munitions.  If he gets his mines down then so be it.  Make people take mine clearing equipment for a reason. 

And if the argument is that it is to cost effective.  Then perhaps RRs and T17s and... shrecks, and Pumas or something.

Noone spams bunkers any more anyways.  And if they did, superior allied artillery would clear them. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc