Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 06:23:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] T3 RCA Saturation Mortar barrage  (Read 4387 times)
Osprey Offline
Maj. Osprey, Royal Lincolnshire Regiment

« on: August 29, 2009, 04:33:08 pm »

Is it just me, or does is the word saturation seem to be misplaced?

I know artillery has been reworked to scatter more and thus be less effective, but to be quite honest this is a rather useless Tier 3. It takes long enough between call and first round to miss any blobs, it causes no suppression and the individual rounds are barely powerful enough to kill even half a Volks squad.

I don't know, but I was hoping for a bit more punch for my 75PPs, or at least something I could use to punish a blob-flank manoeuvre. It seems a bit ineffective compared to other T3s out there, and especially compared to the Wehrmacht officer's mortar saturation off-map.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 04:41:19 pm »

yea, this is one that shouldn't have been touched, it wasn't over powered, it was more useful.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 04:51:44 pm »

Was useful before the recent nerf, which causes it to stray, and has half the rounds it used too.

Complaints were obviously very vocal based on people using them in tandem, like I already warned, it shouldn't be balanced based on this sort of perception.

The only change it needed was a smoke signal, and a recharge/cooldown timer.
Why they halved the rounds is beyond me.

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 05:59:56 pm »

Mortar barrage never instagibbed anything...

Earthshakers do though.

Aside from mortar Barrage I wasn't using lots of arty (2 mortar pits) and mainly went with RCA for the infantry upgrades because Royal Engineers have changed now that they are actually implemented.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 06:19:42 pm »

lol mortar barrage doesn't insta gib anything. If it kills, it was already a weak squad. It's basically a mortar shot without splash damage and suppression.
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 07:00:07 pm »

It tends to kill my stuff alright, in the begining it was like rain there were so many morters shots, then It didn't seem as bad, but it will still cause enough casualties to make me curse.

I just don't like the Matter Evaporator (Earthshaker).  Though I've not seen it with the new nerf yet.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 07:01:05 pm »

The old mortar barrage had a large radius and was basically death to any and all support weapons within the aoe.

Having dodged the new precision strike, no arty should be an instant and certain death for units within the aoe.

Earthshaker instagibs yes, but its pretty random and usually you have enough time to get out of the aoe.
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 07:18:17 pm »

Not my fault you always present a massive target for artillery Aloha.

As it is, Mortar Barrage is not worth a T3 unlock.
Smoke and Cooldown were enough to bring it inline.

As for Earthshaker, it's one of RCA's unique powers, and I have liked it in all iterations so far, including the current state.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 08:22:19 pm »

IIRC the mortar saturation barrage doesn't give the enemy any clue its being used, right? while the long time between use and first shot is quite noticeable, it would still hurt all whermatch players where it hurts them more, support teams, and against the PE, supressed blobs only, like with most off maps though..

I have yet to see the new off maps in action so I could be wrong.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 10:09:56 pm »

Is it just me, or does is the word saturation seem to be misplaced?

I know artillery has been reworked to scatter more and thus be less effective, but to be quite honest this is a rather useless Tier 3. It takes long enough between call and first round to miss any blobs, it causes no suppression and the individual rounds are barely powerful enough to kill even half a Volks squad.

I don't know, but I was hoping for a bit more punch for my 75PPs, or at least something I could use to punish a blob-flank manoeuvre. It seems a bit ineffective compared to other T3s out there, and especially compared to the Wehrmacht officer's mortar saturation off-map.
I halved the number of shells.

Afaik it was slated as a Tier 2, so that seemed to fit *shrug*

Oops ;p  I'll fix it back in d

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Osprey Offline
Maj. Osprey, Royal Lincolnshire Regiment

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 01:42:17 am »

Thanks, I'll let you know how it works out after the changes...
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 02:08:43 am »

I agree, it's a VERY lackluster T3.

It fails to kill anything inside buildings, it fails to kill anything that's infantry, it fails to do anything, to be honest. Well, at least it doesn't tell the enemy it's being dropped, however useful that may be :S.

Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 03:16:32 am »

It does tell them now. (red smoke)
And it also has a recharge timer in place.
The only two things it needed adding.

EIRMod, there are two mortar barrages.
One is Tier 2 and is smoke. It's okay, but I would never get it over the others in the tier (I did last war, but it's too expensive per use as it stands).

The other is Tier 3 and does damage. Although it's stated it doesn't pin, I'm pretty sure it does, but you have to get the same unit a few times so very low suppression. It's not great against buildings, and with the new floating point, isn't really good at killing units (which is fine by me as a power) but it's good for removing grouped infantry.

BUT, it in no way was it needed to have it's shells/shots halved, not by any stretch of the imagination.
It used to be no smoke signal and no recharge timer, so it was Broken/OP in that regard.

The final point is, a lot of people (myself included) will use these powers in tandem, so the people that were crying about it, were seeing it in a different light than it's true effectiveness (as with anything stacking them up compounds it's effect).

I constantly complain about KCH and Storms, but it doesn't mean I think they are OP.
I think restoring it's shells, and seeing how the recent artillery changes affect it at normal power is the best bet.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 08:15:05 am »

Cleaned

Victims:

Aggamemnon- post useless to discussion

Aloha - trying to flame

Lemures - offtopic, random quoting
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 12:22:52 pm »

Wasn't off topic at all. We can't compare a T3 Offmap to another T3 offmap now?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 01:05:52 pm »

Yes... you can... I'm not aware of what happened with Draken but if you have any issues with moderators take it up with Akranadas.
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 06:28:49 pm »

With the smoke and the drift this needs putting back the way it was.
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 08:49:51 pm »

vs. Wehrmacht: aim for weapons teams in the open, known pak locations, and grouped infantry.

vs. PE: aim for grouped infantry, infantry healing at a Radio Scout Car, and known locations of Fallshirmjaegers.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc