Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:28:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Input please  (Read 6489 times)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 05:29:48 pm »

Agreed

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
WinIsUP Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 07:05:12 pm »

Really?

I find it having the same range as an AT gun often quite problematic. There is not always cover to hide behind and such, creating problems with AT gun crawl.  Further more, i find it very expensive, this, combined with the inability to be re-crewed i have dropped all from my companies.

-Louis
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 07:24:24 pm »

Really?

I find it having the same range as an AT gun often quite problematic. There is not always cover to hide behind and such, creating problems with AT gun crawl.  Further more, i find it very expensive, this, combined with the inability to be re-crewed i have dropped all from my companies.

-Louis

Mortar HTs have 70 range, ATGs have 60 range.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 09:29:10 pm »

I'd say:
Mortars -
MHT (w/ Incendiary)
Mortar Pit
MHT
Ami mortar
Wehr mortar
2" mortar
*Don't know about Commando mortar

ATGs -
50mm
57mm, PaK, 6lbr
Marder, M18
Geschutz (same as Marder, but much more expensive, too expensive)
StuG

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 10:39:49 pm »

The Mortar HT is probably the only Mortar I have ever been able to get 35 kills on... and in general I frequent a lot more kills on mortar HTs on average than I do with any other mortar.

If my mortar can last past the first 5-10 minutes then I always get at least 30 kills. I have one vet 3 and another that's about to be vet 2. The problem most people have with the allied mortar is sitting it still treating it like the wehr mortar but the fact is, as soon as you even think that it could be in danger, move it, you'll find yourself getting it saved more often than not. You can't sit it still beacuse there's so many axis stuff that can take it out in no time.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 10:43:39 pm »

If my mortar can last past the first 5-10 minutes then I always get at least 30 kills. I have one vet 3 and another that's about to be vet 2. The problem most people have with the allied mortar is sitting it still treating it like the wehr mortar but the fact is, as soon as you even think that it could be in danger, move it, you'll find yourself getting it saved more often than not. You can't sit it still beacuse there's so many axis stuff that can take it out in no time.

That is good advice, and consistent my experiences over the last 2 games playing as americans with 4 mortars in my company.

Heed these words well!

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Warlight Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 11:19:53 pm »

Morters

Mortar Pit
Practicaly impossible to counter morter, survives offmap and onmap arty.  Its kinda like a 88 only it only works on infantry, but will dominate a section of the battle field.

81mm Wher, 60mm Ami- For their simple ability to keep veterancy.
You can’t sticky bomb a mortar through a building or and it’s a lot harder to Piat it.   

Mortar HT
Fragile, and requires a lot of attention to use well and to keep alive. 

2-inch Brit Mortar
It fires water balloons.

AT Guns

57mm – 50mmHT
The 57mm has power where it lacks mobility, and the 50mm has mobility to make up for its lesser power.

Pak38 – 6 lbr
As good as its cloak is, it adds the major drawback of having to click more in order to use them well.  Uncloak to move, uncloak and abandon to save vet, they just have an increased micro cost which makes them less effective.  6lber hits alright, but the fact that its crew can be shot off easily makes it worse.

M18 – Marder III
Both class cannons, both made of paper.  Where the Marder hits harder, the M18 has a turret and cloak. Marders pathing also mgives it problems.

Hetzer – Geschutz
Hetzer gets, points for being dual purpose and having nice thick front amour, but a weak-ish gun and low hitpoints.  Was better with bergtiger to fix it up on the fly.  The Geschutz is like the firefly of the wher, fragile but powerful.

STuG
Good with MG suppression bonus, dual purpose.  But outclassed most of the time.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 01:50:23 am »

Mortars.

1. Mortar HT - mobility and damage into one.
1. Mortar Pit - Ultimate in Area Denial Technology.
3. WM 81mm Mortar - long range, huge damage, immense suppression.
4. 60 mm Mortar - cheap, useful for smoke barrages, rather than actually shooting at things.
5. 2-inch - I would prefer not to pay more than 300 MP for it :S.

AT guns.

1. 50mm ATHT - mobile, hard hitting, low popcap. Expensive, though.
2. Marder/Geschitzwaggen(Nashorn) - mobile, hit even more like a train, slightly higher popcap, doesn't cost any munitions.
2. Pak - cloaktastic.
5. 57MM/6 pdr/StuG - the two ATGs can do a lot of damage, good penetration and range. The StuG is mobile, and can rape infantry with it's uber-MG.
8. M10/M18 - I find blob tactics to be the most effective with these things. Yeah, they have superior range, but you can't use it versus Improved Barrels, anyway.

VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 08:18:35 pm »

Mortar Emplacement (great range, can't counter mortar, magically heals when repacked)
81mm Wehr - 60mm (wehr has more range, but 60 fires much faster)
Mortar Halftrack
2 inch mortar

and

6lber (tons of damage and cloak is essentially the same as PaK)
Pak - 57mm (cloak is great but 150 base dmg is too)
M18 (weak vs schrecks, but packs lots of punch everytime is camos)
Marder
Stug (not surprisingly, i see it's on the bottom of everyone's list. if it was free i doubt we'd see many more onfield Grin)

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 10:30:44 pm »

Wehr Mortar - Better range and amazing suppression XD
Mortar HT - Mobile, vehicle that can't be counter mortars and fires and runs without deployment/setup time
Mortar Pit - Tough and long range
American mortar - decent range, suffers greater inaccuracies compared to Wehr mortar due to shorter range
2 inch mortar - Rock thrower anyone? Short range but great damage

Pak - Able to cloak!
6lb - Allied cloak, can stay on the field a bit longer and not be mortared immediately
Marder - Powerful damage bonus, can destroy tanks and emplacements amazingly fast
50mm HT - Nasty little, quick firing and mobile AT gun without setup time
57mm - Good range and damage, semi-useless upgrade only good for original crew while 6lb can cloak with recrew, tends to be a mortar target constantly and require lots of micro sometimes to keep alive

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc