Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 08:31:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the problem of the staghound  (Read 8833 times)
jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 12:41:55 pm »

The MG is the same as the M8 and Sherman. It just kills better because the platform it comes on is awesome.

It's the most useful British vehicle.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 05:21:18 pm »

Leo makes a great point. Prices mean next to nothing individually; the staghound is tougher than a StuG and faster than a Puma. It takes more than 20 shots for a P4 to kill 3 Stags, so even if they don't kill it, they'll just stay away. There's no counter to them, since nothing can catch them. A PaK will miss or do minimal damage and then be circled to death. Schrecks have no chance unless they're in a building, and even then, the Stag will just leave and not take any damage.

I've used 3-4 Stags in a company and they were easy. I didn't fear much of anything, because if I saw something bigger I just avoided it, and barely ever took hits.

Bottom line: There's something wrong when my tactical reaction to seeing double schrecks is to charge with the Staghound and bulldoze untill they 300mun AT squad is dead/retreating. If the Stag is the counter to it's own counters, we've lost our sense of rock paper scissors.

---Killer344: Try to end your post without a flamebait for next time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:43:22 pm by Killer344 » Logged

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 05:22:48 pm »

The MG is the same as the M8 and Sherman. It just kills better because the platform it comes on is awesome.

It's the most useful British vehicle.

The MG actually doesn't reload as often.

jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 05:27:23 pm »

True, the burst is longer and the reload is less frequent. I guess they aren't the same.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:29:40 pm by jackmccrack » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 05:41:48 pm »

VERTIGGO, I have played several times with you, and you keep doing the same mistakes, (not relying on Paks as your Main AT), do not rage in this forum because one unit is giving you a hard time, ask for advice in the Strategy Forum.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 05:42:42 pm »

Panther start makes them cry, and you still have 10pop of mans.
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 06:17:43 pm »

Once the high hp vet bug is gone people will use about 20% less stags since the srvivablity drops.

The british stag should just be moved to the tank availability column and you'll see how fast problem goes away.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 07:54:49 pm »

VERTIGGO, I have played several times with you, and you keep doing the same mistakes, (not relying on Paks as your Main AT), do not rage in this forum because one unit is giving you a hard time, ask for advice in the Strategy Forum.

Don't tell me I'm raging. I'm supporting Leo's legitimacy. The first page is loaded with people trying to shut him up, and I'm simply giving my witness that his statements have validity, and that I myself have experienced the over-power of the stag. Also, don't try to tell me that my opinion is less legitimate because I don't use enough PaKs for your liking. That is not a logical argument and PaKs are not even the light vehicle counter.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 08:02:19 pm »

paks + shrek or pak + tank is a lot more effective then tank + shrek since the shrek team will (probably) die quite quickly to the stag.

with a pak you can at least get 2 shots before it goes out of range or circles the pak.

VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 08:07:57 pm »

paks + shrek or pak + tank is a lot more effective then tank + shrek since the shrek team will (probably) die quite quickly to the stag.

with a pak you can at least get 2 shots before it goes out of range or circles the pak.

Only if the pak has scouts and the Stag charges head on, but who does that? PaKs don't turn on their own, so it's easy to flank them. I do it all the time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 08:18:06 pm »

Again Terror company sits tight and rolls itself a thin cigarette, lazily exhaling smoke as a one-trick pony fails to touch his magnifience. Mr terror company player sits on his double 15 munitions mines, which he packs on his zeal flamepios (best flamepios ingame), he has replaced all his paks with staghound resistant geschutzwagens freeing up 110 munitions for every pak replaced. Pios are tanktrapping limiting t17 movement, he has more munitions for either shreks or the anti infantry war.. all is good for the terror player, and if those drooling american vehicles dare to come close he pops IA or ferocity which is basically a AT ability all things considered and just signs the allies up for a big portion of rapesoup.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 05:49:03 am »

FYI zeal doesnt affect pioneers.
Staghound also has a 3x damage modifier vs Geschutzwagens.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 06:29:45 am »

i tought IA didnt work for schrecks
mapleleafsnation Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 06:42:55 am »

Only if the pak has scouts and the Stag charges head on, but who does that? PaKs don't turn on their own, so it's easy to flank them. I do it all the time.

Usually when I run armor into a paks line of fire it's because it is cloaked.
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 03:22:01 pm »

Thought I would throw this in here: My STATIONARY *VET 2* (increased accuracy) panzer 4 missed 5 shots in a row on a staghound yesterday. This was all while it semi-circle strafed an AT gun. Semi, because it only got so far around the AT gun before it (alone) de-crewed it. I even think the two squads of grens I had nearby with lmgs were actually cheering it on at one point. I wont name names as to who was driving it, but he did manage to get lost while hiking along an 80-mile wall the other day.  Tongue
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 04:01:22 pm »

That's caused by the received accuracy buff from vet 1, it will be probably changed in the next patch to recieved damage.

the staghound is tougher than a StuG and faster than a Puma.

Stug's armor is quite different from British Staghounds.

http://coh-stats.com/Vehicle:Stug_IV
http://coh-stats.com/Vehicle:Staghound_Armoured_Car

http://coh-stats.com/Vehicle:Sdkfz_234_Armored_Car

Puma's accelerate faster and have a higher maximum speed, that's a clear fact.

Also, don't try to tell me that my opinion is less legitimate because I don't use enough PaKs for your liking. That is not a logical argument and PaKs are not even the light vehicle counter.

Sorry mate but you haven't yet understood the basic mechanics of CoH if you think that Paks are not made to deal with light vehicles.

Don't tell me I'm raging.

Prove me wrong maybe?, you didn't even waste 5 minutes to check CoH-Stats before throwing stuff like Stags are faster than Pumas or Stags are tougher than Stugs.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 04:11:48 pm by Killer344 » Logged
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 05:43:39 pm »

Once the high hp vet bug is gone people will use about 20% less stags since the srvivablity drops.

The british stag should just be moved to the tank availability column and you'll see how fast problem goes away.

With stags and fireflies and Churchills in the same pool a large portion of the problem is gone.

as an afterthought can units have secondary pool costs as in a T17 costs 4 vehicle and 1 tank supply. im thinking multipurpose supply charges ftw

Edit: I quoted myself simply because I heard no yes/no or any thoughts on this idea. also if its already in tanks then fuck me i dont play brits.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 05:53:53 pm by Ununoctium » Logged
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2009, 07:00:28 pm »

That's caused by the received accuracy buff from vet 1, it will be probably changed in the next patch to recieved damage.

the staghound is tougher than a StuG and faster than a Puma.

Stug's armor is quite different from British Staghounds.

http://coh-stats.com/Vehicle:Stug_IV

http://coh-stats.com/Vehicle:Sdkfz_234_Armored_Car

Puma's accelerate faster and have a higher maximum speed, that's a clear fact.

Also, don't try to tell me that my opinion is less legitimate because I don't use enough PaKs for your liking. That is not a logical argument and PaKs are not even the light vehicle counter.

Sorry mate but you haven't yet understood the basic mechanics of CoH if you think that Paks are not made to deal with light vehicles.

Don't tell me I'm raging.

Prove me wrong maybe?, you didn't even waste 5 minutes to check CoH-Stats before throwing stuff like Stags are faster than Pumas or Stags are tougher than Stugs.

No I didn't waste 5 minutes on CoH-Stats, you did. I spent my time in the EIRR .rgd, where the Puma's speed is 6.4. Don't quote a website for a game that we're not even playing anymore. PaKs are less accurate vs light vehicles than tanks, albeit not totally ineffective. I understand that mechanic. Also armor makes no difference when penetration is 1+ which is always the case for 57mm AP or any weapon with a rear shot.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2009, 07:17:17 pm »

Coh stats is outdated, it hasnt been updated since like 2.2 or something.

Relic nerfed puma speed a while back.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc