Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 08:18:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Royal Canadian Artillery]  (Read 9940 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: September 08, 2009, 12:21:04 am »

How come Royal Canadian Artillery has absolutely NO Cooldown Doctorines?

Each Artillery piece has around 300 Seconds and only Veterancy drops it together 40 seconds. Both Priest and 25 Pounder.

The Defencive Doctorine has Ready Rounds which is 25% Less Cooldown on nebels and Stukas, how come British Royal Canadian Artillery has none? D:

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 02:00:03 am »

wait, so you want MORE Arty for RCA?  FFS, i played a double brit RCA team the other day and got hit with arty literally every other minute all game long...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 02:04:29 am »

they have a lot of specialized artillery as opposed to other stuff.

and hummels dont get cooldown bonuses via doctrine, neither does the allied howitzer or the callie i think, so meh.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 02:56:33 am »

and hummels dont get cooldown bonuses via doctrine, neither does the allied howitzer or the callie i think, so meh.

But they aren't Artillery Doctorines right? Where Royal Canadian ARTILLERY is Royal Canadian Artillery focusing more on artillery and infantry than on anything else...so a cooldown Doctorine would be a great, 3 Tier 4s are empty and so on...

Basically it is not more Artillery since RCA has huge ammount of Offmaps. Mortar Saturation, Earth Shaker Barage and FOO available to all officers. Those are Offmaps but I'm talking ON-MAP Artillery here. On-Map isn't As annoying as Offmap Artillery so it won't be a "I WIN BUTTON" Either since it takes pop. (Priest is 10 pop and 25 Pndr is 9 pop and Immobile with short range without a tier 3 and with that tier 3 it is still shortish)

Thus a cooldown reduction would make Artillery Doctorine able to support team mates with barrages. Maybe the barrage should only effect on the Normal rounds other than the Creeping Barrage. Creeping Barrage is being used since it has longer range than the normal firing method atm.

Is it possible to add a Cooldown Doctorine for RCA?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:03:26 am by NightRain » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 03:20:07 am »

actually i don't know what to do with this doctrine currently

play a game against people like "lopezhugo" with 2 mortar pits 25 pounder priest all with creeping barrage and offmaps
its no fun

i think there are strange things in this doctrine like almost uncounterable health regeneration extreme long range mortar pits or the imho op creeping barrages on cooldown

i don't think that it would be good for gameplay to lower the cooldown on creeping barrages of priest or 25pounder

and no one would use a normal priest shot when he can have op creeping barrages
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 03:34:39 am »

Ya, playing that double RCA team made me feel like I was back as a COH noob playing on the Scheldt, instead of on Neunen...
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 04:44:52 am »

But they aren't Artillery Doctorines right? Where Royal Canadian ARTILLERY is Royal Canadian Artillery focusing more on artillery and infantry than on anything else...so a cooldown Doctorine would be a great, 3 Tier 4s are empty and so on...

Basically it is not more Artillery since RCA has huge ammount of Offmaps. Mortar Saturation, Earth Shaker Barage and FOO available to all officers. Those are Offmaps but I'm talking ON-MAP Artillery here. On-Map isn't As annoying as Offmap Artillery so it won't be a "I WIN BUTTON" Either since it takes pop. (Priest is 10 pop and 25 Pndr is 9 pop and Immobile with short range without a tier 3 and with that tier 3 it is still shortish)

Thus a cooldown reduction would make Artillery Doctorine able to support team mates with barrages. Maybe the barrage should only effect on the Normal rounds other than the Creeping Barrage. Creeping Barrage is being used since it has longer range than the normal firing method atm.

Is it possible to add a Cooldown Doctorine for RCA?

but the fact is, that rca has the most artillery of any doctrine. There are so many other sides with artillery and dont have the cooldown. Only one that have it I know of is the defensive doc. Jesus just leave it the way it is, you can already spam almost an endless amount of artillery with rca, stop being so greedy. It gets cooldown decreases with vet just like every artillery piece in the game. I don't care what you say, the Priest doesn't need anything added to it to decrease its cooldown, it's already a very good unit as is. If not the most powerful single artillery unit next to the Hummel and it reloads faster than the infantry docs howitzer.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 06:34:17 am »

What's the argument here.....? RCA needs a CD decrease just because it's an artillery based doctrine or because another doctrine from a different faction has it?, have you ever seen what a fully developed RCA company can do? I doubt it tbh Tongue.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 06:54:06 am »

What's the argument here.....? RCA needs a CD decrease just because it's an artillery based doctrine or because another doctrine from a different faction has it?, have you ever seen what a fully developed RCA company can do? I doubt it tbh Tongue.

You don't even need a fully developed company for that. But the more the better i guess.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 07:02:03 am »

Actually, the both. Because it is Artillery Based and Other Doctorine has it for nebels and stukas.

And yes I've played fully developed RCA Company and it did great. Without the massive Offmap spammage of course, only used Onmap Artillery. I tried out EarthShaker too, it was quite...weird in my opinnion might be too OP too cause it can insta two StuGs with a direct Hit (Not kill but leave like 10 hp etc, Replay lost within patches of EIRR).

A Tier 3 Doctorine that is TBA could have space for 15-25% Cooldown decrease
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 07:05:29 am »

They'll get cool down decreases
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 07:11:44 am »

They'll get cool down decreases

Victory!
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 07:13:08 am »

...really?  I thought everyone decided we needed LESS arty in the mod, not more?
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 07:18:54 am »

On map artillery presence is usually limited to one gun, off map artillery was the problem
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 07:54:15 am »

An endless ammount of artilery? Really?

Mortar saturation now drops less, less powerful, more scatered mortar shells for a T3 than a T1 officer that also has his mortar saturation on a cooldown. Oh, and the brits mortar saturation takes forever to come down.
Earth-shaker has been nerfed 4 times (!) in damage against wehrmacht units. That means it's actually less powerful than a 105 shelling against tanks and light vehicles. Not to mention it's enormous random-ness and high time inbetween shells.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 08:23:36 am »

I'm just saying what I saw when I played 2 of them in a 2v2 Myst.  I know what I faced.  I don't know what kind it was, just that it went boom constantly.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 08:26:50 am »

Creeping Barrage and Howitzer Barrage aren't sharing the same timer. Which they should be. So RCA players are alternating between Creeping Barrage and Howitzer Barrage, which is unintentional.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 08:46:09 am »

Lemures and Serumel, yes, everybody knows them, and as of the "Free lvl 8" patch +1 their companies are utterly worthless.
Played versus them myself, it rained offmaps that didn't do any damage.... Really scary ;P.
pernik Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 08:54:13 am »

lmao I just realized Lemures = Serumel backwards.

@topic: RCA is fine I think, although I don't mind anything that is to be added in the future 'cause I play RCA as my Brit account ^^

Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 09:53:58 am »

The information being thrown about in this post is obviously out of date.

Firstly, we don't really need cooldown bonuses, getting them as vet is fine.
Secondly, as I argued last night, FOO is ON MAP. No unit on map, no ability. Just like a howie, just because the unit doesn't physically fire the shells doesn't change the mechanic.
Thirdly, Both Mortar Saturation (still needs fixing EIRRMOD) and Earthshaker have been nerfed double over with the last patch, added drift, delays and less damage.

Lastly, and most importantly, what most people are complaining about is double RCA, Both specializing in ARTILLERY, it's supposed to be a fucking pain in the arse to play, just like double terror, and double blitz, the advantages and disadvantages are compounded. Myself (I play as Serumel) and Lem have now gained 2 and a half wars worth of experience playing this type of company and fighting style together, we call our offmaps/onmaps, and we push and pull around the map using them to cover eachother.

The funny thing is, last time, Lem went ALL infantry buffs, with only mortar saturation as offmap, and people still complained.

What RCA needs right now is the rest of it's alternatives fleshed out.
Give us another direction to go in.

There are still loads of problems with playing Brits, especially against Tank heavy companies, especially as RCA .

As for powers and abilities.

Creeping and Normal 25pdr Barrage do NOT have unshared timers, use one and you get it's cooldown, use the other and you get that skills cooldown (shorter for normal barrage).
Once you use Creeping, it has a long cooldown, and if you use normal it's short, you can alternate, but you pay the cooldown cost for the right skill used.

I would suggest lowering the pop cost (as I always do) for the 25 pounder and making our t2 FOO choice worthwhile, by making Victor Target free for captains with the unlock. At least make it a worthwhile purchase, as it's essentially 140 munitions for a maximum of 2 arty pieces (one 25pdr each). Right now it's not a worthwhile purchase (just get more captains =  FOOs)

Make the 25pdr, unlock with the doctrine, move smoke barrage to t1 instead, move supercharged rounds down into t2 and put something worthy of a t3 in it's place.
Get the 25pdr AT doctrine unlock (t4) ingame.
Add a t3 infantry buff, and a t4 infantry based unlock/power in t4.

Also.
Brits in General, I think need more things to block tank movement (yes button is awesome, but very very temporary).
Tank traps and Mines would help and why the 17pdr is doctrine specific I have no idea, it's a base unit.
Do any axis tanks really fear taking on Brits at the moment?

---Killer344: Refrain from flaming please.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:59:20 am by Killer344 » Logged

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc