Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:40:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blitz < Terror?  (Read 5501 times)
Ellandrious Offline
EIR Regular

« on: September 08, 2009, 03:23:16 pm »

Should blitz=terror but I dont see that at the moment.  I have been fooling around with a blitz company but they seem to be a little UP.  It has a few nice option but still nothing that makes me think wow! I really want that it f88king awesome, where are terror on the other hand is so much better in so many ways. 

I had a conversation with smokaz as to why he wasnt play blitz and more, and he said ( correct me if I'm wrong smokaz) "because at level 4 my terror company was more powerful than my level 8 blitz."  This is exactly how I feel about blitz.  Assault used to be goo before they change it to stun, i prefere to kill the units not stun them. Tiger with out another tier 3 improved barrels and a tier 4 heat round is sub par, and that alot of docterine chooses invested into a small number of units.

I know that as of yet is not finished docterine, but still why choose blitz when you can go terror?
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 03:24:28 pm »

Should blitz=terror but I dont see that at the moment.  I have been fooling around with a blitz company but they seem to be a little UP.  It has a few nice option but still nothing that makes me think wow! I really want that it f88king awesome, where are terror on the other hand is so much better in so many ways. 

I had a conversation with smokaz as to why he wasnt play blitz and more, and he said ( correct me if I'm wrong smokaz) "because at level 4 my terror company was more powerful than my level 8 blitz."  This is exactly how I feel about blitz.  Assault used to be goo before they change it to stun, i prefere to kill the units not stun them. Tiger with out another tier 3 improved barrels and a tier 4 heat round is sub par, and that alot of docterine chooses invested into a small number of units.

I know that as of yet is not finished docterine, but still why choose blitz when you can go terror?

This was from me , wrong account! LOL
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 03:32:32 pm »

Wait for the doctrine rework.
Many things will change.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
HansVonLuk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 03:37:38 pm »

Wait for the doctrine rework.
Many things will change.

I hope your right  Grin
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 03:38:05 pm »

i dont pick terror for simple reason is king tiger is to slow for my style

i dont pick terror because it doesnt have blitzkrieg

i dont pick terror because it doesnt have german engineering

maybe if i played terror i would even be better but as of yet, i hate the king tiger, id rather the tiger with german engineering and blitzkrieg

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 03:40:08 pm »

Nothing says loving like a Tiger at vet 3 with HEAT rounds. It destroys infantry and tanks like swatting flies.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 03:45:20 pm »

Its exciting to speculate about how the doctrine changes will buff/nerf the good and the bad doctrines, but the way I undersand it the main change is from serial to linear doctrine chioces adding a few doctrine stuff. (If it can be described like that)

From what I saw of the terror doctrine, it will still make the other two look pitiful with the right choices. (More speculation on half-truths).

MMMmm rumours, they taste like sugar on my lips. Wink

i dont pick terror for simple reason is king tiger is to slow for my style

i dont pick terror because it doesnt have blitzkrieg

i dont pick terror because it doesnt have german engineering

maybe if i played terror i would even be better but as of yet, i hate the king tiger, id rather the tiger with german engineering and blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg is almsot pointless to use on the tiger. With it you are inclined to move, and your tiger accuracy drops to less than 1/3 with blitzkrieg, stationary. Its a escape tool, nothing more.

German engineering is also a great tool against incompetent opponents who allow you to repair tanks in peace. Real players rush your crap or drop ab's on it, forcing it off. Your practically engine damaged half buttoned tank will then be quite helpless to defend itself. Nothing like a 10 second reload tiger missing.

Compare G.E to a flank speed sherman with OBR just escaping anything while it repairs.

The king tiger is not the strong point of terror, other than part of a bigger gearup of some kind of anti tank attrition strategy. Its a big damage soak, nothing more.

So yeah have fun with UP blitz or rather lets have fun with OP terror, however you turn the understanding of those two observations around it still leaves one better than the other.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:49:10 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 04:18:52 pm »

i dont use blitz on the tiger...
GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 04:42:41 pm »

It's my personal belief that if you get GS on a KT, you must not know how to play terror. A-your wasting a t4 to give a slight health buff to a king tiger which is one of the riskiest vehicles to use and is prone to many dangers, amplified by the slow speed the engine gets once it's damaged. B-It would come out much more beneficial to get GS for numerous Stug's/P4's. C- you could get more off maps or get ferocity,which is deadly with some vetted grens or volks.

BigDick
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 04:51:35 pm »

i don't know if it is my fault or really blitz dependent but i suck with my wehr blitz company
i always thought it is more wehrmacht related that they got a huge amount of nerfs

i tried a couple of builds and for some time i thought i had a nice blitz build

but since a while i get pwnd by almost everything us and brit has to throw in

i actually like the playstyle tanks supported by infantry (what blitz would fit better than terror)
but a couple of games ago i got pwnd by vet3 ab blobs with quad and sherman support
WinIsUP Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 04:51:51 pm »

i agree with your original statement, mostly. Except i think that it is terror that is OP, rather than bitz being UP.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2009, 08:42:31 pm »

I think terror is a bit OP atm because of zeal bonuses and gren spam, but not hugely. The only blitz players I have trouble with are those that make good use of their storms. I don't fear tigers too much.

And I have to agree, GS with a KT is just silly. The best GS companies are those that use a lot of P4s. I also think I've seen ostwinds used to great effect with GS as well.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Aggamemnon Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 09:29:01 pm »

Blitz is a good company, just terror is a bit OP with certain combinations at the minute. (played them last war, so damn easy to play as).

I used to love Blitz, and still do, but up until recently everyone either played them or used the re-inforcements from them, so it was very boring to be the same as everyone else.

They have great options imo, just other things are working out better as a combination in other companies.

"Success on D-Day, depended entirely on these men"
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2009, 07:16:58 am »

Another interesting thing is, i see mostly people talking and wondering about taking Terror or Blitz and Defensive seems to be the step child more and more.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2009, 07:26:17 am »

Always has been Tongue
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2009, 07:27:51 am »

Defensive only currently has 2 T4s; that is part of the reason.

I run a defensive company, I like it. It's either artillery-based or support weapon based that is strong for defensive atm. If that's not your style then it's pretty meh too.
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2009, 11:41:15 am »

Screw you guys I use German Steel with the KT.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 12:03:41 pm »

I like blitz over any doctrine simply because of the Tiger.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 02:38:06 pm »

Another interesting thing is, i see mostly people talking and wondering about taking Terror or Blitz and Defensive seems to be the step child more and more.

Thing is a lot of people can't turtle Tongue
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 04:46:45 pm »

I'd probably play my defensive more if it had the old ftfl set up. 7 minute cool down infinite uses, was sooooo awesome. Though I am thinking of running a omni battalion, but it's just been so long since I've really played wher and I've gotten so much better at US that I just play US all the time. I always thought defensive was one of the funner wher doctrines, it at least fit my play style best.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc