Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 01:58:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Vet Hunting?  (Read 4443 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: September 10, 2009, 04:04:12 pm »

I was just accused of vet hunting just because I dropped artillery on a vetted mortar and because later on I had 3 unupgraded rifles with an officer supporting take out a vet 3 gren with an lmg when I popped the officers ability. Its not my fault he felt he could beat me, which he would've if I didn't have the officer ability. I didn't even focus fire, I just popped the ability and they did the rest, and the vet 3 was the closest unit so it got fired on first. Is that vet hunting?

Or is using your puma to chase down a retreating at gun crew or using bikes to run down my vetted rangers, is that vet hunting?

If i wanted to vet hunt, I could've ran down his two vet 3 paks that took out my 2 m10's but I didn't even though i had the units to do so.

So, what is this "vet hunting" to you? How do you describe it? How do you deal with it?

Disclaimer:
For the person that I'm talking about, notice I used no names so don't take offense, I'm just using you as an example, if you choose to reply to this, do so at your own discretion. I didn't even upload a reply but if you choose to reply I will upload the replay so others may judge for themselves.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 04:06:14 pm »

Who care's make that no life player cry. if its on the field, kill it. They would do the same.
GeneralGlacko Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 04:10:05 pm »

I was just accused of vet hunting just because I dropped artillery on a vetted mortar and because later on I had 3 unupgraded rifles with an officer supporting take out a vet 3 gren with an lmg when I popped the officers ability. Its not my fault he felt he could beat me, which he would've if I didn't have the officer ability. I didn't even focus fire, I just popped the ability and they did the rest, and the vet 3 was the closest unit so it got fired on first. Is that vet hunting?

Or is using your puma to chase down a retreating at gun crew or using bikes to run down my vetted rangers, is that vet hunting?

If i wanted to vet hunt, I could've ran down his two vet 3 paks that took out my 2 m10's but I didn't even though i had the units to do so.

So, what is this "vet hunting" to you? How do you describe it? How do you deal with it?

Disclaimer:
For the person that I'm talking about, notice I used no names so don't take offense, I'm just using you as an example, if you choose to reply to this, do so at your own discretion. I didn't even upload a reply but if you choose to reply I will upload the replay so others may judge for themselves.

Here we go again.
Let me break it down real quickly,
would you prefer to fight vet now or later?It'll come back to getchu later.

oblivionens Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 04:19:36 pm »

It was me the op is talking about.

I whined a little, but I always do that to my teammates so its nothing to get offended by, and I lost a vet 3 gren that game, so I wanted a revenge and run down a vet 1 AT crew with a puma, that I think vetted that game Grin

And the vet 3 rangers, LOL!!!!, they hade like 5 soldiers left and 2 - 3 bikes chased it but stopped at a mortar, and im pretty certain that i havent even been able to kill them either way.

But hey we can send the whole replay where you abandon your teammate alone wich I think is more unfair than what I did.

With best regard: Shadow89

//FRAisShit
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 04:25:04 pm »

i left because i thought i had to pick up my little brother at 3 or else i'd have stayed i had plenty left, no one told me i wouldn't have to get him so i'm kinda pissed at that.
WinIsUP Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 07:04:05 pm »

vet hunting imo is killing peoples vet to make them unhappy. Chasing vet isnt necessarily vet hunting, the person may just be farming so that whatever unit they are using gets more vet.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 07:41:47 pm »

Lol, this coming from Tym, who accused me of vet hunting when he sent 1 vet 2 assault gren and 1 vet 2 G43 squad behind my lines to kill 2 howitzers, had them each go down to 2 men, and then, while he was retreating, I was moving jeeps to gain LoS and they auto-attacked them.

"Dude, stop vet hunting"
"What?"
"Don't act stupid with me"

Lol.. like 2 jeeps could kill a two 2 men squad that are retreating without chasing them all the way back to spawn.

Or how about, in that same game, when I planted an M8 mine in the middle of 4 of Tym's vehicles and it blew up 3 of them and left the 4th (a vet 2 hotchkiss stuka) with no health and a destroyed engine.  My teammate goes to kill it off and he's accused of vet hunting, even though he probably did you a favor since it would have taken the whole game to get that thing off of the field.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 08:18:37 pm »

vet hunting imo is killing peoples vet to make them unhappy. Chasing vet isnt necessarily vet hunting, the person may just be farming so that whatever unit they are using gets more vet.

really? a puma against an at gun crew, 1 guy? that's 1 xp.
WinIsUP Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 08:55:46 pm »

thats fine, every little bit helps. if i do it to 10 people thats +10 xp.

If its on the field its fair game, most of the older eir players except this, if your not prepared to risk it, don't bring it out. The point of having vet is to use it ( to win games), not hide it.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 09:30:53 pm »

ya but chasing retreating units down is bad form...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 09:42:14 pm »

Yea I agree chasing retreating stuff looks bad, but I'll do it if someone has pushed my buttons.  Usually (usually lol) I won't do it if I'm bored though lol.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:50:50 pm by fallensoldier7 » Logged
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 09:48:10 pm »

Vet hunting is what shit players cry when they lose their vet because they suck too much to get it back.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 11:04:59 pm »

Vet hunting is what shit players cry when they lose their vet because they suck too much to get it back.

which is why he did it to me. He was upset cuz he lost his vet and decided to retaliate. I dont vet hunt unles someone does it to me.
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2009, 11:52:53 pm »

killing retreating units (except tanks) is like shooting surrenderedSoilders in a war.
Their is just now honor in it...

Just my opinion.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2009, 11:56:33 pm »

IMO, it isn't vethunting if :
1. The last soldier in a squad has a shrek/LMG which would help you out immensely.
2. The unit was back-capping. One dishonorable deed for another ;P.
3. The unit is one that can cloak. Snipers and Stormtroopers in particular. They are severely more powerful with veterancy.
4. You were vethunted first.
5. It is a tank that didn't use it's repair kit yet.

Unforgivable vethunting :

1. Vet-hunting units of a dropped player when said units aren't stuck.
2. Vet-hunting units of a newbie.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 01:44:35 am »

I agree with mysths unforgivable vet hunting.

but in general, vet hunting is some one whining because they lost vet. doesn't matter if they killed 3 of your vet 3 units, if you kill one of their vet 2 units and they want to whine about it, then it will become vet hunting =P

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 02:55:59 am »

Vet hunting is legal.  You might not make friends however, but I've found that most people who talk the high road, take the low road when given the opportunity in game.   Wink

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc