Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:28:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rank 9 Idea  (Read 3385 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: September 11, 2009, 03:43:10 pm »

I can't remember what thread it was brought up in, but we talked about having all accounts linked to one. And I suggested that if you got to a certain level you would get 500PPs for other accounts so you could try other stuff out without having to grind multiple accounts. Well I had another idea that I think is even better!

As it stands I just recently bought my last advantage, I have everything bought, now ill only be buying SPs. I have 244XP past rank 8. So I think we should get a rank 9 that comes at either 200 XP past rank 8 or 250XP past rank 8 (i have a pretty much 1:1 win loss ratio).

Anyways once you reach rank 9 you get a button that wipes your battalion clean. You lose all your units and SPs that were bought. BUT! This also makes all advantages/doctrine free and wipes them out as well.

So when you are level 9 you can constantly change your doctrine choices/advantages each game. Having it wipe your battalion means you won't keep any vet or SP every time you decide to change things up, and will prevent people from keeping a pershing, wiping, then getting 2 other T3s.

This will also give players the flexibility they want without having to start new accounts and start from scratch. Pretty much by the time a player gets this far with their account, they regret at least one advantage they picked or one doctrine choice. This would also allow players to stick to an account for quite some time trying different things underneath that doctrine choice. So since I'm armor, one day I could be running a double calli, dual rocket rack battalion, decide I hate it, and run a M-18 heavy AP round company the next.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 04:48:38 pm by RikiRude » Logged

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:20:55 pm »

Damn good idea imo.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 06:41:07 pm »

i don't think its that good since it allows you to do literally anything with your account, whereas lesser accounts have to stick with what they have until they get to lvl 9.

It would just further the gap between higher ranked players and lower ranked players.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 07:11:19 pm »

as long as EVERYTHING is erased and you ONLY get enoguh PPs for the doctrines, NO SP. 

All saved PP is gone. 

Because people will change to off map heavy stuff just to spam and fuck ppl over.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 07:30:26 pm »

as long as EVERYTHING is erased and you ONLY get enoguh PPs for the doctrines, NO SP. 

All saved PP is gone. 

Because people will change to off map heavy stuff just to spam and fuck ppl over.

Agreed, and that's the idea in my head. Everything is gone. So if you get any off maps or abilities they are only the free uses you start off with.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 07:34:23 pm »

You could have it so at Rank 9, you can offer to boost your other account by the PPs automatically earned for winning, going to those accounts linked. This could also be done for people wanting to help others, but giving them PPs they wouldn't otherwise be able to use
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 08:32:25 pm »

Yeah, pretty much what Akranadas said:
When you reach a max rank (or any rank maybe) if you create a new account / battalion linked to your main - you would start off in a certain state of PP / Rank.

Very much like the way DAoC did it online - When you max leveled (50 at the time), you could create a level 20 character anywhere, any server.

We'll probably be doing something similar.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 08:33:31 pm »

Yeah, pretty much what Akranadas said:
When you reach a max rank (or any rank maybe) if you create a new account / battalion linked to your main - you would start off in a certain state of PP / Rank.

Very much like the way DAoC did it online - When you max leveled (50 at the time), you could create a level 20 character anywhere, any server.

We'll probably be doing something similar.

damn, thats pretty sweet maybe you can have it so it's at Tier 2 and be able to get free docs on t1 and t2.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 08:58:55 pm »

nah just lvl 8 otherwise would be too easily to manipulate.

EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 09:06:53 pm »

Depends which way we go really - we'll probably open it up completely for the community with a vote of some sort.

Although, most popular doesnt always equal best choice Wink
Armfelt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 09:11:36 pm »

Either way, please donīt make this mod more Pro/nerd friendly!

"Well opinions are like assholes, everybody has one."
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 09:12:53 pm »

understandable but that way it prevents you from playing an easy early war doctrine and switching after accumulating lots of pp really quick...say play airborne and get some quick PP etc then switch to armor.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 09:23:27 pm »

very interesting ideas all around the board.

i see how some people see it as a bad thing making a bigger gap, but i don't really see it, why create an armor account 15 times because you just can't find the doctrine choices that suit you best? there are some players on here where they have a few accounts at level 8 and there are some people like me who only have one account at level 8 and just recently got it maxed out.

i like the idea of having pp go from one account to another as well. all interesting. i hope to see more posts with opinions to and for the different ideas stated.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 10:31:05 pm »

Either way, please donīt make this mod more Pro/nerd friendly!
Thats never been the direction.

Its always been about making it easier for newer players to adjust / play vs pro/nerds.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 11:23:28 pm »

what I meant was that when you decide to start over, you start at Tier 2 with free tier 1 and 2 unlocks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc