Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:27:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: War not going anywhere...  (Read 7850 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« on: September 16, 2009, 06:16:51 pm »

ok, I look at the launcher, and check to see if anything has changed and nope, nothing seems to be giving me incentive to play.

The warmap, and this war doesnt give me a sense of urgency anymore, as if Im competing, or helping sway the war for my side in any way. Tbh, its getting quite boring. No side has the strength to push and win the war for there side.

Back when O4b, Crazy and I went on a winning streak mid war, we won something like 15+ straight games to try to push the warmap to tanteville, and all of our progress was lost the next day. And here we are, bouncing back and fourth between the same 4 set of 3 maps.

I want to look onto that warmap in the morning, seeing that the allies are making steady pace, and them come home from school to see the allies bout to get pushed out of europe, and 5 PMs on vent trying to get me to join a counter stack to push the axis back. That my playing, and my skill matters in the grand scheme of things.

Ive played through the lvl8, end tier war. Grinding for abilities is no longer fun. The mod is like 98% balanced, theres little cheeze armies to try and beat, and I can no longer find players of the same caliber to play with/ or against on a regular basis, and the mod is starting to lose some of it's replayability.... for me anyways.

I know that were still in the beta phase, and that EIRRMOD is working on it, but things are starting to get stale. It doesnt feel as if there's a goal to the mod that we can complete, other than "Win the War", which seems rather vauge and unattainable at the moment.

idk, what does everyone else think of this?

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 06:21:05 pm »

quickfix test phase:
PP x2
map speed x2, or 5x intensity. (its already x2 but you have to go through 2 phases to push the map only 1 way, back and forth is really dragging even with the new intensity system)

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 06:25:26 pm »

I would prefer the map change and intensity was x10 of what it is now, and having it reduce the closer you get to one side of the map list (i.e. winning the war) due to pushed back resistance, and the defending armies having no where else to go, but are on death ground.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 07:00:37 pm »

I also think the 'losing' team needs to be pushed into ATTACK mode rather than defense.  It should make sense that when the sides are fighting for say Chuch, and the axis 'win' the center part of the war progress, that the axis should then 'defend' the church as they have taken their objective and push the allies into an all-out attack/breakout in a last ditch effort to take the city before the front moves.  This would I think help with the current back and forth stalemate that seems to be going on way too much, and I also think a much, much higher increase in intensity and push per game is in order.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 09:11:42 pm »

Ive played through the lvl8, end tier war. Grinding for abilities is no longer fun. The mod is like 98% balanced, theres little cheeze armies to try and beat, and I can no longer find players of the same caliber to play with/ or against on a regular basis, and the mod is starting to lose some of it's replayability.... for me anyways.

I know that were still in the beta phase, and that EIRRMOD is working on it, but things are starting to get stale. It doesnt feel as if there's a goal to the mod that we can complete, other than "Win the War", which seems rather vauge and unattainable at the moment.

idk, what does everyone else think of this?

Aren't you already level 8?  So you don't need to go from the ground up.

You're playing a video game, how could you get bored?  Just play more to keep getting more vet and winning more games.  If you get a really good idea, you could start a new company to try it out.

Idk, maybe you're different from me, but I think winning is fun, and that is probably what keeps me interested in video games.  I can't believe I've played CoH and CoD4 for so long (I think 2 years on CoD4 and almost 3 on CoH), and I think most people would have gotten bored of the game after the first year, but for me, knowing that I'm constantly getting better (hopefully) and winning games makes the game fun.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 09:13:52 pm »

Just take a break until the doctrine rework is done tbh, Soon ™.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 09:29:15 pm »

@ fallensoldier: Its not so much as I am burnt out, its just id rather lose a fair game then win a stomp. Been playing since vCoH 1.5, dont think ill ever get burnt out.

In the grand scheme of the mod, there's nothing to work for aside from advancing your company. (which is fun, at the early war.)

And if enough good people decide to play the same side for enough time, they will win the war. Nuthing I can really do strategically, except... play the winning side.

Also, I dont find vet whoring to be fun. Its there to kill or be killed.

I do however, love the concept of one time only reward units. Like first person to reach level 8 in a war gets a JadgTiger. It would give me something to shoot for apart from the doctrines which everyone will get sooner or later.

I want competition! But fair, competition. If I could have it my way, 1vs1s would count for real games, cause im at my best there, and its fair. Got no one to blame but myself if I lose, unlike 2vs2 and 3vs3, where playing a pickup games like I do, are sometimes akin to playing 2vs2, non team automatch in vCoH.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:30:51 pm by Groundfire » Logged
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 09:32:06 pm »

Sounds like you want an EiR 2v2 tournament  Grin
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 10:39:13 pm »

i enjoy trying to create new companies and seeing if they work. For games like cod4 its all about ownaging other people Smiley
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 11:32:06 pm »

You do realise that the warmap was an interim warmap right?

Like, something to track a war - nothing special.
Of course its boring LOL

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 11:37:18 pm »

Of course its boring LOL
gg

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 11:55:12 pm »

Of course its boring LOL

Of course its boring LOL
gg

+1

i dont get your understanding, your expecting someone to lose the war at this point? but the playerbase and imcluding the time difference is big, i get stomps when i get home and i rarely get a match with tym or pak but i so desperately want a good match, i feel your pain there but i dont understand how you can blame the warmap. its just how the current playerbase is atm, it wont stay like that forever and sooner or later one side will win.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
n8d0g Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 01:04:00 am »

Perosnally I think the warmap system is rubbish. It encourages repetitive map play which gets very boring.

Tho otherwise i think the game is 95% fine. Certain balance issues (crazy officers on both sides and Allied Light Armour Spamability and Axis tank spamability).

If you're complaining about winning too much my advice is to stop stacking!

ADDITIONALLY: GET BACK TO SCHOOL WORK LOUY! Bloody troll.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 01:06:11 am »

Perosnally I think the warmap system is rubbish. It encourages repetitive map play which gets very boring.

Tho otherwise i think the game is 95% fine. Certain balance issues (crazy officers on both sides and Allied Light Armour Spamability and Axis tank spamability).

If you're complaining about winning too much my advice is to stop stacking!

ADDITIONALLY: GET BACK TO SCHOOL WORK LOUY! Bloody troll.
Shh, get back to work nate. Leave the balance to the big boys Tongue

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 03:19:20 am »

edit: saying that there is no competition in eirr was a bit crude and not entirely true
edit2: edited rant

I understand groundfire and his frustration. But, its all in the works. EIRRMOD is cooking in the kitchen and sometimes it even smells good.

What I miss the most personally is the:

"Smokaz's 234th Infantry Company has advanced and laid waste to three different axis companies at once with one fell swoop of it's gigantic e-penis: Draken's 122th blitz retreated first of the three following the loss of their commander's lucky coin as his sniper died to a minesweeper engineer. The other axis commanders were crushed under the treads of a out of control command tank. "
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 03:44:22 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 03:39:02 am »

I would love to have that last part back, it was one of my favorite parts of the mod...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 09:29:34 am »

If we all take the attitude of "Everything Is going to be fixed soon," then there would be absolutely nothing to talk about, and I feel like discussing whats going on right now, for the sake of discussion.

Its not all about the warmap, and im not saying that there is "no competition", because yes, there is, but its not a competitive enviornment, and it feels like "I" cant influence the war at all, or influence the outcome.

This is more of what I want to discuss, and I feel that it is detrimental to the success of a mod, and what we currently lack at the moment.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 09:34:32 am »

Again I agree with you, ground. The problem is how to achieve this? Its goes against the current nature of the mod to have games where the persistent gains are risked (mainly vet) since you get nothing but e-schwong glory from it and we already know it is being planned to further the whole warmap/prebuilt competive aspects of the mod, it just takes time.

Once the news section is in and people start battling for streaks and being the guy in the "EIRR newspaper" molesting all the other players, competitiveness in the community will probablhy increase.

I'm like you, I want games that mean something within the confines of the mod and I agree that they are currently hard to attain. The only quick way to increase competitiveness within the current version of the mod would be to severely reduce the amount of games needed for one side to start pushing the other side.

Maybe because that this patch version is about balancing they want players to be able to achieve full companies and duke it out to explore possible issues, though again that was a bit more easy last patch with everyone having free level 8 companies.

Perhaps there are server-side consequences of a side winning the war we dont know about that stops quick continual wars from being possible, or maybe theres some other super secret sauce we dont know about.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:41:36 am by Smokaz » Logged
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 09:40:49 am »

What I miss the most personally is the:

"Smokaz's 234th Infantry Company has advanced and laid waste to three different axis companies at once with one fell swoop of it's gigantic e-penis: Draken's 122th blitz retreated first of the three following the loss of their commander's lucky coin as his sniper died to a minesweeper engineer. The other axis commanders were crushed under the treads of a out of control command tank. "

Yep, best part indeed, logging in and anxiously reading the latest battle updates, and sometimes after finishing a game hoping to see your name there ^.^

The NEWS section in the launcher seems perfect for this, if some automated update can be coded into it.
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 12:29:46 pm »

I don't mind the map specificity; I think it's nice to know what you're getting into without bickering about the map, but it should change much faster.

The biggest annoyance is the way pps are handled which gives new players the strongest incentive to lose as long as possible, because if you hit level too 8 quickly, you can't even afford the doctrine abilities that you were striving for.

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc