Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:04:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sniper Guide  (Read 25483 times)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 07:00:18 am »

Nice, good enough to sticky it.

Mmhh... my favourite way to take them out isn't listed though  Sad. If you know there's a sniper around.... set your HMG on a place he will believe killing it "would be safe" but, use smoke barrage with a mortar on it. Most people won't care about the smoke until they see their sniper missing while the HMG kills/supresses him hehe.
Or..move your lovely mortar with only 2 men left close to their sniper with yours without hold fire, few people are capable enough to realize it's a bait.  Grin

even though hmg doesnt supress through smoke, LOL.

It doesn't supress if the units are covered in smoke.....

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 07:12:00 am »

veryvery nice guide although i dont agree with the free-fire mode to countersnipe because:
if you get unlucky and normal enemy infantry shows up and your sniper shoots automatically you give the enemy sniper a great chance to countersnipe you.
so i always use snipers in hold-fire mode, put it in cover and let him look in the direction of the enemy so he doesnt have to turn around before he can countersnipe. then just rightclick the enemy sniper which unfortunately all your attention but thats the only disadvantage.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 06:15:08 am »

Oh and I just remembered, your sniper can be decloaked by dead enemy soldiers if he walks over them and enemy sandbags/wire will do the same.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 06:28:11 am »

Oh and I just remembered, your sniper can be decloaked by wounded enemy soldiers if he walks over them and enemy sandbags/wire will do the same.

Fixed for you.

Griffith Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 07:59:43 pm »

so i always use snipers in hold-fire mode, put it in cover and let him look in the direction of the enemy so he doesnt have to turn around before he can countersnipe. then just rightclick the enemy sniper which unfortunately all your attention but thats the only disadvantage.

forget if it was here or somewhere else that i read it / saw it. But since the sniper prioritizes enemy snipers you don't have to rightclick him before he recloaks, just have your sniper selected and take off hold fire as soon as the enemy sniper fires and your sniper will shoot him.

Deutschland Uber Alles In Der Welt!
SnoOp Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 08:47:34 pm »

Yeh a snipers priority targer is another snipe if its decloaked.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 01:57:32 am »

really interesting... but what if some random riflesquad shows up before the enemy sniper shoots?

you die
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 02:08:03 am »

really interesting... but what if some random riflesquad shows up before the enemy sniper shoots?

you die

They're talking about only switching off hold-fire as soon as the enemy sniper appears, not keeping hold-fire off.

Griffith Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2010, 05:13:24 am »

still requires you to keep an eye on the sniper but its a helluva lot easier to press to the control group and hit hold fire off then to switch to it, spot the sniper, then click him in the window you have after he shoots.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2010, 09:20:41 am »

The trick of counter sniping is to attack move. Make sure you have your sniper selected and when the enemy sniper fires a shot, press attack move anywhere on the map. The sniper will not run around looking for cover but he will drop down instantly and shoot the highest priority target, which is the enemy sniper.
This is the best way to do it, its simple, fastest and tbh not many people know about it even tho I have been using it myself for really long time. So if you dont know, now you know.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 09:26:13 am »

The sniper will not run around looking for cover
You know it's disabled in EiR right?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 09:42:04 am »

No I didnt know that. Havent really played much with snipers in EIR yet to notice a thing like that, pretty nice change. I assumed it was just the same as in normal CoH.

Nonetheless Attack move is not only good for that reason, I prefer it over other methods because you can have your sniper running around with hold fire on enabled and still counter snipe quickly.
When you are moving around with your sniper selected, just attack move, and the will stop and shoot instantly. If you use the method of deselecting the hold fire button you want to sniper to stand still, preferably looking the right direction. If you are moving with the sniper you first have to make it stop and then deselect the hold fire button which takes more time.

Using attack move has enabled me to counter snipe at the first shot quite a few times, its not too hard if you have the sniper selected and attack move selected hovering over the battlefield with your cursor, 1 click with the left mouse button, nothing else, is fast enough to counter snipe during the first shot of the enemy sniper.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 09:46:29 am »

Pfft, fantastic, now the peasants know our secrets!

We must withhold all the micro techniques from the unwashed masses lest' they threaten the land and gentry!  Roll Eyes

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 09:48:42 am »

Update:

Snipers must now hide from Armor light vehicles to a much larger degree. Infantry awarenes, spotting etc. They cream any cloaked infantry now and are very good at hunting down snipers.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:54:59 am by Smokaz » Logged
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 10:10:38 am »

in another thread quite a few ppl said u should get storms vs light vehicles. Oh snap!
30m awareness on t17s and M8s and HTs
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 10:19:19 am by aloha622 » Logged
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 10:50:33 am »

Well, its one doctrine that does it. Storms/snipers still remain good counters outside of this, Im just adding it in.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 10:57:41 am »

its the doctrine that mostly relies on vehicles. just saying.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 01:05:26 pm »

Infantry awareness pretty much instantly negated the last infantry-based counter WM had to Light Vehicle Spam... P4s or bust, my dears!

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 03:32:00 pm »

Yes, but if you have AT backing up your sniper, like you always should, this isn't that much of a problem. It's more useful to guard against stormies rather than hunt snipers. I'd still rather use my jeeps.

Also, the vamp for PE is waaaaay more useful in that regard, much much bigger zone and you can see infantry in the fow, you cant' do that with scouting for armor

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 03:35:11 pm »

Yes, but if you have AT backing up your sniper, like you always should, this isn't that much of a problem. It's more useful to guard against stormies rather than hunt snipers. I'd still rather use my jeeps.

Also, the vamp for PE is waaaaay more useful in that regard, much much bigger zone and you can see infantry in the fow, you cant' do that with scouting for armor

But vamp can't shoot nor defend itself any possible way. And most of the units it spots- are in the FoW but using tac map you can see the unit spesifications. If it showed ATGs and vehicles it'd be kewl

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc