Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 05:26:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smurfing  (Read 7050 times)
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: October 05, 2009, 07:17:21 pm »

IF i ask someone what their Non Smurf name is, I want to know it, Not telling could be considered greifing.

I don;t care who it is most time, But i don;t want tpo put up with that crap. 

IF someone asks, you have to tell, Don;t be a dick, type in team chat really simple. 

IF your going to smurf have the balls to own up to it

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 07:23:46 pm »

forget it, waste of time
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:31:10 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
tankspirit668 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 07:30:56 pm »

IF i ask someone what their Non Smurf name is, I want to know it, Not telling could be considered greifing.

IF someone asks, you have to tell, Don;t be a dick, type in team chat really simple. 

It`s not considered griefing it`s considered smurfing.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 08:15:05 pm »

its not griefing just because they aren't using their main account...come on man, really?

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 08:18:55 pm »

"Smufing is an act in which a player intentionally sets out to deceive other players within the community of his identity to place the people he's facing at an unfair advantage. Usually to grief another player (forums or in-game), or to force a player to play you when he wishes not to."

puddin has a point. people smurf to get games but if you ask a smurf who they are they should tell you.......read the first sentence.

TodlichPanther Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 08:19:52 pm »

The right to work under an anonymous pseudonym is a given on the internet and should not be removed for any reason imo. That given, working under a pseudonym to destroy someones company for vindictive reasons should be discouraged. Though this can be difficult to prove, it is not impossible.  

Also, I lost a game due to not enough anti-infantry units, so airborne get double damage at each vet level.

More changes to come.
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 08:22:46 pm »

"Smufing is an act in which a player intentionally sets out to deceive other players within the community of his identity to place the people he's facing at an unfair advantage. Usually to grief another player (forums or in-game), or to force a player to play you when he wishes not to."

puddin has a point. people smurf to get games but if you ask a smurf who they are they should tell you.......read the first sentence.
Do they still enforce this? Like look at how much people smurf.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 08:34:54 pm »

Doubt it's enforced, but it is in the rules thread.
Lemures Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 08:39:42 pm »

Burn all Smurfers!
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 08:41:32 pm »

But who's smurfing? Huh
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 08:56:26 pm »

From what he's describing one cannot deduce that harm was actually done or grief attempted all. What probably happened was that someone refused to list his accounts to puddin, which is not a breach of rules or conduct.

The rules say that smurfing to GRIEF or smurfing to trick a player into playing is punishable. They do not say that you have to cough up the name of your other accounts to play a game of EIRR.

Just add the content of the original post in this thread to your list of Puddin's EIRR rules and personal dogmas you have been informed about through the forums, to the informative happiness of us all.

There's no rule that says that you have to cough up your names, nor can Puddin do anything else than leave a game or refuse to participate himself.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 09:06:51 pm »

Its simple, I bring my highly vetted company, i want to know who i am playign with.

Its a simple requerst really, When i ask, Your a smurf obviously... Tell me who you are.  If you don;t respond, you could be a number of people willign to be jackasses in a game...  Maybe not be so obvious about it, But runnign a tank throguh infantry and such can mean the difference between getting away and getting supressed. 

ITs simple, I just want to know my teamate, thats all... Not a difficult request...

And if you are smurfing, And refuse to give up your name, Your an ass plain and simple.  Your obviously smurfing for a reason...  When i was under JEsuus my savior, when someone asked, I told them, Simple. 
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 09:42:13 pm »

Whats are the grounds for smurfing to get away from people that specifically tailor their company to fight yours 5 minutes before the game starts?

*looks at computer, and crimsonrabbit*

To some, this is changing army composition on a whim, to me I say it's griefing.

Yeah, it's stupid, but i put up with it.

Puddin, I think you take the concept of "griefing" way to literally. Were all not out to get you man.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 09:45:23 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 09:50:46 pm »

Whats are the grounds for smurfing to get away from people that specifically tailor their company to fight yours 5 minutes before the game starts?

*looks at computer, and crimsonrabbit*

To some, this is changing army composition on a whim, to me I say it's griefing.

Yeah, it's stupid, but i put up with it.

Puddin, I think you take the concept of "griefing" way to literally. Were all not out to get you man.  Roll Eyes

i agree ground that is annoying. i remember playing a game and the axis had a million marders/ 50mm HTs because they knew we were armor. sucks because something like an armor company is easy to counter with, gasp, lots of AT. most other companies can't be countered so easily.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 09:53:14 pm »

Or perhaps you dont mind the physical person controlling the units of your teammate, you just dont want to hear his sniveling princess shrieks on vent..? Roll Eyes
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 10:07:39 pm »

Yeah Riki, thats horrible. I hate those PE players and their million marder armies.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 10:58:00 pm »

I don't really see why it would be against the rules, but it's definitely very different in refusing to tell your teammates who you are as opposed to telling you opponents. Still, when all else fails, screw em and leave. Sometimes people are dicks and just want to mess with you. Unless they are on your team, there's nothing absolutely horrendous they can do.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 11:07:51 pm »

Someone once accused me of smurfing and asked which my main account was.
And he obviously didn't believe me that I'm playing my main...

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
BradAnderson Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 09:18:47 am »

If i remember rightly you had an account for a good week named JesusMySaviour even had an account on vent, when asked you said i'm not a smurf, you also had a comment next to your vent name saying "not a smurf". Ironic much?
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 09:47:58 am »

Smurfing to grief someone is against the rules.  IE if someone is smurfing specifically to play against or with you beacuse you refuse to play with or against their main account.  Of course there is no way to tell until you actually play in which case save the replay/screenshot and post in the disputes forum.  Having said that, this rule does not seem to be enforced at all.  We should actually remove it from the rules.

Smurfing in general is not against the rules and no one has to tell you who their main account is.

You have the option to leave the game if you want.  They do not have to tell you jack shit.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:52:45 am by anthony210 » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc