Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:39:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] My Experience with Priest Increased Rounds T4  (Read 4775 times)
Derrican Offline
EIR Regular

« on: October 12, 2009, 10:56:52 am »

Barrage 1: Miss
Barrage 2: Miss
Barrage 3: Miss
Barrage 4: Kill 1 panzergrenadier, TK 5 riflemen
Barrage 5: Miss
Barrage 6: 3 MG42 gunmen
Barrage 7: 1 MG42 gunner
Barrage 8: 1 stormtrooper
Barrage 9: Miss

Sad

Average kills per game with creeping barrage only: 20-30.
Average kills so far with T4 at mid of max range firing with spotter, 10 (half TKs) xD
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 10:58:45 am »

is it the spread of teh shots that is the problem?

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 11:03:40 am »

Not really...
It's that it's a freaking T4 that's a problem. Same way increased rounds for the hummel is a problem. It adds no real boost to the barrage type of the howitzer (howitzer hits once, twice, and the rest of the shells are a waste due to the enemy moving), and much cheaper and easier to attain alternatives are readily available. Burninator barrage for the hummel(which is on it's own worth a T4 much more than the Increased rounds), and creeping barrage for the Priest (also much more worth a T4 than priest increased rounds)

von_Luchs Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 11:46:50 am »

I was in  game with Derrican where arty did a lot more damage than that.

And, ive been in games with Tym where he consistently trashes inf and tanks with arty. 

In any case, arty seems to do sufficient damage atm, its more of a question of use.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 11:51:42 am »

I have to agree. Increased rounds isn't worth a T4. Only thing that makes it worth it to tbh is the extra ability you get along with it that just decimates infantry but yea...might as well just use creeping barrage and not even bother getting anything for the priest and just go with other stuff.

Getting more shots on your howitzer type weapon is really only good if you have a lower reload rate like the howie gets as a t3 because then you are lobbying more shells at the enemy in the same amount of time as before.

Personally, just throw up all the arty upgrades as a T4, Supercharge, Increased and the Airburst and that's worth a T4. supercharge is worth the t3 sorta since it affects the 25 lbr but...who  uses it other than on creeping barraging anyway?

and to von_luchs yea I did it with creeping barrage, not with the normal barrage. Even though they're both kinda on luck, the only reason to use a  normal barrage or even increased round is really if you want to destroy a city cuz CB isn't that good at it and the new airburst is only good if things are packed together.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 12:49:52 pm »

In my british company I don't use anything BUT creeping barrage. hence why i got to my T4, and well, I didn't get any off maps, so to me, both T4s are a waste. the extra damage sounds nice, but in reality, i am pretty positive I'd hit much less with increased rounds barrage than i would with creeping barrage, I always get at least 2 kills with a creeping.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Derrican Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2009, 08:18:40 am »

is it the spread of teh shots that is the problem?

Well only used it in 1 game. But yes the spread is atrocious. Rounds land everywhere except the targeted point.

The faster reload is an interesting idea to make rounds land faster, but it's only 25% faster and they land all over the place.

Extra 50% 25% damage sounds good but it's usually pointless unless it gets lucky and lands on a light vehicle. Extra 50% splash damage would be better.

What happened to counter battery and overwatch btw? I'd think those would be good T4s to have?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 08:22:41 am by Derrican » Logged
Derrican Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2009, 08:33:08 am »

I was in  game with Derrican where arty did a lot more damage than that.

I only used the T4 in 1 game so far with nightrain and wnb. Previously that was creeping barrage.

Update: 2nd game:

Had priest out entire game in a 3v3, 11 kills, 1 light vehicle kill. =x. Decent but not uber for a T4 ability on a Vet 3 unit that's on the whole game.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 10:34:50 am by Derrican » Logged
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2009, 10:47:12 am »

11 inf kills and 1 light vehicle?

That's pathentic, Priest should work like sniper. average of 20 inf kills is kinda must to be hardly worth it.

I'm trying this increased Rounds as soon as possible. I'd love to try out Aka's surprise.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 06:16:34 pm »

Isn't the Increased Rounds cooldown shorter than the Creeping Barrage cooldown?  So in a game you could get 10 Creepings in, you could probably get 15+ Increased Rounds in, couldn't you?

spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 06:48:43 pm »

it would probably be better if they changed this barrage to a doctrine ability which almost halved the recharge time of a normal priest barrage.  I always think after 6 shots of arty, the enemy should be well out of the arty zone and therefore the increased rounds will do nothing (unless a tank is repairing or immobile).

How about it's changed to this:

Reload 0.6
Recharge time brought down to 60% of normal recharge time (normal barrage only).

This way the barrage reloads faster, being slightly more effective, and a priest will be able to call in artillery more often, making it more of a threat.
Derrican Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 05:12:08 am »

I hereby personally boycott using this ability on my priest crews. All priest crews now ordered to use Creeping Barrage only. Artillery Barrage Pattern "Increased Rounds T4.0" firing sequence to be scrapped, burnt, buried and deleted from Derrican artillery battalion SOP.

(Played a game where 2 increased round barrages totally missed 30+ infantry blob despite spotting + aiming barrage at where infantry were walking to - was spot on in targeting, but rounds flew everywhere).
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 05:14:28 am »

Creeping barrage is more accurate as its got almost 100% chance of hitting the spot you want, and also has a larger range, why would you use anything else Shocked

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 05:31:14 am »

Creeping barrage is more accurate as its got almost 100% chance of hitting the spot you want, and also has a larger range, why would you use anything else Shocked

I must agree on this...its awful that the Increased Rounds isn't all that worthy for a Tier 4. If it has airblast shells, then we're talking!
Derrican Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 07:11:59 am »

Played my first game since using nothing but creeping barrage. 24 infantry kills! And my Priest is now #1 on priest leaderboard and British leaderboard =D (by 1 point)

Take that useless T4 increased rounds! Bleh!
WinIsOp Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 10:34:50 pm »

If its going to be changed it should give 50% more shells and reduce the time in between firing the shells by 50% too. That way the shells all land in quick succession, making it harder to dodge.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 11:12:43 pm »

I must agree on this...its awful that the Increased Rounds isn't all that worthy for a Tier 4. If it has airblast shells, then we're talking!

It only comes with airblast shells if you get supercharged rounds as well.

The problem is that the airblast doesn't work with supercharge so you go back to the old range and you have to bring it in more to fire it, making it totally unworth it but it is nasty Cheesy
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 11:16:38 pm »

agreed the shells for a T4 need to come down hella faster, be a beast with vet 3 priests

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc