Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:33:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes the Tiger tank so Fail?  (Read 7556 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: October 19, 2009, 03:16:36 am »

I've tried out Tiger myself and have found it kinda decent in what it is doing, slaughtering infantry and die to tanks...

What makes Tiger such a fail now? It used to be a total Beast in VEiR but what makes it so Fail in Europe in Ruins Reinforcements?

I myself would love to get an answer for it..

Peoples Conclussions:
- Armor is worse than a panther
- Speed is horrible
- Acceleration is horrible
- Accuracy is horrible
- Accuracy on the move against infantry is non-existing
- Too Cheap AT
- No More Repair bunkers to keep it on field longer

Peoples Solutions:
-  l2p
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 06:56:50 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 03:22:39 am »

To much cheap AT
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 03:26:59 am »

i don't think it is fail...once i get improved barrels and heat rounds it kills all.
mmm but at do make a mess of it...but paks fail at making a mess of a sherman or peshing who usually just go around the pak cause they know there is only 1... where as axis are scared that there is like 3 at guns which is usually true. so we can't rush them easily.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 03:42:43 am »

I don't know, my Tigers usually do pretty well...usually 20-30 kills and a couple tanks at least each game...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 03:46:31 am »

i don't think it is fail...once i get improved barrels and heat rounds it kills all.
mmm but at do make a mess of it...but paks fail at making a mess of a sherman or peshing who usually just go around the pak cause they know there is only 1... where as axis are scared that there is like 3 at guns which is usually true. so we can't rush them easily.

- Speed is horrible
- Accuracy is horrible

Basically all the tiger has is the splash on its gun. With barrels and heat rounds, pretty much any axis tank will do great. I dont think they are more effective than p4's at killing infantry either, they just deal more damage per hit.

Lets take AB for example. At long range the tiger has a 1/4 chance of hitting these guys if the tiger is moving. If it stops to shoot, the acceleration of the tank guarantees the rrs get a shot off, and the chance is still just 50% for the tiger to hit them. In comparison, the ab will always hit the tiger and penetrate 3/4 shots. The tiger can take around 17 RR hits, two ab squads working together   has a good chance of taking it out on its own if it tries to fight them.

Its my opinion that if you are good with tanks you get more out of two p4's than you get out of a single tiger, but admittely players charging a lot of infantry against it can allow it to pay for itself.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 04:05:42 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 04:43:54 am »

- Speed is horrible
- Accuracy is horrible

Basically all the tiger has is the splash on its gun. With barrels and heat rounds, pretty much any axis tank will do great. I dont think they are more effective than p4's at killing infantry either, they just deal more damage per hit.

Lets take AB for example. At long range the tiger has a 1/4 chance of hitting these guys if the tiger is moving. If it stops to shoot, the acceleration of the tank guarantees the rrs get a shot off, and the chance is still just 50% for the tiger to hit them. In comparison, the ab will always hit the tiger and penetrate 3/4 shots. The tiger can take around 17 RR hits, two ab squads working together   has a good chance of taking it out on its own if it tries to fight them.

Its my opinion that if you are good with tanks you get more out of two p4's than you get out of a single tiger, but admittely players charging a lot of infantry against it can allow it to pay for itself.

usually a tiger will kill at least 2 squads of inf and maybe 1 vehicle in a bad game...in a good game it will do much better...ad compared to a p4... airborne don't like getting to close 2 it for some reason...1 hit can cut RR's in half.

compared to a panther though which in some ways pays for itself and maybe the cost of another panther in 1 game(on occasions) and u can leave it alon with no support and it will do fine...
u need to babysit a tiger to make sure it doesn't get swamped. by rifle men or brens and at  guns.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 04:58:39 am »

You forget one thing smokaz.

The tiger doesn't actually need to roll a hit to kill the airborne, it just needs for the missed shot to land somewhere nearby.

The actual reason why the tiger was OP in vEiR and isn't now is very simple. No more bunker town. No more coming back to that repair bunker blob to heal you up in 2 minutes to come back, again and again, to the front lines, raping and going back. Same reason why pershings are far less useful now - no more "oldskool" obm.

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 05:50:02 am »

Tiger is amazing, anyone that think it sucks needs to l2p

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 06:09:08 am »

l2p
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 06:44:44 am »

You forget one thing smokaz.

The tiger doesn't actually need to roll a hit to kill the airborne, it just needs for the missed shot to land somewhere nearby.

The actual reason why the tiger was OP in vEiR and isn't now is very simple. No more bunker town. No more coming back to that repair bunker blob to heal you up in 2 minutes to come back, again and again, to the front lines, raping and going back. Same reason why pershings are far less useful now - no more "oldskool" obm.

Dual tiger repair bunker volk assault spam company ftw tbh.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 07:02:30 am »

So Far the only improvements I've found out are these:

- Stomp New players with good team mates on your side.
- Don't play vs AB
- Stomp Low leveled Players with good team mates on your side.
- Don't buy a Tiger buy something else
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 10:06:27 am »

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 10:22:55 am »

Roll Eyes

Bring it, turdbags.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 10:38:24 am »

There's nothing that 2 p4s with heat and improved barrels (+ another T3 since you need one to unlock the tiger) can't do better than 1 tiger.

Blitz + Heat p4s = dead tanks, blitz + Heat tiger = good luck trying to hit anything.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 10:40:43 am »

Also, the p4 is without doubt superior to the tiger in terms of taking damage because of its superior  veterancy and the way side skirts work.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 10:44:18 am by Smokaz » Logged
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 10:44:28 am »

There's nothing that 2 p4s with heat and improved barrels (+ another T3 since you need one to unlock the tiger) can't do better than 1 tiger.

Die to a single button with AT support.

HAH!
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 10:47:35 am »

Well guys, if you know what kills the Tiger, try to at least tell a little bit more about it. I mean, it is understandable that P4 is a good all-arounder. But this discussion is about the Tiger tank, Not P4, nor King Tiger. So please, stay in the line of Tiger
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 10:58:23 am »

Interpreting the tiger next to other units isn't really offtopic, it gives a basis for comparison and measurement.

Another point about the tiger would be that it has 5 shorter base range than both the KT and the Jagd.

What makes Tiger such a fail now? It used to be a total Beast in VEiR but what makes it so Fail in Europe in Ruins Reinforcements?

There isn't any doctrinal buffs to it or abilities that it benefits especially much from as a unique unit, so its harder to gear your company for using a tiger. As people has pointed out the Tiger doesnt change much from being a LR HR tiger, since its primary target is infantry.

American armor in VEiR especially the tank destroyers arent even close to as good as they are in eirr now.

All three american doctrines have the option to have their AT options heavily strengthened.

Honestly I cant remember the Tigers being so rape in VEiR, so its a tricky question. I'm sure some of the old-timers can fill you in even more.
BigDick
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 11:15:47 am »

tiger has to many treats now

- vehicle disabling (longrange stickies, button)
- buffed tankdestroyers (armor m18+ap rounds and T3 health buff)
- superior longrange tankhunters (firefly)
- longrange tankdestroyers (m10, m18 + 5 range)
- airbornes as usual
- ap round at guns
- no pio and bunker repair

tiger is weaker than the pershing in current eir environment for a higher cost

maybe dual tigers with german enginiering and improved barrels could be some kind of usable
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 11:43:07 am »

I find that using attack move for tigers are a must. Just treat it like a big P4.

If it's the only think i have to micro, ill experiment with attack ground as well cause that splash dmg is just awesome.

If there is a vet rework, the moving acc. modifier should be reduced to P4 lvls at like vet3 or so, because to my knowledge it is the only tank that is fucked over while moving and firing.

Since you need next to pro micro to use a tiger without it taking punishment it should be at least able to kill stuff reliably without HEAT and LRB. (Through vet)

When tanks like fireflys have like next to no aim time, can run up, pop a shot then get away before the tiger can return fire, it's usefullness can be depeleted very quickly, and the player controling the tiger has no say in the matter.

With the importance of kiting in this metagame, having a tank sit still to reliably hit it's target is complete idiocy.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc