Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:50:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes the Tiger tank so Fail?  (Read 7549 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 12:06:09 pm »

You forget one thing smokaz.

The tiger doesn't actually need to roll a hit to kill the airborne, it just needs for the missed shot to land somewhere nearby.

The actual reason why the tiger was OP in vEiR and isn't now is very simple. No more bunker town. No more coming back to that repair bunker blob to heal you up in 2 minutes to come back, again and again, to the front lines, raping and going back. Same reason why pershings are far less useful now - no more "oldskool" obm.

Am I the only one along with Mal to see this and totally agree with it?

The Tiger isn't as great now because you can't keep bringing it back like before, which is why it's so useful in vcoh. If you could only repair a tiger, king tiger or pershing once in vcoh, no one would get them because of expense. The point of fact is, once you bring out a Heavy on the field it becomes the sole target of the opposition. The main problem is that most people try to bring out a tiger and leave it out by itself or with small support. The best way to use a tiger, pershing, king tiger, jagd, is to bring out that unit and have your teammate/s have another tank.

I find that having a Tiger + P4 is the way to go, along with a mortar to take care of at guns, nebels and stuka's are also great to have support the tiger. Or heck, a tiger, a p4 and some schreck/lmg grens also is epic. Same with KT

for the pershing, having a sherman, a callie, or some other type of artillery an m3 or m8, t17 along with that Pershing is a very great combo, but just using that pershing out there alone with minimal support will gurantee its demise.

Jagds need anti infantry help along with it, a p4 IST + Jagd is a great combo, or a hotchkiss/hotchkiss stuka IHT's with assault grens and other anti infantry will make a moving jagd a murder.

The fact is a lot of players solo their heavy tanks, or bring it out way at the end when the other side can field enough pop to combat the tank.

Like in me pe company, sometimes i like to field a panther at the beginning because most players dont have enough pop to take it on and it rapes starting light vehicle spam or any tank that comes out and they can't field enough at to hurt it most of the time.

So in conclusion, to get the most out of a Tiger you have to have the right support and/or bring it out at the optimal time. Its just like with heavy artillery, you bring it on too early you run the risk of it getting ran off the field and/or killed because you dont have enough support to hold off anything going after it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 12:09:20 pm »

improve it's vet, and maybe give it side skirts as well. or change it's armor class. very rarely do i see tigers, and when i do, i don't fear them much. there aren't too many good players that use tigers and use them well.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 12:20:10 pm »

There's nothing that 2 p4s with heat and improved barrels (+ another T3 since you need one to unlock the tiger) can't do better than 1 tiger.

Die to a single button with AT support.

HAH!

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=12616.0

double p4s rape 5 atgs + not to mention shitton of brens and 3 fireflies, not against noobs.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 12:21:36 pm »

There's nothing that 2 p4s with heat and improved barrels (+ another T3 since you need one to unlock the tiger) can't do better than 1 tiger.

HAH!

double p4s rape 5 atgs + not to mention shitton of brens and 3 fireflies, not against noobs.

Thats probably just horrible micro. I wouldn't lose even with 1 atg a bren and 1 firefly against 2 p4's even with all the upgrades for blitz, now maybe vet 2 or vet 3 p4's with everything yea but otherwise, no.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 12:23:28 pm »

well then smokaz and elite gren sucks 2 unveted p4s just made total havoc on their lines, tough lost to outcap, since those p4s survived for whole game.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 12:28:08 pm »

yes tym, it was awful micro. 

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 12:51:09 pm »

I think you forgot to mention that the at guns arrived piecemeal and that they were precision striked.. lets see how tym and a henchman of his choice does against draken and pak and we can talk. Still cherishing your 1 win, btw draken? I got a sig saying you should be dropping to the ground atm. Incoming Mysthalin-eyes

^^

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 01:14:16 pm »

if you mean that M/E on rtc (which we won anyway) when it was on allies atacking, it was obvious thats why you changed to it, my win ratio against you is no less then 10-1 tbh.

Not to mention that you won 90% of games against me by outcap that's second thing.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 01:38:07 pm by Draken » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2009, 02:11:47 pm »

Swinging our epeens round and round.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2009, 02:22:57 pm »

HAH!

So you prove my point. Double P4s cannot die to a single button with AT support nearly as well as a tiger.

Because that was the joke.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 02:37:35 pm »

Swinging our epeens round and round.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc