Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 09:38:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When is spam a themed company?  (Read 8093 times)
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: October 23, 2009, 06:58:13 am »

When is a themed company just spam? 

Is an army consisting of nothing but assault grens in Infantry Halftracks spam, or a themed mechanized infantry army?
Is a full Airborne/Fallscirmjager army spam or an airborne assault?

Should we cast off the oppressive yolk of the availability system?

Does this thread need to consist entirely of questions???

I'm not pro-spam btw, I'm pro-choice.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 07:01:04 am »

i think people just call it spam cause they think it is wrong or don't like it or think it should be banned.

i think having lots of grens supported by heavy armour and support weps to be just fine but people think it is spam so eh!!!
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 07:10:35 am »

When all of the core units you usually run in the company, the doctrine and your playstyle meld together to create a new whole! Damn that sounded good.

I think my lightning war is a themed company. The units are all selected for being fast and mobile, there's no support weapons or slow moving units. All my doctrine choices affect efficiency related to assaulting, moving around and claiming territory. It ends up being more about the theme of the company instead of picking the best units (not saying they are bad) or getting the most out of a doctrine ability.

A spam company is more like "this unit is good I will get 20 of it".

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 07:21:47 am »

What is an example of a Spammed topic?

THIS ONE

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 07:33:07 am »

We want to play to the spirit of our doctrine choices!  My high speed Panzer Elite army contains no footslogging infantry aside from Falls who are paradropped in to hold ground to represent a mechanized army (and because I decided luft inf suck), but the pp cost gets annoying.  Although it's nowhere near as bad as what happened when I tried to rebuild my old Airborne army from the Angry Stomp days, it was like 20 pps per match...

Despite there being no strict limit on any individual unit availability system, the pool costs prevent you from taking significant amounts of various types of infantry.  Even Engineers (2 pool cost) are a luxury I can't afford if I want to have lots of rifles in addition to my modest number of Airborne (5 squads).  I'm actually forced to have a less diverse company and replace all my 4 Engineers with rifles in order to keep pp costs under control.

You can take away my OP company but don't take away my freedom.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:34:52 am by Mukip » Logged
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 07:42:10 am »

I find the PP drain is actually quite manageable on my 36 over inf AB company. All you have to do is not buy any offmaps and you'll be swimming in PPs. Also doesn't hurt that AB are tough as nails.

Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 07:43:36 am »

How many pps do you spend per match on your company?
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2009, 07:45:05 am »

Depends on how many AB I lose the previous match. Anywhere from 0 to around 16
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 07:50:05 am »

That's ridiculous.  And anyway it only costs 10 pp's to buy 20 Sps and they last for around 3-5 games.  I don't have a fully levelled account either so I need to conserve SPs for tough matches and spend my pp's on doctrines.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 08:36:21 am »

last go round with pp cost i couldnt field a spam p4 company because i was capped at 4 P4s after that it was 3pps then 8pp for the next ones. So if it applied to my stugs spam now. i would be spending close to here goes...35pps per game on company and my pps would pretty much last at best 3-4 games before i ran out. simply put last system you couldnt spam unless you had pps to throw away and even if you did you ran out pretty fast unless you babied those units....lets not forget extra pp cost for vet.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 09:11:52 am »

Yea but at least you have that choice. With the old availability system it was very difficult to do this, you'd be in the 8, 12 or so per unit you went over. The new system gives you a lot more freedom than before. In my pe company I have 9 infantry call ins where as before i could only do 7? I know it doesn't seem like much but those extra 2 call in have won me games where i've been able to out attrition even a riflespam company lol, but just like my rca company i'm pretty much themed to hold territory knock you out of it, take it, then hold it. I couldn't do that before the availbility system because I just didn't have enough infantry to do so.

the availability system i sthe best thing thats happened to eirr

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 12:42:50 pm »

i agree with the AB/rifle/eng thing. i feel that AB just simply shouldn't be 4 pool cost. but my company is working. i also with that shermans weren't so much, id like to have 4 shermans to help my AB, but only get 1.

anyways it goes from theme to spam when someone gets beat by it. if you win against it, its theme, if you die against it, it becomes spam =P

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2009, 06:05:22 am »

Spam is lame as fuck. I only did it with the rifles to prove a point to get the old availability system back (which didnt have spam like right now)

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2009, 07:14:09 am »

Spam is lame as fuck. I only did it with the rifles to prove a point to get the old availability system back (which didnt have spam like right now)

How many rifles do you have. I had 22 rifles under the old availability system with a test carbines company.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2009, 07:53:41 am »

i told you i was gonna do it then you down right stole it from me. and you can get 38 rifles without paying PP.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2009, 08:04:23 am »

i told you i was gonna do it then you down right stole it from me. and you can get 38 rifles without paying PP.

Meh you played one game with it and never did it again tbh.

And i have 0 rifles now i deleted that company.
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2009, 08:35:07 am »

I beat Two's company though?

Did people lose because they weren't expecting it?  Because if that's the case then they didn't lose to spam, but they lost because they didn't expect it.  My starting call-in got rocked in the one game I played (and beat) Two because I wasn't expecting the rifles.  I scouted it with my bike, but I only had 1 MG so I was easily overrun.  However after that I was able to rebound and beat him.  The riflespam wasn't that powerful anyway.. all I had to do was field more than 1 MG along with a puma/PIV and I was set.  2 paks on the field also easily killed his armor rush.

My point is: there's a difference between losing to something you don't expect to play against and losing to a spam company that you knew about before the game.  I think the first one is not a balance issue since there's nothing wrong with changing things up (even if you do spam), but if someone is expecting the spam and they lose to it then that might be a little imbalanced, unless the person expecting the spam stubbornly kept his old build and didn't at least try to adjust a little bit to combat the spam.

two2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2009, 09:15:08 am »

Played plently of people who expected it, and even built their companies to fight it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2009, 09:25:26 am »

I lost to two's company cuz my company sucked absolute cock at the time.

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2009, 01:13:42 pm »

Why anyone would have to change their companies to fight rifle spam is beyond me...their companies should already have enough anti-infantry to deal w/ elite infantry or brit blobs, riflespam is by far the tamest variation of allied infantry...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc