Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 07:50:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Win Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2!  (Read 30783 times)
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2009, 12:42:54 am »

It's just a game and they give you the option of skipping it. I see no problem with it, if you dont like it, dont do the level.

You're missing the point. Games get enough shit for their violence without this kind of irresponsible middle-fingery from developers. Whether you can skip the mission or not is irrelevant. Joe Lieberman, the worlds most colossal jackass, will lock on to this and use it as a pretense to reinstate the war on video games. He's gonna jizz himself over this. This is especially bad given the recent events at Ft Hood.
Besides, you don't need a playable mission to show that the bad guys are evil. There are far better ways to do that. Oh snap... I have an idea! Make the player a security guard who goes to help the civilians and fights a futile battle he can't win. A one minute level where you end up gunned down while the people you were trying to save lie bloody around you. Much like the marine in the first game who gets nuked. Who here didn't get a lump in his throat when your guy crawls out of his blackhawk into a nuclear wasteland? Much more effective than this virtual sadism.  
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 12:48:37 am by Malgoroth » Logged
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2009, 01:19:14 am »

It's no more violent any of the dozens of movies that have bank robbers gunning down security and civilian alike in slow motion, just more interactive. It's like the scene where the nazis shoot the prisoners to show they're TEH EVIL in WW2 games.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2009, 03:08:27 am »

It's no more violent any of the dozens of movies that have bank robbers gunning down security and civilian alike in slow motion, just more interactive. It's like the scene where the nazis shoot the prisoners to show they're TEH EVIL in WW2 games.

And Americans shooting surrendered germans to show We're teh saviorz!

I kinda agree, games are violent nowadays, blood everywhere, guts here and there. Sometimes the action is just made to cover up the bad plot and storyline such like Resident Evil 4 it was more action game than the usual Resident Evil's....usually you can avoid the damn zombies and not have to kill every single of them to get to the next stage.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2009, 04:32:52 am »

Except, in movies you aren't controlling the bank robbers making them, in effect, kill the security guards and civilians. Games are inherently different than movies because of the level of interaction. The two don't warrant comparison on those grounds. It's like apples and oranges. Movies also don't have a crusade going on against them by a bunch of self-righteous cock monsters like video games have. And with the Nazis... you normally don't play as the Nazis in FPS shooters. Sure, they're shown killing prisoners, but it's not the player doing to killing. The player usually gets vengeance in the game anyway by killing the Nazis soon afterward.

I'm not saying I personally wouldn't play a game where you kill civilians. In all honesty it sounds like some good sick fun. And if an FPS came out where there was German campaign, I'd be all over it in flat fuckin seconds. Hell, I'd jump at the chance to play a 'Concentration Camp Tycoon' game. All I'm saying is game developers should ere on the side of caution and not put shit like that in a game. It only gives the opposition ammunition. Long term repercussions matter.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2009, 05:00:11 am »

Your actually an undercover agent in that mission in MW2 so it's still killing for the good guys. Sometimes the ends do justify the means. Besides for comparisons sake MW2 will be a stroll through the park compared with Grand Theft Auto which has pretty much immortilized the criminal action genre. MW2 plays as a gritty fight to the death shooter and is definitely the darkest release in the series. Whereas GTA games leave you feeling like an invincible rockstar when you play them.

Maybe I'm old enough and my background/ethical beliefs have biased me(they sure have!)

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
BaleWolf Offline
Donator

« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2009, 06:38:04 am »

Whoever wants to murder civilians with me add me on steam, same name. Tired of noobs running past control points that are getting captured. I want to get a riot shield tag team going some time as well.

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2009, 06:44:26 am »

hmmm, cant decide if i want to buy it for pc or not.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2009, 08:25:43 am »

Your actually an undercover agent in that mission in MW2 so it's still killing for the good guys. Sometimes the ends do justify the means. Besides for comparisons sake MW2 will be a stroll through the park compared with Grand Theft Auto which has pretty much immortilized the criminal action genre. MW2 plays as a gritty fight to the death shooter and is definitely the darkest release in the series. Whereas GTA games leave you feeling like an invincible rockstar when you play them.

Maybe I'm old enough and my background/ethical beliefs have biased me(they sure have!)

The end never justifies the means when you take innocent lives. That is the core problem with US Warfare strategy
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2009, 08:34:51 am »

Well it can depend on the circumstances, and some people would be more inclined to that and some people might not, it's one of those gray areas that the game is really putting you in and that's what makes that scenario kind of black.  And you can get away that whole mission and NOT kill any civvies and just deal with security.

An instance of if the ends justify the means situation could be... if you could stop all terrorism in the world by killing 10 innocent people.. would you?  Or maybe that's more reflected in the quote "For the greater good", but as history also tells some of the worst things that has happened in human history has been done with 'good intentions'.  Ahh, got to love the debates this could generate!

Anyway, loving MW2 for PC, the console matchmaking system sucks big time, but the game itself is not flawed in any way whatsoever.  And I suck at the precision needed to kill people with a controller over mouse/keyboard, so I highly recommend it.

My guy in the game can call 5 supply boxes (totally reminds me of airborne supply drops!), and me and my friend split the powers between us and call in tons of tomahawk missile strikes and gunships/airstrikes, last night I got lucky enough to call in an AC-130 gunship which I gave to him, that thing just owns...  Grin

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2009, 08:41:05 am »

Riot Shield is my favourite; it's just too bad team mates are so gun hoe, that they don't take advantage of you acting as mobile cover.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2009, 08:57:46 am »

Yeah the Supply drops is kinda weird. I could see them tweaking that streak at a later time. Pulling large powers out of your ass seems weird(especially when powers in general are fairly foreign to me) It is funny leaving an a Supply Crate out in the open when you have a Sniper Rifle though. earn yourself  the Spectre off that alone. lol

As for the ends justifying th means, I could list numerous instances where the argument is for or against in so many situations. They really have to come by on a case by case basis. So saying the ends ALWAYS/NEVER justify the means is an naieve belief
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2009, 09:12:59 am »

It depends on personal stance, brn. Not anything else.

And in my opinion, shooting unarmed civilians is never justifiable. Ever.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2009, 10:40:53 am »

Thats the problem though, Personal morals sway too much. Also, What defines a Civilian? Is an engineer that draws and designs Artillery pieces or guns a civilian?

Is an off duty police officer or soldier a civilian? Or do they take more responsibility for their life and actions because of their profession compared to... an investment banker?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2009, 10:50:22 am »

lol, I was about to say the same.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
BaleWolf Offline
Donator

« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2009, 11:03:54 am »

Riot Shield is my favourite; it's just too bad team mates are so gun hoe, that they don't take advantage of you acting as mobile cover.

Mobile BULLETPROOF cover. I don't know how many times I've stolen enemy killstreaks, but the AC-130 is over-rated the Chopper Gunner is so much better.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2009, 11:42:52 am »

Civilian is for me someone who is not able to defend, and I will always despise people who kill harmless.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2009, 12:03:51 pm »

The end never justifies the means when you take innocent lives. That is the core problem with US Warfare strategy

Machiavelli would disagree for obvious reasons Wink
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2009, 12:49:48 pm »

We should totally play sometime Akr!  I love using the shield, my favorite setup so far is taking blast shield, Walk Lightly, Marathon Runner, Commando (melee distance increase), and Throwing Knives and flashbangs.  People shoot at you, give up cause they can't get thru the shield, you throw the stun so you blind them and they can't move very fast, then throw the knife at them to instantly kill them, pick up knife and move to next target, heh.

By the way, is the Spec Ops mode only 2 players?  I thought it'd be 4-players with friends.  Sad
BaleWolf Offline
Donator

« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2009, 12:58:11 pm »

Still can't find the prison special mission...
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #99 on: November 11, 2009, 01:58:40 pm »

Civilian is for me someone who is not able to defend, and I will always despise people who kill harmless.
What draken said. Anyone who is unarmed and poses no threath can easily be defined as a civilian. Just because he designs weapons doesn't make him an immediate threath to the lives of those around him. I mean - if you've captured an enemy scientist like that, why wouldn't you just take him into your country where he can work for you? If this scientist is killed, you can not measure the ammount of good he could of done after the war to offset the evil he brought by designing guns.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc