Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:33:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: stealth  (Read 14615 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 02:11:37 am »

Now let's count how many shermans you can instagib with those two squads. I can instagib 5 on an average day, up to 8 with an assortement of light vehicles on a good one.
Let's count in the ammount of ATGs you can instagib and gtfo using blitz.

panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2009, 03:10:27 am »

Now let's count how many shermans you can instagib with those two squads. I can instagib 5 on an average day, up to 8 with an assortement of light vehicles on a good one.
Let's count in the ammount of ATGs you can instagib and gtfo using blitz.

yes but it also requires luck and good marcroing.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2009, 03:36:29 am »

I say take away  Precision strike from Blitz! that'll solve the storm trooper debate.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2009, 06:02:01 am »

so? It still more than pays off. Even on a bad day I instagib at least 2 shermans(and by bad day I mean they get double strafed and a bombing run coming in on them ).
tankspirit668 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2009, 07:36:06 am »

so? It still more than pays off. Even on a bad day I instagib at least 2 shermans(and by bad day I mean they get double strafed and a bombing run coming in on them ).

All hail the greatest EIRR Player of all time - Mysthalin, who every time under all circumstances isntagibs 2 shermans :-D .
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2009, 08:55:04 am »

I totally agree with Leafedge's last paragraph...

Gameplay > Realism

to instagib a sherman one needs 600 manpower and 600 munitions.

One Sherman is 395 Manpower and 240 fuel. Plus its upgrades if it has any. 50 cal, (50 mun) and upgun (60) mun. repair kit (50)

395 Manpower 160 Mun and 240 Fuel. Without upgun and mg and repair its 395 and 240 fuel.

Who pays more?

Sigh.............

If the storms self-destructed after gibing the tank, this would be a viable argument.
If it takes multiple units to counter one unit, then that should be the cost comparison you use.

The truth is; to counter the storms I need some recon, either from myself or my teammate. If that recon is taken out, the entire rest of the game we are hunted and destroyed by storms with no counters. It will take triple the resources it took to create your storms for us to take them out. Sure there is the odd time a lucky strafe may take them out, but really that's not a true, reliable counter.

Yes it takes good micro and many resources to use storms. I would never disagree with that statement.
But the truth is, it takes good micro to keep any unit alive. It costs resources to field any unit. But storms will normally gib more than one tank or vehicle in a game. Now a 600 mp unit is destroying 790 mp and 480 fuel as a typical minimum deployment. This doesn't take into consideration the recon value of the storms either.

Lets be honest here folks....if storms were not so powerful, guys like puddin wouldn't use them so much!!!!

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2009, 09:47:02 am »

Well unless your tank is off by itself with no support then yeah the Storms are going to have a hard time not getting killed. I mean a single bar squad will do the job for you. 

Pwanawan baby!
BaleWolf Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2009, 12:06:38 pm »

Well lets see... this whole topic of instagibbing and having no counters is solved with one bar squad. If your running your tank around by themselves you deserve to lose. If you keep one bar squad anywhere near your tank you just hit suppression and pin the uncloaked storms. Problem solved.

Cloak doesn't need to be removed, just play smarter.

crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2009, 03:09:50 pm »

serious reply.
stormtroopers are a trademark of blitz company. They are just fine the way they are. Use a scout unit. Keep your tanks supported. BARs.
Blitzkrieg ability is limited to certain amount of uses. Stormies are expensive.
If any unit is microed properly, then it can become devastating. If i micro my marders properly, it can become devastating to tanks; same w/ anything else.
It's just the way it is.
Take away cloak movement for storms? then take away fire-up from rangers and AB.
Nothing is wrong w/ storms. nothing is wrong w/ AB. nothing is wrong w/ rangers. Nothing is wrong w/ mandos (besides the fact that they are british). Nothing is wrong w/ falls. Nothing is wrong w/ KCH.
Just play and scout. Suppress when you spot the storm squad then kill w/ sherman (if it survives because shreks can be pretty inaccurate) or some other unit.
jasfg wasnt suggesting a nerf btw. He was just suggesting something new to change the gameplay a little, so asks the community of EIRR what they think of his idea.
i for one think IT SUCKS!!!
but nice try though  Smiley

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2009, 05:20:00 pm »

Well lets see... this whole topic of instagibbing and having no counters is solved with one bar squad. If your running your tank around by themselves you deserve to lose. If you keep one bar squad anywhere near your tank you just hit suppression and pin the uncloaked storms. Problem solved.

Cloak doesn't need to be removed, just play smarter.

Jeeps detect, base infantry detect..  2 squads, 10 pop.  Better yet,m Why not run around with some infantry and no tank or play conservitvly with the tank?  

LEts see... Mg makes stroms run away, Flamers make storms retreat... 50 cals on shermans at max range Supresses them....  As shreks will miss 50% of the time at long range...  

i will tell ya what, We can take 2 shermans vs 4 storm double shrek squads...

if i Cloak, I win, IF i am reveled, I will lose.  Youi can kit and kick my ass from range with your gun, and kickign my ass.  

Lets see... Sniper kills 1/4th my squad,  Recon squad reveals me and snipes me... Its amazing.  

Its The same as creeping paks for defensive... Its a good form of AT...  

Ask how many times my armor company has gotten T-17s gibbed, Or my Brit Commando company... Umm I can;t remeber the last time i ran into more then 1 squad at a time....  

Oh and for clarification, I fuckign hate storms.  I;d ratehr use grens with teir 1 10% more supression resistent, But they took away doubel Shreks from them... So it fucked that.

I ran a blitz company for a year and a half, NEver used any storms....  Since grens can;t feild doubel shreks, I use storms... Ppl used to complain of my grens more then the storms tho.  Vet 1 health regen is nastier then cloak

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2009, 05:35:53 pm »

Defensive can run double shreks cheaper, senior officers can make them regular grens outdamage storms with shreks.

I think in reality people prefer storms because they get oh shit button (blitz) and cloak (u cant see me button). They are just easier to use, even if more costly. Regular grens running around are too vulnerable to random events like at gun snipe, snipes outside of combat (in combat storms are just as vulnerable to snipe). They dont triple boom button either (bundle). Cam't target storms for offmaps either, unless they are in combat.

Defensive doctrine grens would be harder to use but more effective, oh shit buttons and ninja mode is just more attractive and easier to play with.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2009, 05:46:57 pm »

I'd be scared to put the munitions on a single Gren squad for them to wield double shreks, the main reason being that I can't choose my engagements as easily with grens as I can with cloaked storms.  Double shreks would work well with Omniscience though since you can see attacks coming and position your grens in cover in time so they'll be ready.  The other disadvantage I see is that double shrek grens are pretty much strictly for defensive playstyles.  Storms can be used defensively or offensively.

puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2009, 05:47:59 pm »

Smoke, I used nothign but grens, And people told eme that shreks were op the whole time...  Thats why they took shreks off grens half the time because i had my at army of them running around...  

Blitz is not that big of adeal, its a 3 time use, I'd again rather take Health regen, As that alone running around full speed and always being at max health after a lul... Is far better.  

I;d rather have doubel grens with my Blitx then storms.  And i would use them just as effectivly, Always have.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2009, 05:50:31 pm »

Arent medkits still on unlimited use? I healed my KCH 6 times today

And blitz is hardly a "small deal" if you use it right, its a extremely powerful tool if you know how to use it. Few T1 abilities can compete with it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 05:57:20 pm by Smokaz » Logged
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2009, 05:52:39 pm »

I could have sworn that I ran out of medkits once for my grens..
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2009, 06:00:26 pm »

vet 1 healh regen, active all the time, Blitz active max 1 min 30 seconds... 

ITs nice.... Buti;d rather have the health regen, and you facing ta fully healed squad everytime
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2009, 06:13:05 pm »

I dont see how health is espically relevant to fighting tanks, most of the time you are getting one shotted. Health is mainly useful against flamers and small arms, not snipers/at guns etc.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2009, 09:20:07 pm »

oh god i remember the days of my 4 storms on the top 10 in leaderboards and everyone getting a hard on hunting them down. i think i single handly got em from 240 to 280 muni then finally i woke up to 300. From my experience being the best one.....they are extremely hard to keep alive, micro and use effectively. Most people are retarded children that have no concept of combined arms and at the same time most players are like ninjas from American Ninja movies....uncoordinated morons. Thus they come to a general concensous that the american ninja is oped and that the ninjas need a buff.....idiots all around. Better example an infantile retard spinning in a circles with his arms out and everyone in the room go in one at a time. That sums up how most players deal with storms. cry more.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2009, 10:47:45 am »

oh god i remember the days of my 4 storms on the top 10 in leaderboards and everyone getting a hard on hunting them down. i think i single handly got em from 240 to 280 muni then finally i woke up to 300. From my experience being the best one.....they are extremely hard to keep alive, micro and use effectively. Most people are retarded children that have no concept of combined arms and at the same time most players are like ninjas from American Ninja movies....uncoordinated morons. Thus they come to a general concensous that the american ninja is oped and that the ninjas need a buff.....idiots all around. Better example an infantile retard spinning in a circles with his arms out and everyone in the room go in one at a time. That sums up how most players deal with storms. cry more.

quoted for truth

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2009, 12:21:42 pm »

I dont see how health is espically relevant to fighting tanks, most of the time you are getting one shotted. Health is mainly useful against flamers and small arms, not snipers/at guns etc.

He got used to the stormtrooper too much. Storms dont get one shotted by shermans, unlike grens, probably why he's mixing it up now.

Medikits : useable every 2 minutes for full healing. You can cloak so noone sees you while you do it. Vet 1 health regen : takes what, 20 minutes to heal a guy from half health to full health? Enjoy, I'd rather have blitzkrieg as my OH SHIT button after I instagib your sherman from out of nowhere, ty.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc