Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:38:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check this, we got the comet now. :D  (Read 9572 times)
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 06:10:19 pm »

So it would be like a british panther? Huh
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 07:30:18 pm »

yer and sort of better. think about panther with flank speed and can take on any armour apart from maybe KT in 1 on 1 lol
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 07:38:18 pm »

because axis don't whine about allied armor enough...

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Prydain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2009, 11:50:56 pm »

However, faulty fuzes meant the withdrawal of the HE ammunition, limiting the tank's role to an anti-tank vehicle. With stocks of 77 mm ammunition dwindling in 1969, the army began an experiment to prolong the life of the vehicle.

it was only an AT tank.

Tym, how did you turn a sentence about the post-war Irish Army Comets not being able to field HE ammunition in the 60's into a sentence that encompasses the whole of the weapons service life? Maybe you and Aloha can go on to discuss balance next? Excellent...

So it would be like a british panther? Huh
No, it would be like the British Cromwell except it comes too late, has less speed and insufficient torque, has the extremely powerful 17pounder main armament and has a slightly different armour setup.

If you can get away with adding a Comet, you can get away with adding a Black Prince and a Centurion. I can't wait to see how inaccurately it is portrayed in whatever the fuck mod is making it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 12:01:01 am by Prydain » Logged

The Germans in Greek
Are sadly to seek;
Not five in five score,
But ninety-five more;
All, save only Hermann,
And Hermann's a German.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 01:17:30 am »

If you can get away with adding a Comet, you can get away with adding a Black Prince and a Centurion. I can't wait to see how inaccurately it is portrayed in whatever the fuck mod is making it.

All a tank needs to have is one instance of practical live combat trials and it becomes suitable for inclusion as a rare, one time only reward unit for us.

At least for our purposes anyways.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 01:23:12 am »

I can haz Maus?

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 01:26:26 am »

I want JagdTiger...

or even better. SturmTiger...the ultimate Blob controller for Panzer Elite Scorched Earth Doctorine Tier 4

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mukip Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 03:17:12 am »

Wikipedia says:
With the A34 Comet the tank designers opted to correct several Cromwell flaws; the track shedding and broken suspension problems, and enhance the Cromwell's main strengths, low height and high speed. The designers used a new gun, the "77mm HV". This gun used the same calibre (76.2 mm) projectile as the 17 pdr, but the shell casing was from the older QF 3 inch 20 cwt gun (loaded to higher pressures), and therefore was non-interchangeable with the 17 pdr ammunition. It had a lower muzzle velocity than the 17-pounder, but the ammunition was much more compact and more easily stored and handled within the confines of a tank. Several other upgrades were added as well: armour protection was increased, both the hull and turret were of welded construction with a cast gun mantlet, ammunition was now stored in armoured bins, the suspension was strengthened, return rollers were added, and the turret was electrically traversed (a design feature taken from the earlier Churchill tank), with a generator powered by the main engine.

The Comet tank's top speed was governed down from the Cromwell's 40+ mph to a slightly slower but still respectable 32 mph to preserve suspension and engine components and to reduce track wear.

So more health and armour than a Cromwell but lacking flank speed, a faster turning turret with more penetration and damage (less powerful than a Firefly but faster reload).   What would such a tank cost and should it be effective vs just tanks or infantry as well?  I think it would be fun to have a British Tiger equivalent added to the Royal Engineers doctrine.
DisposableHero Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 07:39:39 am »

Love it. Axis players defend their tanks until death and give a little dance of joy every time they are given a new one. Soon as there's a hint that the Allies might be getting a new tank they all moan about an 'allied Tiger,' an 'Allied Panther' or an 'Allied KT' and how it will be able to take on any Axis tank 1v1 and win and totally unbalance the game because all the builders are trying to do is punish Axis players.

In fact, it seems to be a recurring theme. Almost every time something new is introduced for Allies or altered to improve it, Axis whine about how they are getting shafted - ignoring the fact that all their stuff is usually better in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:42:08 am by DisposableHero » Logged

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 08:35:45 am »

You see, a unit is only balanced when it's on your side of the battlefield. If the enemy have it, it suddenly becomes OP Wink.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 10:24:58 am »

The wher doesn't have VD like most allies doctrines tbh, that's why the allies don't have many heavy tanks.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 10:56:11 am »

You see, a unit is only balanced when it's on your side of the battlefield, and killing stuff. If the enemy have it, it suddenly becomes OP Wink.

corrected

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2009, 11:01:50 am »

The wher doesn't have VD like most allies doctrines tbh, that's why the allies don't have many heavy tanks.

Shrek > bazooka.
Shrek more or less = RR.
Pak > 57 mm.
Panther (more or less) = 2xM10.
Stug (more or less) = M10

And that's without considering the doctrinal WM TD stuff, like the geschutz, flak 88, mobile cloaked paks, double shreks, etc.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2009, 11:07:27 am »

So? give the Allies a kt and you'll see what I mean.
TheLastArmada Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2009, 11:23:47 am »

Giving the brits the Comet will improve gameplay, considering that allied tank choices are limited and giving them specific roles is costly

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2009, 12:10:07 pm »

So? give the Allies a kt and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, it'll be far worse on the allied side than it is on the axis side.
Reason 1 :
Far inferior support weapons to help the KT on it's rolling path of destruction. You can argue any way you want to, but hte .30 cal is not even remotely close to an equal to the MG42, and I'll take a pak(ESPECIALLY against a KT) much more easily than I will a 57mm.
Reason 2 :
Marder/Geschutz/Panther = Firefly. At least, in battling a KT. They can shoot and run, shoot and run until the KT is dead. Best reliable counter the brits have against the KT is a firefly, anyway.
Reason 3 :
The hotchkiss (or 2). Wroom wroom, mein upgun ist penetrating it all the time, mein kapitan! pewpewpew, dead and win.
Reason 4 :
Das Jagdpanther. I can dig up a link of a straight up faceoff.

Axis AT solutions are inherently better than the allied ones. One teency thing, though - they're not as mobile as the allied ones. Against something as lumbering and blundering as a KT, though, it wouldn't matter, and the higher DPS would really get to be shown.

Anyways, off to teh commet again :
I love it, cromwells are very sexy tanks, just that they fail in the CoH universe. I'd love a comet in my army Smiley.
TheLastArmada Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2009, 12:20:55 pm »

Indeed Cromwells are good but in coh they dont get to execute there defining traits
Low hit profile
High Speed
 Angry
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2009, 10:59:54 pm »

It seem liked the americans was made first, and than WM was made to counter everything in the allied faction

PE seem to be made from the left overs of WM that couldnt counter Americans.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2009, 01:49:22 am »

and here we go again Axis is OP and Allies are UP buff Allies.

Anyhow A british Tiger like tank might be an interesting add. but first I want a pure balance on things. I mean 1 Tommy squad being vet 2 can defeat two Panzergrenadier squads in a fight. Its kinda...weird much? xD with Improved rifling of course
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2009, 02:23:29 am »

It seem liked the americans was made first, and than WM was made to counter everything in the allied faction

PE seem to be made from the left overs of WM that couldnt counter Americans.

the should get the jagpanzer IV as there standard all round vehicle with about the same gun as the P4 with maybe better at characteristics and lessened AI
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc