Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 08:44:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: So is KT a problem that need to be fixed?
Yes, increase pop - 1 (3.3%)
Yes, increase cost - 2 (6.7%)
Yes, decrease HP - 1 (3.3%)
Yes - 3 (10%)
No, its fine!!!!! L2P! - 23 (76.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It seems like we need another KT discussion  (Read 17009 times)
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2009, 04:45:46 pm »

Well this is a surprise. Tank has something to cry about, yet again on axis side..
Have you by yourself, ever TRIED one in EiR? Sure, it is much much different in EiR than VCoh, but that doesnt mean that it means its BETTER..

Sigh... Halftrack full of rifles spamming stickiez, m10 rushes, fireflies... Button.. Mines, m8 mines.. Gah not even mentioning my arch enemy, the AB RR's

So here we go again. A poster makes a rude insulting jackass remark and I am supposed to just suck it up and not respond in kind. I have troubles understanding this forum mod thing, but perhaps I will figure it out one day.

I do not understand your sarcastic surprise. I have only ever posted twice in regards to axis units. Storm troopers and the KT. I see a lot of posts on this forum by many members in regards to the same things as well as many others. If you are trying to personally insult me for posting about two issues, get a life. ( Killer please not my efforts to refrain from expressing how I really feel about this.......nvm )

So in short let me say stfu.

I had an axis account. Yes I have used the KT. I do not play axis anymore, they are boring and simple.
Well now tank130, you can do and say w/e you wish to do or say, but I have to object to your little statement about axis being boring and simple. AXIS includes PE and Wehr and PE IS NOT SIMPLE! Try it yourself and you will see. Also, I remember you playing wehrmacht before and from what I saw and heard you struggled quite a bit. If it's so boring and simple you would rape w/ wehrmacht. Finally, please do not say axis are boring and simple, instead, say wehrmacht is boring and simple because if you play PE you will understand that it is a challenge and fun faction.
I am not trying to insult you by-the-way but if i did anyway anyhow, I would like to apologize old timer Smiley

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
DuckOfDoom Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2009, 04:51:57 pm »

I think the only problem with KTs is that a KT requires a much stronger anti tank force to defeat it in comparecent to other axis armor, which means that a mere appearance of a KT will force a balanced call-in to retreat in order for the player to bring out heavy anti tank measures. The KT lets the axis dictate the terms of engagement and the call ins of their opponents from the point of its arrival, by the simple virtue of arriving the unit on the field. Assuming a balanced call in, the KT will automatically pay for itself in at least 50% pop as the opponents will withdraw their AI measures in favor of AT. No other single unit (not even the jagdpanther) will force the opponents to withdraw pop this way.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 06:33:20 pm by DuckOfDoom » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 05:05:56 pm »

Well this is a surprise. Tank has something to cry about, yet again on axis side..
Have you by yourself, ever TRIED one in EiR? Sure, it is much much different in EiR than VCoh, but that doesnt mean that it means its BETTER..

Sigh... Halftrack full of rifles spamming stickiez, m10 rushes, fireflies... Button.. Mines, m8 mines.. Gah not even mentioning my arch enemy, the AB RR's

So here we go again. A poster makes a rude insulting jackass remark and I am supposed to just suck it up and not respond in kind. I have troubles understanding this forum mod thing, but perhaps I will figure it out one day.

What he did there is just a basic example of what an ad hominem is, you should do like everyone else, ignore it, move on.

Use PMs if you want to reply to this post.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 05:09:49 pm »

The only issue I have with KT's that i remember from when i was playing daily is that. When the Metagame relies heavily on super tanks the Allied Meta game begins to rely heavily on Large Anti tank companies. I found that when playing as PE i got WTF stomped by inordinately heavy Zook/RR/ATG companies.(like 4 of each + tanks) the advent of the 6lbr only made life worse in that regard. So an Armour heavy WM metagame forces PE players into an Infantry heavy role, which means they must usually forego light vehicles and support vehicles(if anyone knows me they know i love Tanks and vehicles) Thats the only real gripe I have with Multiple KT companies

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2009, 05:50:20 pm »

That's all a good point, brn. It doesn't really relate to KT balance, but it is a good point. The overall design of the mod should attempt to enhance the metagame, and sometimes units have negative effects on their allies.

Personally, I don't think people should have multiple KT or Jagd companies either. Anything heavier than a Tiger deployed multiple times in one game by one player feels like griefing, but still, the fuel costs alone prevent them from doing this easily (or at least it did, I'm out of touch with pricing right now).
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2009, 06:36:18 pm »

They can field 2 KTs in a company, is it hard to overcome? Depends, its a t3 supported by a t4. As Armor company I feel my T4 supported m10 and m18 handle them quite nicely.

panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 06:41:10 pm »

i think it is more the problem with new players and new accounts facing a t3 unlock which is a t3 unlock cause it is that good...or can be

it is hard for people with little or no doctrine abilities to win games against people who have lvl 6 - 8 accounts... or even lvl 3 or 4
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 06:49:02 pm »

Well normally I'd agree AmPm. But the only reason you use a metric ass ton of M10/M18's is because of the metagame. If everyone fielded the basic P4's +Infantry/Support weapons you wouldn't take M10's as they would serve little more purpose then a barn... with treads.

Your massive TD spam, counters Heavy companies and PE pretty well most times. And any infantry caught by it will be crushed undertread. (Infantry are the support role in a Heavy centric company)

The biggest Obstacle is obviously Hitpoints, the amount of damage these units absorb is quite high. While I DO NOT advocate a change in base stats, you could always find a medium between decreasing the HP's and upping the Deflection multipliers.(front armour) That way players are not awed by the Health total. and skilled players are rewarded more for flanking rear armour hits.(simply a suggestion)

I think Making it so that a KT company comes just shy of the fuel required for 2 would be fine. Unfortunately that reduces customization but it means the individual would have a more diverse company, and the KT would be relegated to it's Shock/Stop gap role as intended. Instead of it's current AT sponge +2nd KT Mop up role
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 07:23:39 pm »

Brn, I use hardly any of my fuel for the TDs, I use 5 of them.

If I really wanted to focus on mass TD spam I would use fuel advantages and spam the hell out of them. Its not needed.

Some sticky rifles + TDs and a pair of 57's has stopped all axis armor so far.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2009, 07:29:22 pm »

Some sticky rifles + TDs and a pair of 57's has stopped all axis armor so far.

Thats why I need my Tanks back.

Well a working comp first
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2009, 07:37:59 pm »

You have no idea how epic armor doctrine is right now vs axis armor if you choose to make it that way =)

You would love it.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2009, 10:51:06 pm »

Ahhh Suffering Tank withdrawl. Maybe when i finally get my comp up and running i can get EiRRmod to give me the only Tiger ace in EiRR( he can make the stats the same but give me the badass skin) so people know when I roll into town I could have a company composed entirely of Tanks and enjoy every match(and probably win more then half of them) Anyone have an old AGP vid card i can use as a tester to problem solve? lol
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2009, 03:49:19 am »

lol, you can run 30 tanks against a tricked out Armor TD company, you'll still lose em all.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2009, 05:00:00 am »

lol, you can run 30 tanks against a tricked out Armor TD company, you'll still lose em all.

Are you honestly implying 10 M10/1M18s will kill 30 hunter killer jagdpanthers?

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2009, 05:06:54 am »

Jagdpanther isn't a tank, its a Tank Destroyer

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2009, 06:28:48 am »

use ap rounds

ap rounds (and vet3) rape any axis armor.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2009, 08:33:37 am »

It's armored, got threads and a big-ass gun. The definition "Angry metal house that moves" fits it.
Therego, it's a tank.

30 german steel KTs wouldn't be too fun to fight, either, no?
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2009, 08:46:12 am »

It's armored, got threads and a big-ass gun. The definition "Angry metal house that moves" fits it.
Therego, it's a tank.

30 german steel KTs wouldn't be too fun to fight, either, no?

AP>GS

throw in a stun round and you are ass-raped.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2009, 08:48:06 am »

5 M10s and 5 M18s will not, ever, beat 30 KTs.
Not even with the doctrinal buffs. There's a limit to their capabilities Tongue. Heck, let's just grab panthers, not even the KTs. Or tigers with blitzkrieg, HR and Improved Barrels.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2009, 09:26:10 am »

If they were all vet 3 M18s who managed to get off first strike I actually think you can beat the jagds. Probably not the KTs though.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc