Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:46:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for Advertising  (Read 6905 times)
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« on: November 09, 2009, 10:21:22 pm »

I've noticed that not as many people are online all of the time. As awesome as this mod is, and as many people are on vcoh, I'd expect more people to play this. Does anybody have any good ideas about how to spread the word about EIR? I know that there are a lot of podcasts and youtube videos etc, but maybe we need more.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 11:48:15 pm »

Doctrine rework patch will bring ppl back.

And as for new blood, we need more shoutcasts and vid casts, and IP4K beating the shit outta people in retail with his wwwEuropeinruins.com smurf to get those.

Unfortunately the people with the skills for shoutcasts and vid casts are at OMG and they wont leave. afaik, since EIRR first started, there has only been one vid cast/shoutcast.

We need more of those and to spread them out amongst the main fourms.

But untill that time CHOP CHOP Keeps! Back to your cave!

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 02:02:20 am »

And as for new blood, we need more shoutcasts and vid casts, and IP4K beating the shit outta people in retail with his wwwEuropeinruins.com smurf to get those.

Unfortunately the people with the skills for shoutcasts and vid casts are at OMG and they wont leave. afaik, since EIRR first started, there has only been one vid cast/shoutcast.

HAVE NO FEAR COMPUTER WILL CREATE NEW SHOUTCAST. you sound join in groundfire Wink

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 02:45:30 am »

Once Doctorine Rework is done. Balancing done.

Then time to adversite.

Massive Propaganda of Pictures, 'Friendly Community' info, new Guides, A lot of shoutcasts. A LOT OF them put all up for Youtube etc. Now there are only old VEiR stuff remaining (with few exceptions)

Propaganda ftw

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 10:51:25 am »

HAVE NO FEAR COMPUTER WILL CREATE NEW SHOUTCAST. you sound join in groundfire Wink

yeah if you can get it all going, ill co-shoutcast with ya.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 11:13:46 am »

not as much time as i use to have but yeah ill play when i can, however spamming games as brits on my deadb0lt account has some what stumped my wehr play im sure, lul

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 12:04:23 pm »

good call, i say when the new patch comes out we have sign ups for shout casts.

we need 2 videos, one of our most skilled players, and one with average players. both have to be good close and equally skilled games, with something like that posted it will def pull some more people in im sure.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 12:41:50 pm »

good call, i say when the new patch comes out we have sign ups for shout casts.

we need 2 videos, one of our most skilled players, and one with average players. both have to be good close and equally skilled games, with something like that posted it will def pull some more people in im sure.

+ balanced companies
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2009, 12:49:07 pm »

good players don't have such a thing as gimmick company.

Any company is balanced and works fine against anything in their hands.

tankspirit668 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 02:16:39 pm »

Shurely and Santa Claus is real  Roll Eyes  http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=12757.0 :

A good advertisement:

Enough of the COH SPAM Stuff ? Bored to death of using certain overpowered units in large masses ? WAnna play something what really rewards tactical gameplay and combined arms ?

JOIN EUROPE IN RUINS NOW !
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:18:41 pm by tankspirit668 » Logged
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 02:48:54 pm »

What if we all played vcoh for a week on names like that wwwEuropeinruins.com name? names like

playeuropeinruins

europeinruins

europeinruinsisawesome

things like that?
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 03:25:05 pm »

Get pictures of Hot babes and advertise europeinruins over it. works for evony.. Dam evony

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 03:36:29 pm »

WAnna play something what really rewards tactical gameplay and combined arms ?

hey, sounds just like vCoH pak and HMG campdowns with zombie gren spam!
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 05:05:22 pm »

wanna play vcoh without med bunkers? join eir NOAW!

Get pictures of Hot babes and advertise europeinruins over it. works for evony.. Dam evony

btw this lul.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 02:59:52 am »

Company of Heroes, rewards of tactical use of capturing sectors and using combined arms and tactical gameplay to overwhelm the enemy.

Today...

Who has more recoiless rifles, recon tommies, shermans, rangers, Commandos, Tigers, Panthers, artillery wins

Tired of seeing how the tactical choices are thrown into the trash bin and just spam certain unit? Like Recoiless Rifle AB, Panther blob or Ranger blob with all armed with tommies?
Tired of seeing British dig up in some corner and spam 25 pounders to pound your base and units to hell?
Annoyed by the fact that blob comes and when in danger can be retreated to enemy base to fully heal and regroup?

Well now...you can end it by yourself

Europe in Ruins Reinforcements.

Tactical use of infantry and vehicles to create a combined arms tactic. Defeat the blobbing rifles with a machinegun and mortar and watch them to retreat- never to come back on the battle again.
Kill units, gain veterancy for your infantry to create a massive veteran army. Buy doctorine abilities to gain strenght, either passive or button click. Limited use of Offmaps! Construct your company and specialize it to fight enemy forces.

NEW maps, New interesting game modes. Use Company of Heroes infantry and vehicles tactically to end the enemy. No more capturing backline points. Solid Frontlines. Epic battles of vehicles and infantry.

Join now to experience it...once the territory count is back...you can change the history as either Axis Army, or as a Allied army.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2009, 05:29:03 am »

I think EiR has 3 or 4 Shoutcasts. they are up on ModDB, they are a great way to bring players into the game. Some up to date ones for EiR:R would be fantastic. Salan is pretty good at doing them(not to mention his comp can handle it and he has the tools to make them look good. But he's doing his own thing or something right now. I would have participated in some a while back but I get told I sound like Steve buschemi and i dn;t think his Shoutcast voice is very good.

I had parts of a video i was making when i was vetting my Tiger.(show the tiger trashing people an gaining XP) but with the loss of my hard drives I've lsot the saved files too.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2009, 01:14:03 pm »

oh man, id listen to steve buscemi shoutcast lol.

i probably should of saved some of the games wind and i recently played. both were down to the last few men and were pretty equal skill wise.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2009, 03:18:46 pm »

Yeah part of the problem is that no one likes to see a stalemate. The game needs constant action. Even games among some of EIR:R's best while a ton to play out and definitely filled with skill can still look like stalemates. If people don;t see an exchange of ground that it looks like nothing is happening. It's hard to come across really shoutcast worthy games.

Same thing applies to thsoe games where each team has 4 infantry running around at the end. It may be tense and fun to have played but someone watching is going to want results, especially if they have never touched EiR:R. So theres always a compromise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc