Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 08:45:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop whining about backcapping, thanks  (Read 2258 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« on: November 15, 2009, 02:59:39 pm »

Don't throw a fit when you get backcapped. Not everyone thinks its super smart to frontally assault your mgs and at guns. Part of the game is handling the flanks and being able to decide how to disperse or centralize your combat units.

Some people consider capping the map a "flaw" of the game. That doesnt make any sense considering the importance of holding equal or more sectors than the opposing team. It's been like this forever.

I backcap and move up the flanks because it forces my opponents out of hiding, out of their perfectly facing support weapons. Waaaaah, I have to turn my mg. How could you do this to me?

Its hilarious when Keeps, pak or cam or someone else complains about backcapping or claiming that backcapping loses them the game. Sitting idle in middle is what causes you to lose the game, because the flanking guy gets the drop on you.

Backcapping is a necessary evil, to balance out the advantage of holding crucial ground, the idea that its hard to deal with is all in your head. Some doctrines are better at capping territory or can field tougher low pop and mobile counters, yet have weaknesses in other areas. I've been told several times as I learned EIRR the importance of leaving some kind of defense against backcappers.

There's also the positioning of squads that makes them able to hold several sectors at once, which I am sure you all know about!

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 03:01:47 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 03:50:10 pm »

100% agree.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 04:00:50 pm »

"Cry Some More!"

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 05:43:52 pm »

200% agree.

Another thing I've heard is people bitching about back capping when they have TOO MUCH ARMOR ON THE FIELD! if you're dumb enough to not have infantry on the field to hold/cap territory, or if you and your teammate/s insist on keeping all your forces bunched up in a blob on one side of the map, then you deserve to get back capped. it isn't a low down tactic it's a TACTIC. macro vs micro, pay attention to your surroundings, bitching about back capping is like bitching about people who can run over really good with tanks.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 10:31:44 pm »

At the end of the day your alive and your enemy isn't then it wasn't stupid or cheap or low or dirty. Victory is the name of the game. Besides, Vital ground is only vital for as long as it can influence your enemy. Once that position becomes untennable due to flanking/strategic movements, you better pack up or lose everything. The principles of cut offs and surrounding your enemy or delaying his reinforcementsstill apply in EiR:R. Thats part of the reason I love the game.

Ohh and Theres never sucha  thing as too much Armour on the field!(ok, i know there is but is that a bad thing?)

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 10:55:12 pm »

At the end of the day your alive and your enemy isn't then it wasn't stupid or cheap or low or dirty. Victory is the name of the game. Besides, Vital ground is only vital for as long as it can influence your enemy. Once that position becomes untennable due to flanking/strategic movements, you better pack up or lose everything. The principles of cut offs and surrounding your enemy or delaying his reinforcementsstill apply in EiR:R. Thats part of the reason I love the game.

Ohh and Theres never sucha  thing as too much Armour on the field!(ok, i know there is but is that a bad thing?)

it is when you ONLY have armor and it ain't capping Wink

a game wind and i played that's what happened, they had nothing to hold all their ground and it gave us a good pop advantage.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 12:18:57 am »

Mobility and 8 HT start.
Wooooooooo!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc