Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:04:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is normal day of this mod?  (Read 8575 times)
C0redian Offline
EIR Regular

« on: November 30, 2009, 11:52:02 am »

I wait 1 hour in launcher I see 3 games, a guy called smokaz and johnydavis, we make 3v3 they they join on my team, we wait for other guy then they leave, and there is 1 slot left and noone joins my game even if there are 5 people which could join my game. Then they talk for about 30 mins and still atm, something about stomping instead of joining my game, is this normal in this mod or its certain people?

I really liked my first game in this mod, but it's very hard to get a game here.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:56:44 am »

Its a monday, school and work, from around this time it will get more players.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Dnicee Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 12:01:05 pm »

there was a time when it was like 50 ppl online...we just need to put our trust in god or the dev team that the new patch will change things.

(i think il put my trust in god at this point...the only active dev atm is Akrandas and hes busy making graphs)   Tongue
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:04:39 pm by Dnicee » Logged

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 12:38:36 pm »

yesterday afternoon there were a tonnnn of people on, i saw 2v2s, 3v3s going up and getting started fairly quickly and 3-4 games going at once. then when i got on later at night there were about 5 people on lol.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 02:00:45 pm »

LOLOLLOLOL

INB4

- i play with new players

- i don't stack

- i don't leave when games when there is a challenge

- i have to post on forumz that i play with new players so others think i do when i don't

wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 03:41:09 pm »

once the holidays start in a couple weeks more people will probably pop on

Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 04:38:03 pm »

(i think il put my trust in god at this point...the only active dev atm is Akrandas and hes busy making graphs)   Tongue

LOLOLOLOL

Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 04:42:34 pm »

im pretty sure if they wipe all of the accounts then there would be many more games
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 07:20:11 am »

atm i would rather not want a wipe as i just got my luft company good and it's fun...

i mean i started with this company vs lvl 8's etc just so i could get max pp's
don't think people mind losing it's just how some people even though they win have to go after everything and kill any units they find.

and the fact that if u have a sore of wat 10 to 20 or worse 5 to 23 or something they won't play with u... some say they don't want to feel all angry after a game or they don't want to loose vet, so stupd if u don't want that have a noob company that u don't mind being stupid on or losing lots off stuff.

it will happen again even if u do a reset.
C0redian Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 11:25:23 am »

Seems that allies are less fun to play in this mod, it looks for me that as avarge its 1-4 in players for axis, it forces me to play allies only, axis factions are better or it's my bad luck?
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 11:31:54 am »

Yeah allies are getting less fun to play, and I'm a diehard allied player.  If I wanted to win easily, I would make an axis company.

I've created posts about what I think is the general unbalance of axis Wehr faction compared to what US offers (plus their vet is meh until the other factions are toned down) which leads to me and a lot of other allied players being sick of USA until the next patch.  Last 'big' game I played was a 3v3, with the enemy bringing out pure MP40 spam, PE assault gren spam, 4 King Tigers, 2 V1s, 3 of those 'mine' missile attacks that instant killed my vet 3 howie and 2 of my AT guns, and 2-4 rocket barrages that wiped out most of our infantry, support weapons, and AT guns... not to mention 1 man LMG/shrek squad abuse which I'm tired of losing 2-4 rifle squads against 1 man who can't be stunned and uses a medkit to heal faster than 12+ guys shooting at him could deal with.

Now a lot of diehard axis disagree that US is 'just as powerful' but right now the advantage is to axis factions until they fix Terror/Blitz, cap those KTs, and adjust off-maps as allies just don't have enough counters to those, but that's just my opinion and some of the allied players I play with who are just tired of Wehr stomping US and Brits (who I recall still can't buy Brens...).

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 12:25:19 pm »

Meh, my Allied Armor Coy seems to do fine, AB work fine, Infantry with Carbines or TR work fine.

You'll notice a lot of Lionel's complaints are situational (Static support weapon position vs offmaps, no different than axis support weapon position vs offmaps...) or about units that are pretty easy to stop (Volks, Assault Grens...seriously, use BARs or an HMG) or 4 KTs (also pretty easy to stop as long as you didn't waste all your AT, a jeep and a couple ATGs can really mess them up for much less pop and cost) and then there is the Zeal + Ferocity LMG Gren...or as I like to call it, sniper food. I'm not sure I could lose 2-4 squads against one of those, even on purpose...

Its really very simple, companies that are extreme cases (dual KT, gren spam with zeal) all have a very distinct weakness, KTs hate stickies and ATG combo's, hide behind a building/hedge/whatever with the sticky squad in the path of the KT, shoot it with ATG. If it rushes up to kill it, back up ATG, throw sticky. If he stays back keep shooting, if it pulls back, congrats, you won the fight.

Zeal grens causing issues? Bring a sniper or two, or just shoot at them with ATGs =) See how long those vet 2 and 3 single man grens stay on when a sniper is loose.

The problems with Allies revolves around the lack of "cool", all you have are Rangers and AB for infantry that have that "cool" property, and for tanks...well...I like Hellcats...but the rest are boring.

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 12:35:47 pm »

If you dont like weak infantry you should try to play British more, since their main infantry dont just bend over and say
"take me" to Terror Grenadiers.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:40:28 pm by EliteGren » Logged

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 01:01:56 pm »

agreed with elite, if you want to play allies but don't like the whole shitty rifles play brits, tommies are lots of fun.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 01:28:06 pm »

I am pretty bored with my current us account, thinking of deleting it and trying something different..   i know i probably wont go back to TR... Carbines sounds funner and more useful.

crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 01:58:24 pm »

mgallun, tryout PE.
it is fun to play.

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 02:25:55 pm »

Meh, my Allied Armor Coy seems to do fine, AB work fine, Infantry with Carbines or TR work fine.

You'll notice a lot of Lionel's complaints are situational (Static support weapon position vs offmaps, no different than axis support weapon position vs offmaps...) or about units that are pretty easy to stop (Volks, Assault Grens...seriously, use BARs or an HMG) or 4 KTs (also pretty easy to stop as long as you didn't waste all your AT, a jeep and a couple ATGs can really mess them up for much less pop and cost) and then there is the Zeal + Ferocity LMG Gren...or as I like to call it, sniper food. I'm not sure I could lose 2-4 squads against one of those, even on purpose...

Its really very simple, companies that are extreme cases (dual KT, gren spam with zeal) all have a very distinct weakness, KTs hate stickies and ATG combo's, hide behind a building/hedge/whatever with the sticky squad in the path of the KT, shoot it with ATG. If it rushes up to kill it, back up ATG, throw sticky. If he stays back keep shooting, if it pulls back, congrats, you won the fight.

Zeal grens causing issues? Bring a sniper or two, or just shoot at them with ATGs =) See how long those vet 2 and 3 single man grens stay on when a sniper is loose.

The problems with Allies revolves around the lack of "cool", all you have are Rangers and AB for infantry that have that "cool" property, and for tanks...well...I like Hellcats...but the rest are boring.

Well, everyone knows the allied HMG doesn't stop blobs, it's too short ranged and requires two bursts usually to suppress, if the axis are not in any cover whatsoever.  Allied 'advice' on use of MG is that it has to be used AFTER a BAR suppression attack to maintain it as it sucks at causing suppression.  And yes it is different in regards to off-maps, as allies have 1 for US infantry (which sucks) and airborne has the best off-maps, and armor company has zero off-maps... and now let's compare that to the rocket/mine attack which instant rapes support weapons and crews, rocket strikes/mortar barrage which can drift but has such a wide area it still will usually catch anything... yeah, I'm still of the opinion axis off-maps are WAY better than US at the moment.

And on the 'easy to stop' units, try fighting 4-5 vet 3 MP40 or Mp44 squads with equal numbers of riflemen/rangers with BARs and SMGs, unless the axis guy is a fool and blobs, he will focus fire and literally make your BAR squads go 'poof' faster than suppression can pin him, usually only inflicting suppress.  Add to that if he's terror, you kill 2 guys in his 4 man lmg squad, that 2 man lmg squad instantly kills your entire force, as well as that KT backing them up.  Also, being a team game, generally if two KTs come out, they are supported by a crap load of infantry surrounding them, which negates sticky bomb chances.

Did have the whole 'AT guns and jeep supported by infantry', which is neutralized by single man LMGs, or single man shrek squads (they alpha strike your AT guns, LMG guy blows away your jeep at medium range, and keeps all your guys in cover just to survive the shots).

Bring sniper?  It works, but then he gets rush by several LMG full man squads that want to take losses, sniper is quickly revealed and dead (or best, germans bring a bike to spot and let LMGs rape the sniper).

Airborne I would have to see is all right, I'm not complaining from an AB perspective as they have docs that can buff their airborne variety infantry and life unlike riflemen for Armor and Infantry, which is sorely where its lacking.  Though I will agree with you on the lack of cool, but hey I think the rangers are the coolest thing I need as US, aside from that much needed Sherman Jumbo.. *hint hint*  Grin

And on the British infantry, yeah I run a very good British company, but don't forget all upgrades are currently broken, so no brens or riflenades... the only weapons to use now are tommy recons, which aren't bad but that's the only british infantry with any sort of special weapon currently, and who really dont have a problem against a Terror company since everyone can snipe.  US perspective is a much different story, just like how PE a lot consider to be a bit UP compared to Wehr.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2009, 02:30:09 pm »

And on the British infantry, yeah I run a very good British company, but don't forget all upgrades are currently broken, so no brens or riflenades...
The hell no, only upgrades for canadian infantry are broken, Infantry sections can use them just fine.

And the current version of Improved rifling makes them still good, if not very good.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:32:15 pm by EliteGren » Logged
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2009, 02:33:46 pm »

Ahhh, well then Cads then, thanks for the correction.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2009, 07:32:05 pm »

mgallun, tryout PE.
it is fun to play.

i have a standard wehr account, i would use PE if they had the normal panzer4..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc