Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:45:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some n00b questions :)  (Read 5873 times)
Trioke Offline
EIR Regular

« on: February 16, 2010, 07:36:56 pm »

Hey guys, just had two games and they were quite fun. Won one, lost the other, but all's fair in love and way Grin. Anywho, here's my questions:
1) What are SP's for? I know they're supply points, but what do you do with them after you purchase them with PP's?
2) Any way to "save" the current status of your battalion so that if they get wiped out after a match, I don't have to scratch my head and guess as to how the battalion was setup before the game?
3) What do Airborne Medics do? Clicking on the Triage Center icon doesn't seem to do anything.
4) Is it possible figure out before you click on a call-in how long it'll take for it to get to the field?

There's actually a few more questions that slipped my mind, but I might remember them in a bit, and I'll ask them when I remember them Smiley.

And to the devs: Thanks for the cool mod! It's a blast so far Wink.

bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 07:44:08 pm »

Welcome to EIR

1. SP are for vetting up your units. If you look at the vet box you will see that every unit requires SP at vet 2 and vet 3. When you gain enough experience on the unit you will be able to purchase vet with SP.

2. Currently there is no way to save your battalion, but it will be something we will look into in the distant future when we are done with our current things.

3. Airborne Medics are for healing. You basically just click the button once to set it down. If you click it again it will pack up, and you will have to wait for a while before being able to set it down again.

4. There's no way to figure out, but each call in will add 4 seconds to your next call in.

jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 07:45:15 pm »

1) What are SP's for? SPs purchase veterancy for your units after they have reached the necessary XP requirement. Some units cost more SPs to vet up than others, for instance heavy tanks and elite infantry.
2) Any way to "save" the current status of your battalion so that if they get wiped out after a match Currently there is no way to do this. I used to just write mine down on a piece of paper. That always seems to work.
3) What do Airborne Medics do? I do not know much because I haven't played Airborne in EIR but they act like Triage Centers that can be set up and moved around.
4) Is it possible figure out before you click on a call-in how long it'll take for it to get to the field? The more platoons you have brought on the longer subsequent platoons will take to arrive.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:43:28 pm »

I feel responsible for this.

Trioke Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 10:42:36 pm »

Thanks for the replies guys Smiley. And I just remembered another thing:
If I only have CoH (none of the expansions), then am I limited to only using Americans or Wermachts in this mod?

Also, is there a thread or doc with all the stats for the units in the mod?

Quote from: Computer991
I feel responsible for this.
Better docs do help... Perhaps set up a Wiki?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:45:13 pm by Trioke » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 11:50:40 pm »

you can use the other doctrines, but you wont be able to build anything nor use any special abilities i believe

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 11:59:36 pm »

We try to maintain the stats of vcoh units. It is only on rare occasions when vcoh game mechanics don't transfer over to the EIR environment that we actually change something. Most of the change will either come from either vet or the upcoming doctrines.
Trioke Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 01:15:22 pm »

Okay, here's an "interesting" question. If I recrew, say, an enemy AT gun with a rifleman squad, and the AT gun gains EXP from tank kills, will the go towards the original squad once the game is over, or will that EXP simply "not apply" because that AT gun wasn't part of my original Battalion, and thus not being tracked?

Now a permutation on the above question:
If I recrew my own AT gun instead of an enemy AT gun, will the AT squad the AT gun belonged to get the EXP of the AT gun kills? I'm going to assume that's not the case, but I'm not too sure how the EXP mechanics of EiR works.

Lastly, retreating squads do not get EXP, correct? For example, if I throw a grenade, and then immediately retreat, and the grenade explodes a second later killing an enemy squad, the rifleman squad that threw the grenade but is now retreating will not get the kill EXP, right? I'm pretty sure this is the case with vCoH mechanics, so I'm just double checking if this is true for EiR as well.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 01:53:27 pm »

Okay, here's an "interesting" question. If I recrew, say, an enemy AT gun with a rifleman squad, and the AT gun gains EXP from tank kills, will the go towards the original squad once the game is over, or will that EXP simply "not apply" because that AT gun wasn't part of my original Battalion, and thus not being tracked?

If I recrew my own AT gun instead of an enemy AT gun, will the AT squad the AT gun belonged to get the EXP of the AT gun kills? I'm going to assume that's not the case, but I'm not too sure how the EXP mechanics of EiR works.

Lastly, retreating squads do not get EXP, correct? For example, if I throw a grenade, and then immediately retreat, and the grenade explodes a second later killing an enemy squad, the rifleman squad that threw the grenade but is now retreating will not get the kill EXP, right? I'm pretty sure this is the case with vCoH mechanics, so I'm just double checking if this is true for EiR as well.

1. I don't really know. But as far as i can tell the original squad won't get the exp as they became to different sqauds and only one part stays the original squad.

2. No.

3. I'm unsure about that, can't really tell, think it's the same as vCoH.

Wnb 1337 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 04:52:02 pm »

1. Um, im not quite sure about this so i think im gonna skip without making false statements Tongue

2. I may have sometimes tried to experience it myself, but i really cannot remember what was the final state of my.. "Experiments". And if i remember correctly, you could "over supply" your company basicly by recrewing the enemies/air dropped weapons, and then retreating them

3. Im quite sure, that they do.. Im not saying this 100% sure but i think i have done this a few times..

I dont think that there was anything helpful in my message xD

We Stack for Defeat!
We play for PP!
Trioke Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 04:59:33 pm »

Heh, it looks like my latest 3 questions are "too technical", perhaps only the devs can answer some of those questions Tongue.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 05:01:11 pm »

You don't get exp in any of those cases.
Trioke Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 12:01:34 am »

You don't get exp in any of those cases.
Nice and succinct, thanks Smiley.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc