Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 11:58:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

by Bear
[Today at 11:19:41 am]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reset & Patch 0.7.3 released!  (Read 44223 times)
pernik Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2010, 01:33:15 pm »

Can't, EIRRmod is prolly still sleepin'  Grin

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 01:36:39 pm »

Well obviously the high skilled players are the ones who stomp and the low skill players are the ones who get stomped.

Remember it takes skill to stomp.

It takes no skill to stomp when you only play stacked games.... Interesting you are the first person to respond to this statement. And you just happen to have a 2:1 ratio.

Perhaps you could post some replays of you stomping against some high level players.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 01:58:32 pm »

Well obviously the high skilled players are the ones who stomp and the low skill players are the ones who get stomped.

Remember it takes skill to stomp.

everyone forgets that. they make it seem that people go out of their way to stomp noobs. shit is never fun at all and tend to get depressing. a lot of new players tend to be the CPU stomper types. Its like for every 10 players we get 8 or bad 1 ok and maybe 1 good player. You can easily figure out who sticks around longer.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Ambra Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 02:39:30 pm »

This may be slotted for another post but once reset comes, in my estimation, you will see elite or skilled players play ANYONE looking to VET up and gain advantage levels for their units..Once they get what they want you see mostly skilled players only really wanting to play other skilled players...who wants to lose a VET 3 infantry squad to croc or Stag spam by a noob who thinks its cute to field 8 stags in a  row....I see it alot especially when you (meaning me) are on the receiving end of this avoidance...I wont name names but one day after having a series of really bad games...the one person who played with me and got raped due to my lesser abilities..avoided joining or staying on a team with me like the plague....now see i don't really give a fuck...I have come to the conclusion that I will forever and always suck..lol  and it's only by sheer luck or the skill of my teammates if I ever win..but I PLAY TO HAVE FUN.....lets all try to remember that. Stats or prices mean shit to somoene who doesnt know how to use a unit in the first place.

my 2 cents
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2010, 02:42:54 pm »

We'll be removing the win/loss display in the launcher shortly, that's likely going to make a difference.
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 02:51:21 pm »

jag price is fine. In comparison to the KT it is still underpriced. Like many other players have noted, it really preforms superb when fielded by skilled players. Additionally, at vet 2 its AI capabilities increase slightly making it even harder to counter.

With all that said, there is one very important thing to understand with regard to balance. Balance is first and foremost done with the best tactics in mind. This statement disregards who is a "skilled player" and who is not. In other words, any player can use a unit effectively, we are concerned with how said units are used; hence, tactics.

Final note, if you take a vanilla jag this "nerf" might seem excessive (tank). However, when you consider the fact that the jag will often be buffed significantly from doctrines, this so called "nerf" inevitably becomes a "balance". As someone who has seen the TH doctrine, you have nothing to fear tank. This unit will be well worth its cost and in my opinion is STILL too cost effective.

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2010, 03:08:24 pm »

Ok, You guys have convinced me on who should be calling the balance of the game. I guess the question to that is, who decides who the good players are. If we base that on tourni results, then only 2 people inthis mod should be calling the shots.

The Development team determine who's on the Balance Advice team by people who have alot of experience in vcoh (1v1 Automatch). Then we see if they have been with EIR for a long enough time to have an intimate understand of how the environment works and differs from vCOH. Lastly they need to be able to write constructive posts with content that gives the Dev Team actual advice to discuss and concider.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 03:10:18 pm by bbsmith » Logged

Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2010, 03:50:39 pm »

Gren didnt play alot of 1v1 automatch lolz.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2010, 03:53:26 pm »

I was level 11 and 13 in 1v1 in like 2.301. Wink
Also me and Smokaz were in the top 15 axis in 2v2 At twice.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2010, 03:55:23 pm »

Also me and Smokaz were in the top 15 axis in 2v2 At twice.
Aww Smokey and Grenny 4ever.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2010, 03:56:32 pm »

2v2's for noobs.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2010, 03:57:34 pm »

2vs2 AT was awesome

1vs1 AT was only fun before the OF introduction
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2010, 03:57:59 pm »

Final note, if you take a vanilla jag this "nerf" might seem excessive (tank). However, when you consider the fact that the jag will often be buffed significantly from doctrines, this so called "nerf" inevitably becomes a "balance".

This is a fare statement, but shouldn't the unit be balanced pre doctrine. If the doctrine makes the unit unbalanced, then it should not receive the doctrine buff. I would think it would be much easier to balance it before all the variables of doctrines.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2010, 03:59:13 pm »

We do not balance units bearing in mind potential doctrine abilities, veterancy and whatnot. A unit needs to be balance without and WITH doctrines Smiley. (Hence why we've gone through such extensive balancing periods without doctrines)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2010, 04:03:29 pm »

We do not balance units bearing in mind potential doctrine abilities, veterancy and whatnot. A unit needs to be balance without and WITH doctrines Smiley. (Hence why we've gone through such extensive balancing periods without doctrines)

This is good to hear. It makes the most sense imo.

Unknown, could you confirm if the Jadg received a fuel increase just prior to the tournament. I swear it was you that posted it was done for the tourni and may or may not change after it. I have done a search, but can't find that post.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2010, 04:05:55 pm »

The Jagdpanther did not receive a fuel increase shortly before the tournament.
I think you're mixing it up with the crocodile churchill. Smiley
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2010, 04:08:27 pm »

well....before the tourni I could afford 2, now I can only afford 1.....wuts up with that?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2010, 04:10:47 pm »

You can still afford 2.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2010, 04:41:28 pm »

You can still afford 2.

well........ shut my fucking mouth. I guess I am wrong and I apologize for wasting everybody's time.
The strange thing is; I had a vet 2 once and was trying not to loose it because I knew it would cost more to replace it. I could have sworn this was around the time tournament started.

I guess this old man is just loosing it.

But I still think the jadg should NOT get a fuel increase. MP is fair, but not fuel.
MonthlyMayhem Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2010, 04:43:16 pm »

You can still afford 2.

well........ shut my fucking mouth. I guess I am wrong and I apologize for wasting everybody's time.
The strange thing is; I had a vet 2 once and was trying not to loose it because I knew it would cost more to replace it. I could have sworn this was around the time tournament started.

I guess this old man is just loosing it.

But I still think the jadg should NOT get a fuel increase. MP is fair, but not fuel.
They didn't increase the fuel cost.

aka Maysauze/MrGamenWatch
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc