Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 06:35:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reset & Patch 0.7.3 released!  (Read 44179 times)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2010, 10:35:29 am »

Any chance of bringing back the ability to keep weapons you pick up and retreat? Like if a US player stole a nebel and took it off map and kept it, like in old eir.
What should the axis steal ? The axis support weapons are superior plus allies dont have something like the nebel, unless you want to steal howies and 88's aswell.

It only really benefits allies, fighting USA players that have MG42's and axis mortars is not good for gameplay imo. Its already very risky to drop a schreck during a game, now you have to be carefull with ur MG's/mortars/paks/nebels without a real benefit of being able to capture something usefull yourself.

On the other hand I can see this being fun, mostly for allies, if it was limited to a max of 1. So you can have 1 support weapon from another army in your company.

Will be fun for axis aswell if you can save 1 weapon from your teammate, for example you are playing PE and you pick up/save a MG42 for yourself.

The risk is ofcourse that people can exploit this and get their teammates to give them a support weapon (in a 1v1 or with a smurf acc) so they will always have acces to 1 enemy weapon. This might lead to certain gameplay unintended by the developers. It is the same however if you are good and keep it alive or are able to capture a new ones.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2010, 10:46:16 am »

There werent any real problems with it last time it was in (cept for the resource cheat, but im sure that could be fixed) since the unit would rarely last more then a game. And yeah howies and 88s were stealable from what i remember, ofc that only happened in rape games since youd have to win with it still on the field manned by you. 57mms were good to steal as axis tbh, they destroy allied tanks.

Though now that weapon crews retreat i could see this being a problem.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2010, 10:48:51 am »

I once had 2 88s on my blitz, so yeah it was possible.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2010, 10:57:32 am »

There werent any real problems with it last time it was in (cept for the resource cheat, but im sure that could be fixed) since the unit would rarely last more then a game. And yeah howies and 88s were stealable from what i remember, ofc that only happened in rape games since youd have to win with it still on the field manned by you. 57mms were good to steal as axis tbh, they destroy allied tanks.

Though now that weapon crews retreat i could see this being a problem.

If there's one thing you wouldn't want against a churchil, it's a 57 mm(32 percent chance to penetrate the rear!).
It's also a whole lot worse against the sherman than the pak is...
The pak has a faster gun traverse, so it's better against light vehicles too...
So yeah, 57s aren't something worth stealing ;p.

TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #84 on: February 22, 2010, 11:01:35 am »

Ask my dearest friend wind on how he didn't have to hit a scout car 15 times with an ATG to kill it.

If only the ATG's could hit the scout cars to begin with.

So no, Bob's summation of this problem seems much more accurate from what I saw. Certain scout cars were almost impossible to hit, and managed to dodge 3-4 atg shots in a row at times while moving.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #85 on: February 22, 2010, 11:04:24 am »

What exactly is the scout car mg bug?
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2010, 11:09:14 am »

What exactly is the scout car mg bug?
Scout Car MG is disabled until next patch. Bug found.
Modifiers aren't getting removed when unsetup so it would stack everytime it sets up.
In vcoh they have actions that reset their modifiers in the toggle off ability.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #87 on: February 22, 2010, 11:36:44 am »

Any chance of bringing back the ability to keep weapons you pick up and retreat? Like if a US player stole a nebel and took it off map and kept it, like in old eir.

Lol, you couldn't do that in EiR, and it won't be possible to do it here either. It was only possible if you were from the same faction.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #88 on: February 22, 2010, 11:45:28 am »

Protip: if you lock down your scout car as you are about to take engine damage, it will be gone when you undeploy.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #89 on: February 22, 2010, 11:55:00 am »

Ask my dearest friend wind on how he didn't have to hit a scout car 15 times with an ATG to kill it.

If only the ATG's could hit the scout cars to begin with.

So no, Bob's summation of this problem seems much more accurate from what I saw. Certain scout cars were almost impossible to hit, and managed to dodge 3-4 atg shots in a row at times while moving.

-Wind

But you have to agree that it didn't take you 15+ hitting 57mm shots to kill them(I.E. they didn't have over 2000 health). Which would be the case if the bug bob is talking about were correct.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2010, 12:01:05 pm »

another bug: sapper wire cutter is on the same place as amush. ambush still works when you click it, but it also asks you to cut wire. very odd..
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2010, 12:27:09 pm »

Lol, you couldn't do that in EiR, and it won't be possible to do it here either. It was only possible if you were from the same faction.

Im 99% sure that i had several nebels in my company.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2010, 12:55:14 pm »

It didn't work for nebels and other equipment, it did work for mgs/mortars/howitzers and ATGS.
(Captured mgs became your own team's mg in the war CP)
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2010, 01:10:01 pm »

so when are the other docs unlocking? Smiley

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2010, 01:25:10 pm »

when I say

Common sense is not so common after all.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2010, 04:10:53 pm »

So question, with these two docs released, are there going to be any more resets as the others are released, or is this the last one for a while?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2010, 04:26:38 pm »

apparently theres a reset when all docs are released.
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2010, 06:10:07 pm »

Will we be getting the new launchers after the all the doctrines are in?
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2010, 06:13:15 pm »

As quoted from EIRR himself, there is another reset planned in 6-8 weeks after all doctrines trinkle in, so it's all right to play and not worry about everything being wiped again in a week or so  Grin

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #99 on: February 22, 2010, 07:46:23 pm »

You could do it a long, long time ago. Back when there wasn't a separate EIR Launcher, and then back again some. Before the drag-and-drop company building was even implemented, if my memory is correct.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 07:48:15 pm by acker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc