Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 05:24:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.6 Patch Notes  (Read 62794 times)
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2010, 04:27:44 pm »

you don't see the problem smokaz?  REALLY?  Infantry gets silly range stickies plus buffs to rifles if you choose to go a different route meaning more vet2 rifles easily which means extra range stickies that way in addition to the possibility of ranger support.  Airborne...is AB.  Armor gets...what?  AP rounds is a t4, which is awesome, sure, but forcing people in that direction to have the ability to kill tanks reliably as armor is silly.  It was already necessary to ATG spam when playing as armor doc due to the lack of handheld AT(no buffs to rifles make them highly unreliable, even with zooks, ask Two).  Removing t17 stun makes the unlock a bit useless, I'd rather have an m8 if you take off stun tbh.  Armor get no anti-vehicle buffs til they reach AP rounds, have inferior tanks to Axis, already get carved up by PE AT.  T17 stun was the method used as a deterrent to axis tanks to allow allied tanks to do their job killing infantry or to work in conjunction with tank destroyers to give them a fighting chance vs heavier axis tanks.   Removing this means one American doctrine now lacks what the other 5 allied doctrines have.  Congratulations.

Lets see.

1.  Silly range stickies. Bug that is supposedly fixed, or going to be. Nah, not valid.

like i said before, they get more vet2 rifles as infantry company instead of armor because they get buffs to rifles that armor doesnt get, making it easier to keep alive and vet them.  So yes, the range is there.  I know there was a bug, I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to the vanilla rifles getting vet2 range thru doctrine abilities or the sheer amount of vet2 rifles you can get retardedly easily as infantry(ask aloha of all people...)

2.  Armor has handheld AT now.

Yes, so? Its useless, zooks are trash in the first place, secondly, they are on a shit platform with 0 buffs, thirdly, unlike infantry company, they only get 1 zook not 2...dont pretend spending munitions on zook spamming is viable as armor doc, its not

3.  Didnt give them a fighting chance, it made them rape heavy tanks. AP round will continue to rape just as well without the t17 stun.

Obviously AP rounds rapes tanks.  The rest of that was a separate point.  American tanks are inferior to the axis versions, this is a fact.  Stun evened things up a bit by allowing allied tanks the chance to run away if approached by heavier axis tanks they couldn't handle.

4.  The only thing armor lacks is healing, and airborne gets it fashionably late. Now if Armor didnt have handheld AT OR healing, you might have a point.

see my point on zooks earlier.  Honestly, you're slipping if you seriously think its playable.

5.  57mms are still good as AT. More than good enough to work with a OBM, HE company. Elite runs HE

I'm aware, but vs people that are compentent with their tanks like Wildsolus that fails...You'll never kill off the enemy tanks...no top axis player is gonna run into an ATG, its scout, mortar, then push, kite rifles, then deal with the support weapons, end of position...

6. Yes, you'd rather have m8s because they have always been better than t17s at fighting other light armor and tanks. Suddendly you have to make a choice instead of having the best of both worlds, more AT capability on my light vehicle or a pure AI light vehicle? Jesus perhaps you'd see both the m8 and the t17 in the same company now.. what a drag?

Finally, I'd rather have m8s than t17s now because now they both fill the same role.  Killing infantry.  And the m8 is better at that role + comes with a mine than the t17 when mounted with an mg.  

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #101 on: March 15, 2010, 04:28:07 pm »

lol, people in OMG cried when i did that, seems like some people are starting to cry here too.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #102 on: March 15, 2010, 04:29:07 pm »

Drive in pop it in camo shoot, retreat rinse and repeat. It is kinda abusing ability, I think it should stand still for- 5 secs until it can cloak? Pretty much like a PAK once it fires once...something like that

Ye, should be same for all cloak vehicles, make it like the Hetzer cloak, or make the Hetzer cloak like the Hellcat cloak.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #103 on: March 15, 2010, 04:30:08 pm »

Fact is you pay 500 fuel for a panther and it can be taken out by two m10s, or two cloaked hellcats can literally neuter it.

sure, if you're a moron with your panther...if you're using something that costs that much, you shouldn't be using it to solo things...
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #104 on: March 15, 2010, 04:33:39 pm »

Dont leave out the fact that american armor buffs its supporting rifles now. Sticky range is a t3 that gives you something you can get with vet.. I'd never get because I'd just get the vet instead.

Zooks are NOT trash. They are flanking weapons. People seem to understand this with grenades and flamers, but for some reason having to flank with a bazooka squad is unbearable. Zooks get bonuses for flanking.

M8 mg is prone to being lost rather easily at half health etc. T17 will keep using its AI weapon until the end. There are tradeoffs, which is a good thing. But its a great vehicle, I played with M8 spam 2 wars ago.. OBM. It was pretty good.

The american TD's are not inferior. Stats-wise they have either great damage or a powerful cloak ability. They are cheaper and can take less of a punch. Is the underlying point here that you want a american panther, crazy? Then you'd have to dish out the fuel for it. There's no surprise in companies designed to eliminate support weps and fight lights with medium tanks does good against it. Perhaps you should get a pershing then if you want to fight medium tank spam.

As for player x does this or player y does that.. you just have to figure out a way to win the mortar war then I guess. It has nothing to do with armor being weak.

Im gonna leave it at that. T17 stun change might still be reverted, since the change is now being tested.. to the dismay of some players I understand.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:36:21 pm by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2010, 04:35:53 pm »

Zooks are NOT trash. They are flanking weapons. People seem to understand this with grenades and flamers, but for some reason having to flank with a bazooka squad is unbearable. Zooks get bonuses for flanking.

I've noticed this too, people RUSH their zook blob IN FRONT OF a tank and except to boom it. Nuh won't work.

Shoot in its ass. 4 Zooks can nearly INSTA KILL a Hetzer from rear...

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2010, 04:36:46 pm »

zooks are flanking weapons? what player is gonna leave his tank open to a 'zook flank'. how is it even worth it to use them like that? if anything, the zooks you buy should be used defensively when a PE player pushes you or a light wehr vehicle. yea they rape panthers and p4's with rear shots but.....c'mon smokaz. people understand grenades and flamers are great for flanking because they are shooting support weapons/other infantry not something that is much more armored.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2010, 04:39:58 pm »

What player is going to leave his MG to be flanked? Or his 88 to be mortar smoked and rushed? Or his mines detected and disabled.. or his p4 trying to circle a 57mm stickied? You're arguing the player not the units

IMO zooks are more "flankier" than most weapons since they directly benefit stats-wise from flanking. It should be considered THE flank handheld AT weapon
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 04:42:54 pm by Smokaz » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2010, 04:49:18 pm »

With all this whining on stun being removed I don't quite understand how some people managed before TOV vehicles were introduced  Smiley.
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2010, 04:51:17 pm »

With all this whining on stun being removed I don't quite understand how some people managed before TOV vehicles were introduced  Smiley.

Can you imagine the whining if we had gone with your idea unknown? Wink Cheesy
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2010, 04:51:23 pm »

you're making zooks out to be amazing smokaz...... why?
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2010, 04:57:04 pm »

Can you imagine the whining if we had gone with your idea unknown? Wink Cheesy

Yea fml lol.

Let's not get personal on this guys, start a flamewar and you'll get burned.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2010, 04:59:12 pm »

Yah I've been stomping with my 1-1 win ratio..  Roll Eyes

Your arguments so far are kinda lackluster. You say if player x does this you cant do anything. Its a endless stream of new scenarios that can be conjured up. Then you say I suck for disagreeing. (Hmm where have I seen this before?) I've said this is a good patch, I've said I think the british staghound was a good change. T17 stun I have no opinion on because I dont have any discussion on it to refer to. Which perhaps points to a ninja change by the devs. But I can't just agree that without the stun, armor AT is fucked. What is the american player doing between recharge then, before this patch? Waiting for more T17s to arrive?
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2010, 05:02:57 pm »

guys you dont use zooks vs tanks with skirts. pretty simple imo

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2010, 05:04:49 pm »

From the front at least.

I cant understand why people think the bazooka suck.. when you flank with it. Its uber cheap, it comes on cheap or powerful squads.. it has possible doctrine choices affecting it for infantry. I guess shreks suck cause they miss when shooting t17s at range/moving.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2010, 05:09:26 pm »

Did you not read wilds post smokaz? 

I disagree with the price change on the stag, but agree with the mg change.  Thats not the topic atm though. 

Also, when the t17 stun was on cooldown, I either fell back, asked for extra AT from my teammate, or called in more AT. 

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2010, 05:10:10 pm »

From the front at least.

I cant understand why people think the bazooka suck.. when you flank with it. Its uber cheap, it comes on cheap or powerful squads.. it has possible doctrine choices affecting it for infantry. I guess shreks suck cause they miss when shooting t17s at range/moving.
yeah basically thats what i mean. or..anybody outthere other than *censored* facing rangers with the rear of a p4?

+ zooks on vet3 rifles men (which are very easy to get (look at computers ami company))
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2010, 05:12:10 pm »

Did you not read wilds post smokaz? 

I disagree with the price change on the stag, but agree with the mg change.  Thats not the topic atm though. 

Also, when the t17 stun was on cooldown, I either fell back, asked for extra AT from my teammate, or called in more AT. 

'lol exactly! you exactly knew no axis tank on the field could to shit because u'd just stun it! cmon, dont you get it?
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2010, 05:15:54 pm »

Oh come on aloha, it was a on a long cooldown and had 2 uses the entire game, no matter how long it lived.  Its not hard to coordinate pushes with your tanks with some alternative AT as well to scare off the supporting allied AT...
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2010, 05:17:56 pm »

From the front at least.

Single zook riflemen are not 5 pop.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc