Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:07:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [SE] P4 IST moving lockdown  (Read 10979 times)
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 09:09:44 am »

I used to feel the IST was worthless, but I've seen to many games where it locks down and then proceeds to continue hauling ass after whatever is trying to get away. When it's active, the gun fires faster than an Ostwind, and does incredibly more splash. For an uber ability like that it should definitely not be faster than infantry.

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 09:18:12 am »

Thou practice the black arts of necromancy?

dude... 4 months? come on man

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Eyeseeyou Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 09:30:36 am »

I have seen this ability ingame, It's way too powerful, kills infantry and atgs faster than firestorm. It also manages to always kill retreating infantry.
Wnb 1337 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 10:41:13 am »

LOL
this is just what i thought about it when i had read the SE doctorine update, thought its more fun to use, rather than OP and stoof =)

We Stack for Defeat!
We play for PP!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 01:17:46 pm »

I have seen this ability ingame, It's way too powerful, kills infantry and atgs faster than firestorm. It also manages to always kill retreating infantry.

Both american and brits have many ways to make sure a IST never reaches your atg

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 01:22:48 pm »

i think same kind of ap round against LV's for IST will be nice. LV's usually cant damage IST, so it will be actually inf support ability.
I think for now its just a heavily profiled unit like a rangers with SMG's (i mean use it for right job) and it can rocks.

The description in the launcher says that the PZIV IST will move at half speed with Scorched earth moblie platform lockdown, but the modifier in the game file is .70, meaning it only suffer a 30% penalty in max speed.

Fixing it and adding APRvsLVs will be fine i think.

Senseless and ruthless.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2010, 01:38:25 pm »

if i remember correctly, the ist speed is actually bugged on lock down, its supposed to be a lower number, i know i read/heard that somewhere, but anyway. I never really have issues with these things, like gamesguy said, they're kinda slow and if u can't get away when they're at half speed, then u messed up. TBH, its really only effective against blobs at times and if you're blobbing, then you're making a mistake in the first place.  I can be an incendiary ist at vet 3 with two vet 0 rangers, i've done it many times before, you just gotta move, u can't try to go toe to toe with it, much like facing the old heat round p4.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2010, 02:04:16 pm »

Gamesguy actually purposefully made it 0.7 speed since he deemed 0.5 to make the ability crap. Yes, I'm being fairly blunt about it.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2010, 03:39:12 pm »

Yea not the only thing Gamesguy did to 'balance' the game
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2010, 03:42:00 pm »

lmao this has only been brought up again because of me.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2010, 03:48:21 pm »

Gamesguy actually purposefully made it 0.7 speed since he deemed 0.5 to make the ability crap. Yes, I'm being fairly blunt about it.

so he makes the ability OP because he thought .5 would actually make it just good instead of great :|
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2010, 03:48:56 pm »

lmao this has only been brought up again because of me.

uglysori.. nuth said

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 05:56:24 pm »

Why?  Currently the IST underperforms compared to the much cheaper ostwind with no doctrine abilities buffing the ostwind.  Can your infantry run away from an ostwind?  No.  Then why should they be able to run away from an IST that has 10 less range and with a t3 buffing it?

ISTs are prone to being stickied because it only has 30 range, most tanks have 40 range.  In addition, there are no other tanks that require lock down to become effective.

There are no tanks other than the IST that relies on short range auto-cannons.  Ostwind has 40 range.

Currently it's very easy to run away from a locked down IST.  Go around corners and through cover.  Infantry have 3 speed, IST only 3.5 speed.  But infantry don't slow down running through cover or around corners, where as the IST does.   And once you get outside of its firing range, it ain't going to catch up with only 0.5 speed advantage.

The mobile platforms T3 and the IST in general is still weak atm.
ostwind might have a higher DPS ceiling at close range, but the default pziv IST is way better at long range(shorter it might be). The main reason i only have one pziv ist is because you just need scout car, armored car and infantry to counter AB RR.
Against zooka, atg, and sticky, the pziv ist are just as good as most tank if not better.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 06:09:14 pm by Firesparks » Logged

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 06:14:51 pm »

Um, ive actually grown to like this ability since the 4 months that I started this post.

Bear in mind, it was a replay (shoutcast 7 i think) that prompted me to write this, and that was back when the unit had bugs or something. idk.

Its fine now tbh.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 09:19:36 pm »

The moving locked-down IST is a great ward for handheld AT but it's still food for M10s and ATGs.

VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 04:04:04 am »

I was speaking from Brit experience strictly, as button is not always reliable. Whereas a sticky is almost 100% and permanently disabling, the button ability is often broken or the squad is killed before it becomes effective, and as soon as it's broken the tank is completely fine again. At ridiculously close ranges it is OP vs. heavies (complete blackout/disablement) but in the case of Axis supporting units, it's merely suicide for a tommy squad.

And yes, I revived an "old" thread. Problem ID'd in March, 4 months later zero progress. Simple dynamic.

The issue is the vanilla IST is shit, and the T3 IST is OP. It's not that we need to remove the movement completely, but both "versions" of IST need to fall somewhere between the current extremes.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 05:04:12 am »

Be quiet level system abuser.

Zero progress because I think you will find the outcome was that nothing needed to be done. Even groundfire has said that, and he started the thread. Go boost your levels some more.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:18:36 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2010, 09:08:39 am »

Be quiet level system abuser.

Zero progress because I think you will find the outcome was that nothing needed to be done. Even groundfire has said that, and he started the thread. Go boost your levels some more.
Wink quality advice there

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2010, 07:57:48 pm »

Hmm, I'll continue to grind out battles with whoever is available in order to simply experience the various factions of EIRR if that's what you mean.

I'm not sure how accusing me of spamming games in a completely grindfest mod is some kind of insult...
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2010, 08:19:56 am »

That's not what you do at all. Playing a 5 minute battle and then winning or whatever with the same 3 other guys is what you do, in order to grind up your levels quickly. Which is an abuse.

Edit - Meh, I was annoyed at the time because although I do find it unfair that you were able to rapidly up your levels, there is no need for me to be mean and condescending. Apologies Smiley
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:15:30 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc