Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 07:14:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: What is your favorite tank in EIR?
PIV - 5 (6.7%)
PIV stubby - 0 (0%)
Stug - 6 (8%)
Ostwind - 1 (1.3%)
Panther - 5 (6.7%)
Tiger - 17 (22.7%)
King Tiger - 3 (4%)
Jagpanzer - 3 (4%)
Stuart - 0 (0%)
Churchill - 1 (1.3%)
Churchill Crocodile - 3 (4%)
Churchill AVRE - 0 (0%)
Cromwell - 3 (4%)
Firefly - 1 (1.3%)
Hotchkiss - 2 (2.7%)
Sherman - 3 (4%)
Upgun Sherman - 6 (8%)
M10 - 2 (2.7%)
Pershing - 9 (12%)
Crocodile Sherman - 1 (1.3%)
Hellcat - 2 (2.7%)
Hetzer - 0 (0%)
STUH - 0 (0%)
Marder - 1 (1.3%)
Geshutzwagon - 0 (0%)
Tetrarch - 1 (1.3%)
Total Voters: 73

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Tank In EIR (doesn't have to be the best)  (Read 25585 times)
C0redian Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2010, 08:42:47 am »

MEH? Poland was the only country who was talking about preventing atack on germany, but the rest of allies pussied out we hold almost as long as france which had even forces to germany.

Anyway get some facts (source english wiki)

Nazi propaganda
There are several common misconceptions regarding the Polish September Campaign, often resulting from myths perpetrated by Nazi propaganda.

* Myth: The Polish Army fought German tanks with horse-mounted cavalry wielding lances and swords.

Polish cavalry never charged German tanks or entrenched infantry or artillery, but usually acted as mobile infantry (like dragoons) and reconnaissance units and executed cavalry charges only in rare situations against foot soldiers. Other armies (including German and Soviet) also fielded and extensively used elite horse cavalry units at that time. Polish cavalry consisted of eleven brigades, as emphasized by its military doctrine, equipped with anti tank rifles "UR" and light artillery such as the highly effective Bofors 37 mm antitank gun. The myth originated from a German propaganda portrayal of the battle of Krojanty, where a Polish cavalry brigade was fired upon in ambush by hidden armored vehicles, after it had mounted a sabre-charge against German infantry.[Note 7][80]

* Myth: The Polish air force was destroyed on the ground in the first days of the war.

The Polish Air Force, though numerically inferior, had been moved from air bases to small camouflaged airfields shortly before the war. Only some trainers and auxiliary aircraft were destroyed on the ground. The Polish Air Force, significantly outnumbered and with its fighters outmatched by more advanced German fighters, remained active up to the second week of the campaign, inflicting significant damage on the Luftwaffe.[81] The Luftwaffe lost, to all operational causes, 285 aircraft, with 279 more damaged, while the Poles lost 333 aircraft.[82]

* Myth: Poland offered little resistance and surrendered quickly.

Germany sustained relatively heavy losses, especially in vehicles and planes: Poland cost the Germans approximately the equipment of an entire armored division and 25% of its air strength.[83] As for duration, the September Campaign lasted only about one week less than the Battle of France in 1940, even though the Anglo-French forces were much closer to parity with the Germans in numerical strength and equipment.[Note 8] Furthermore, the Polish Army was preparing the Romanian Bridgehead, which would have prolonged Polish defence, but this plan was cancelled due to the Soviet invasion of Poland on 17 September 1939.[84] Poland also never officially surrendered to the Germans. Under German occupation, the Polish army continued to fight underground, as Armia Krajowa and forest partisans – Leśni. The Polish resistance movement in World War II in German-occupied Poland was the largest resistance movement in all of occupied Europe.[85]

Hitler reviews troops in Warsaw, October 5, 1939

* Myth: Blitzkrieg was first used in Poland.

It is often assumed that blitzkrieg is the strategy that Germany first used in Poland. Many early postwar histories, such as Barrie Pitt's in The Second World War (BPC Publishing 1966), attribute German victory to "enormous development in military technique which occurred between 1918 and 1940", citing that "Germany, who translated (British inter-war) theories into action… called the result Blitzkrieg." This idea has been repudiated by some authors. Matthew Cooper writes: "Throughout the Polish Campaign, the employment of the mechanized units revealed the idea that they were intended solely to ease the advance and to support the activities of the infantry…. Thus, any strategic exploitation of the armoured idea was still-born. The paralysis of command and the breakdown of morale were not made the ultimate aim of the … German ground and air forces, and were only incidental by-products of the traditional manoeuvers of rapid encirclement and of the supporting activities of the flying artillery of the Luftwaffe, both of which had as their purpose the physical destruction of the enemy troops. Such was the Vernichtungsgedanke of the Polish campaign."[33] Vernichtungsgedanke was a strategy dating back to Frederick the Great, and was applied in the Polish Campaign little changed from the French campaigns in 1870 or 1914. The use of tanks "left much to be desired...Fear of enemy action against the flanks of the advance, fear which was to prove so disastrous to German prospects in the west in 1940 and in the Soviet Union in 1941, was present from the beginning of the war.""[33] John Ellis, writing in Brute Force asserted that "…there is considerable justice in Matthew Cooper's assertion that the panzer divisions were not given the kind of strategic (emphasis in original) mission that was to characterize authentic armoured blitzkrieg, and were almost always closely subordinated to the various mass infantry armies."[86] Zaloga and Madej, in The Polish Campaign 1939, also address the subject of mythical interpretations of Blitzkrieg and the importance of other arms in the campaign. "Whilst Western accounts of the September campaign have stressed the shock value of the panzers and Stuka attacks, they have tended to underestimate the punishing effect of German artillery (emphasis added) on Polish units. Mobile and available in significant quantity, artillery shattered as many units as any other branch of the Wehrmacht."

Next time when you insult my country get proper fact you nazi scum.
C0redian Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2010, 08:46:44 am »

Poland should've taken the iniative and attacked first instead of camping like little faggots tbh

Yeah because france didn't camped behind maginot line...

why you have to piss me off with this crap before my holidays, pff bye.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2010, 08:47:37 am »

MEH? Poland was the only country who was talking about preventing atack on germany, but the rest of allies pussied out we hold almost as long as france which had even forces to germany.
no u

byebye

id say jagd but its shitty vs inf -> not that cool
so 4-repair-pershings ftw!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:58:19 am by aloha622 » Logged

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2010, 08:52:22 am »

Get back on topic guys.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2010, 08:56:13 am »

O4b's vet 3 pershings.

They are so rape.

They 1 shot all my squads.

Sad

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2010, 08:57:29 am »

Mine > o4b's  Angry

Pershings are amazing but I still much prefer the sexy tiger.
Also love p4s and shermans.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2010, 08:57:47 am »

Poland should've taken the iniative and attacked first instead of camping like little faggots tbh

Agreed. Poland is like the France of Eastern Europe... btw no one likes the french LOL

Also I like the sherman croc because it combines mobility, a bit of toughness and a shitton of firepower (literally). Plus its the perfect support for RR AB

Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2010, 08:58:45 am »

Mine > o4b's  Angry.

Yours didn't kill all my vet.

Undecided
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2010, 08:59:34 am »

This just shows that the tiger needs some buff lovin' it's winning the poll but people never take them.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
TheArea Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2010, 09:01:44 am »

[/quote]

Yeh!

Wiki is the source of all knowledge.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2010, 09:01:49 am »

The Panzer Ace T3 is more than enough loving for the Tiger
And heat rounds getting the much needed buffs will help too.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2010, 09:02:02 am »

it doesnt
the tiger itself is fine
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2010, 09:26:41 am »

It is true I'm afraid, a lot of people LIKE the tiger for...well its big ass infantry support tank that became famous during WW2 but yeaaahh I don't think it is all too great in Company of Heroes just like everyone says, its a big nonskirted slow P4 that costs some extra pop and resources

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2010, 09:44:30 am »

The T3 buffs for the tiger don't give it much more bonus. the Commander helps the sight and stuff but the 0.65 isn't as fantastic as it seems.
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2010, 09:46:53 am »

sight buffs are huge
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2010, 09:58:03 am »

Anyway get some facts (source english wiki)

Nazi propaganda

Hello Draken!

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2010, 09:59:03 am »

why so excited?
BigDick
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2010, 12:22:56 pm »

why are some ppl allowed to troll around using forums smurfs and me not?  Cry Cry Cry

tiger discussion:

yes it was a famous tank in WW2 but in eirr ist just meh...while armor gives many buffs to the overall better pershing the tiger is something that did not pay off mostly

imho ists a shitty tank and i would take 2xP4 instead of one tiger
and AB doc isn't even in when its in the tiger is even more useless
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2010, 02:52:23 pm »

Bit off-topic, but considering the strategic errors that Poland made (the positioning of their troops in an exposed, cut off position rather than behind a very nice north-south river they had available) the fact that they held out as long as they did is nothing short of miraculous and indicative of the highest order of bravery among the Polish troops.

The French held on much longer than their strategic situation would indicate as well. Something to think about is how the British fleeing at Dunkirk was considered a miracle, but the French army fighting on from a tactically and strategically untenable position for some weeks afterwards is considered "cowardly surrender". Just shows how biased history can be when it's written by the victors, even about their own "team".

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2010, 05:00:18 pm »

Well, if the French and British Armies too the offensive while Poland was holding off the Germans, the war would have been over before it started. Germany's resources were pretty much used up by the time they "claimed" victory over Poland. All that the French had to do was go on the attack, which they didn't.

The French held on much longer than their strategic situation would indicate as well. Something to think about is how the British fleeing at Dunkirk was considered a miracle, but the French army fighting on from a tactically and strategically untenable position for some weeks afterwards is considered "cowardly surrender". Just shows how biased history can be when it's written by the victors, even about their own "team".

It's usually the American's claiming the French, Polish and the other European nations that feel to Germany before 1941 as cowardly and surrender happy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc