Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 09:24:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Doctor Lai Diagnostics thread  (Read 12130 times)
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 08:48:57 am »

Dear Dr. Lai,

If your exams finish this friday, I'm convinced that the decision whether or not to grant yourself time to play some EIRR will ultimately prove whether or not you have moved on completely from useless hobby #1 "gaming". Okay, useless at least for 99% of people who enjoy it.

Further it will lend support to the theory that you have discovered that just being randomly social at the internet (Trolling EIRR forums with a nice badge for example) is more enjoyable and doesn't steal so much capability and attention from your vast intellect.

Thus it stands in your mind that the previous EIRR commitment that for a short and unorganized period in your life stole so much time from you, was keeping back your Einstein-like monster brain from becoming all ex-gamers on a global basis very own Doctor House.

The most convincing reply from you on whether or not to play some EIRR would be "I am worried about being unable to control the amount of time I use on it if I go back", revealing to me a great chance that you somehow you still waste time on some kind of primitive game to keep your sickness in check, and that you're deep inside denying yourself something you want, feigning maturity and responsibility to the public.

In opposition to this I hold the most likely comment, some laish comment unrelated to anything at all, either trolling some attention into your Me-Bank or fooling some of the lesser minds into releasing a tirade of information that you ultimately browse through with a bored grin, but at least somewhere behind a monitor somewhere a small insignificant wasp sting was given to you.

As a absurd and very unlikely reply I present the last alternative, that you admit you are bored of EIRR and gaming, claiming it has no sway over you, identifying you partly as affected by what the 2nd paragraph above this one theorizes, but the revelation also having a side-effect of limp dick effect on everyone interested in your sweet little posts as they start to feel you are not one of them, have stopped wanting to be a part of their interest and are playing them for fools in some kind of twisted, but ultimately useless game beyond granting you entertainment that easily could be matched much in much easier ways.

Lastly if you still play EIRR sooner or later someone will sniff you out, renew your interest by instant rise in love for you as a person and player, and thus destroy your preparations for becoming-doctor related tasks.

I've noticed a hostile tone from you since a couple of months back. It could have started at the time of the aloha fallout. Not sure what prompted this change, but I have my theories yet none of them seem important enough to upset you. If I've offended you I apologize for it.

For those who misunderstand my general posting, I'd like a few minutes to explain. The nick "Lai" does not reflect me or my personality very well; it's more of an iconic entity that's formed during my 3+ years here. Like many iconic figures (more the comical ones) I'm associated with mannerisms such as being a busybody, neologisms, gimmicky behaviour etc. This development has been gradual. In the beginning I was a serious poster like many others who once were new here but I came to the conclusion that being overly serious nets frustration (see balance forums). Thus I changed to the "keeping it light and funny camp" (trolls, if you want) who are in a way beneficial for the community health. I'm not claiming my actions to be altruistic; I enjoy fooling around, and in a way I feel a twisted sense of responsibility pertaining to my iconic status here. Yet, I'm not alone in this. APEX was an iconic figure complete with his mannerisms and so are you, Smokaz. It isn't really something one chooses and you may now want it, but most would agree with me on this. You can't resist the dark side, Smokaz.

Gaming has not been a useless activity for me. A significant portion of my english has stemmed from it. While that may not be true now, internet in general and posting prompts me to seek and learn new words still. I also believe that gaming is good for ones visuospatial, analytic ability and for making split-second decisions. Even if my exams end I won't have enough time to play EIR as I need to study up for my summer job. I want to be good at what I do which is a general characteristic of me that applies even to my hobbies. It's fine if many of you disagree with this mentality. The treshold that is my rustiness and metagame guards me from playing EIR at this point in time. However, I don't doubt that I can be a top player again. I've survived every metagame change I've encounterd and my general mechanics have always been well-balanced. I still play games when I have time, L4D2 for example, that gets you in action quickly. If EIR would grow big enough for a good automatch system that doesn't require much more than assembling your elite stack and hit "GO!" in a way that directly takes you into deploying units in-game would respark my interest almost completely. I've also taken an interest in the future with consoles with built-in advanced motion detectors. Few things stimulates me as games of various kinds do.

As for still sticking around, my reason is as simple as it's a habit to of mine to come here (something not entirely foreign to amny. I don't see myself as a genious, I actually do have to put in a lot of time in studying. Last semester I think I dedicated 60-65h per week to school most of the time. I believe that I'm smarter than the average person but intelligence is relative to the environment you're in. In comparison to my colleagues I'm not very special.

Regarding this thread: I see it as an opportunity to revise and learn. Having a specific question when reading has a higher retention rate than not having it for me.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 09:15:29 am »

Dear Dr. Lai,

If your exams finish this friday, I'm convinced that the decision whether or not to grant yourself time to play some EIRR will ultimately prove whether or not you have moved on completely from useless hobby #1 "gaming". Okay, useless at least for 99% of people who enjoy it.

Further it will lend support to the theory that you have discovered that just being randomly social at the internet (Trolling EIRR forums with a nice badge for example) is more enjoyable and doesn't steal so much capability and attention from your vast intellect.

Thus it stands in your mind that the previous EIRR commitment that for a short and unorganized period in your life stole so much time from you, was keeping back your Einstein-like monster brain from becoming all ex-gamers on a global basis very own Doctor House.

The most convincing reply from you on whether or not to play some EIRR would be "I am worried about being unable to control the amount of time I use on it if I go back", revealing to me a great chance that you somehow you still waste time on some kind of primitive game to keep your sickness in check, and that you're deep inside denying yourself something you want, feigning maturity and responsibility to the public.

In opposition to this I hold the most likely comment, some laish comment unrelated to anything at all, either trolling some attention into your Me-Bank or fooling some of the lesser minds into releasing a tirade of information that you ultimately browse through with a bored grin, but at least somewhere behind a monitor somewhere a small insignificant wasp sting was given to you.

As a absurd and very unlikely reply I present the last alternative, that you admit you are bored of EIRR and gaming, claiming it has no sway over you, identifying you partly as affected by what the 2nd paragraph above this one theorizes, but the revelation also having a side-effect of limp dick effect on everyone interested in your sweet little posts as they start to feel you are not one of them, have stopped wanting to be a part of their interest and are playing them for fools in some kind of twisted, but ultimately useless game beyond granting you entertainment that easily could be matched much in much easier ways.

Lastly if you still play EIRR sooner or later someone will sniff you out, renew your interest by instant rise in love for you as a person and player, and thus destroy your preparations for becoming-doctor related tasks.

I've noticed a hostile tone from you since a couple of months back. It could have started at the time of the aloha fallout. Not sure what prompted this change, but I have my theories yet none of them seem important enough to upset you. If I've offended you I apologize for it.

For those who misunderstand my general posting, I'd like a few minutes to explain. The nick "Lai" does not reflect me or my personality very well; it's more of an iconic entity that's formed during my 3+ years here. Like many iconic figures (more the comical ones) I'm associated with mannerisms such as being a busybody, neologisms, gimmicky behaviour etc. This development has been gradual. In the beginning I was a serious poster like many others who once were new here but I came to the conclusion that being overly serious nets frustration (see balance forums). Thus I changed to the "keeping it light and funny camp" (trolls, if you want) who are in a way beneficial for the community health. I'm not claiming my actions to be altruistic; I enjoy fooling around, and in a way I feel a twisted sense of responsibility pertaining to my iconic status here. Yet, I'm not alone in this. APEX was an iconic figure complete with his mannerisms and so are you, Smokaz. It isn't really something one chooses and you may now want it, but most would agree with me on this. You can't resist the dark side, Smokaz.

Gaming has not been a useless activity for me. A significant portion of my english has stemmed from it. While that may not be true now, internet in general and posting prompts me to seek and learn new words still. I also believe that gaming is good for ones visuospatial, analytic ability and for making split-second decisions. Even if my exams end I won't have enough time to play EIR as I need to study up for my summer job. I want to be good at what I do which is a general characteristic of me that applies even to my hobbies. It's fine if many of you disagree with this mentality. The treshold that is my rustiness and metagame guards me from playing EIR at this point in time. However, I don't doubt that I can be a top player again. I've survived every metagame change I've encounterd and my general mechanics have always been well-balanced. I still play games when I have time, L4D2 for example, that gets you in action quickly. If EIR would grow big enough for a good automatch system that doesn't require much more than assembling your elite stack and hit "GO!" in a way that directly takes you into deploying units in-game would respark my interest almost completely. I've also taken an interest in the future with consoles with built-in advanced motion detectors. Few things stimulates me as games of various kinds do.

As for still sticking around, my reason is as simple as it's a habit to of mine to come here (something not entirely foreign to amny. I don't see myself as a genious, I actually do have to put in a lot of time in studying. Last semester I think I dedicated 60-65h per week to school most of the time. I believe that I'm smarter than the average person but intelligence is relative to the environment you're in. In comparison to my colleagues I'm not very special.

Regarding this thread: I see it as an opportunity to revise and learn. Having a specific question when reading has a higher retention rate than not having it for me.

I was just very curious to see if you ever come back to EIRR, and I thought a post like that would draw you out. (That and I think you should be counter-trolled sometimes) And it's always funny to hear the more or less dramatic story about the fight against the urge to Game, especially someone who has gone over to educate himself in such a demanding field as medicine and cut himself more or less off from the "hardcore" gaming. You have to admit it was kind of funny that I knew you played some easy to join and end game though, like L4D. I'm not gonna claim it was a hard call to make but its just funny how gamers think alive, ex or not.

It's a shame that EIRR and many games like it (great community, constant mental rewards and social feedback) often carry with them such insane drooling Pavlov like motivation to just keep playing at expense of logically more important pursuits. As you grow up (or dont) you start to develop a bigger and bigger respect for people who are adept at the metagame of their own life, they are always taking notes, keeping a track of time, and instantly know what they did the last week and have strong notions about what they are doing the next.

I also agree with your estimation of the lesser appreciated plus-sides of gaming, but I think your presentation was as one-sided as mine, in that extent it was great as it provided a opposing view but I am without a shred of doubt a believer in the fact that gaming cannot be excused in a excessive amount or with a excessive amount of interest vested in it, or both. Those gains you are talking about are more than likely taken from studies or people who play many different games, not the "whores" who get their kicks from a immersible community like CoH, EIRR, WOW (lol), I sincerely doubt my synapses are firing much differently from my 59th EIRR game to my 195th and I think you'll have to agree with me based on "Few things stimulates me as games of various kinds do."

The english part you are more or less spot on about though. Non-primary english speakers growing up with english games as long as they read well will no doubt have a greater english than people who go for more outdoorsy activities.

So whats the verdict, Lai? At what point should the young child start gaming to ensure maximum neural growth, and at which point does he have to end the hobby to protect himself from a pathology of gaming?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 10:46:58 am »

I wonder... Does anyone even know where the name "Lai" comes from? lol..

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 11:45:41 am »

To honour the brand of potato chips "Lay's?"

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 11:57:09 am »

No, It's an abbreviation.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 11:58:31 am »

Laivindur?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 11:59:06 am »

Losers
Are
Impotents?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 12:00:57 pm »

200pps to the guy who finds out from where the name Lai comes from and what it means tbh!

Good luck lol.

It comes from a language that no country in the world has ever used.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 12:03:20 pm by Killer344 » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 12:07:24 pm »

Ooh it's esperanto!

Gonna know by tomorrow.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 12:08:30 pm »

I don't want to ruin the fun by answering. beside 200PP's is pocket change

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2010, 12:11:06 pm »

I read the wall of texts above Dr. Lai and now i feel so weird. What could it be?

Lucas Adoro Inforenza

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2010, 01:24:05 pm »

dear dr lai, i cba to read yours and smokaz long posts? any diagnosis?

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2010, 01:31:33 pm »

ADD/ADHD
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2010, 01:58:07 pm »

ADD/ADHD

Wouldn't have to study medicine to diagnose that Tongue
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2010, 02:22:30 pm »

FU ALL.
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2010, 04:26:26 pm »

I can't seem to impregnate little boys. Could there be a problem with my sperm?

Your probably sticking it in the wrong hole. Contrary to popular belief, the best way to impregnate little boys is to actually stick your member into a running garbage disposal.

The turning blades will seperate your sperm into categories of particular chromosomes of which only the X can be administered to other boys.

The correct sperm will be funneled through the house's plumbing system and collect in the shower head of the bathtub belonging to the boy you wish to impregnate and as such will be released on his return to cleanse his shameful beaten body of your prior advances.

Disclaimer: If you experience a tad amount of blood during first penetration of the disposal, DO NOT PANIC, it is completely normal and is only a temporary side effect of the sperm seperation process. The cut will clot as soon as your penis is removed by the disposal for sperm inspection.

I asked Dr. Lai not Dr. Groundfire.
A garbage disposal is not a little boy. Now.....

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2010, 03:56:47 am »

ADD/ADHD

Wouldn't have to study medicine to diagnose that Tongue

Oh shit he busted my ADD
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2010, 04:29:30 am »

Just finished my exams. Can't believe the one subject I was really worried about, namely OB-GYN, I might have aced which almost doesn't occur here. It's probably less than 1% chance of getting full marks still with how it feels now, but oh well. I can hope.

I'll see if I can make something of this thread. Gonna recover some sleep deprivation and do other stuff first. Maybe tomorrow.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 04:30:30 am »

Uhh.. lai
Theorethically, in an exam of 100 points - you have a 1 percent chance of getting any score ;p.
Just saying.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010, 04:36:34 am »

No, you sometimes feel a test has gone very well but it turns out you have a bunch of stupid errors. Getting 100% on our big exams is very rare. During my now 10 semesters there's only been one occurrence, inlcuding our sister school, and that was during the first semester. It's almost certain I won't get full marks but still the euphoric feelings after exams is sweeet Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc