Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:34:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Knights Cross desperately need a buff/s  (Read 11152 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2010, 03:00:51 pm »

Groundfire - short range accuracy is fairly irrelevant due to the fact bullets don't have much room to scatter at this range - they pretty much all hit, anyway. Being suppressed helps with that problem, though.

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 03:03:05 pm »

I thought that If i used the long range acc. stats (where this kind of stuff matters) then the numbers wouldnt look so impressive.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 03:42:21 pm »

heh, indeed they wouldn't ;p.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 03:46:51 pm »

your argument fails

correct me if im wrong, Rifleman , Volks, Grenadiers, brit infantry etc etc stats have not been changed from vanilla COH. including KCH.

So considering that, i see no reason to buff a unit if all other units havent been buffed.

i can only assume that this comes down to how you use your kch.

personally i dont use them. they are NOT cost effective compared to Grens. so a good argument would be is lower the mp and mu cost slightly. rather than buff the unit

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 03:52:11 pm »

Groundfire - short range accuracy is fairly irrelevant due to the fact bullets don't have much room to scatter at this range - they pretty much all hit, anyway. Being suppressed helps with that problem, though.

Bullets don't scatter AFAIK.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 03:56:55 pm »

They do. I've provided the theory, how I noticed the ballistics of bullets, and the basics on how it works, while gamesguy provided video proof of this.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 04:21:25 pm »

Medkits being set on uses was what really hurt this unit. I barely used them, now I dont at all because their performance relies on medkits so much.

So basically after 3 uses you have no choice but pull them off because they simply won't win an engagement against any kind of upgraded infantry without their medkits.

I think in the next vet rework these guys should get an extra medkit use with each level of veterancy, that's what they really need.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 05:45:33 pm »

They do. I've provided the theory, how I noticed the ballistics of bullets, and the basics on how it works, while gamesguy provided video proof of this.

Bullets definitely have scatter, but I'm unsure of if they hit targets they weren't intended for.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 06:55:36 pm »

No one believed me when I said bullets scatter until I made Gamesguy test it.

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 07:05:43 pm »

I see bullets scatter all the time, so explain to me why noone thinks bullets scatter? Computer sucks so bad they cant see tracers?

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 07:10:39 pm »

The real question was that if bullet scatter actually hurt units that it scatters into. It was proven for MGs but uhh never actually ran any tests on other infantry weapons.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 07:12:20 pm »

Change the scatter on the guns to very low and give it 5% accuracy at all ranges. Set up a crap load of riflemen and test. Id like to know this info but sadly I don't have the RGD changing programs or anything.

Edit : Better yet set up so its basicly No scatter Tongue
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 08:54:23 pm »

in old EiR vet 3 KCH could not be suppressed........i think that needs to be brought back. Keep in mind they are the only specialized assault troops that has no way of breaking suppression.

In old EIR that unit was OP and the only way to beat it was to focus fire on that unit with everything or bring in a tank to deal with them.

No unit should be able to beat it's counter. I don't care how expensive or strong that unit is. TBH if u run ur KCH into a unit which can suppress you and then you get suppressed its ur own stupid fault.

I never thought they were OP in old EIR considering that they were

extremely expensive

veterancy requirements were fucking outrageously high.

Vet 3 units where prized for a fucking reason....they excelled well and required extreme effort to keep em alive.

Huge veterancy bonuses

A lot has changed since specialy vet bonuses and veterancy being dumbed down so everyone can get vet 3 units. Back then a vet 3 unit was a prize to behold and a many of fights broke out because of vet hunting. none of that exist now. we really just dumbed it down honestly lol

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2010, 09:05:43 pm »

Change the scatter on the guns to very low and give it 5% accuracy at all ranges. Set up a crap load of riflemen and test. Id like to know this info but sadly I don't have the RGD changing programs or anything.

Edit : Better yet set up so its basicly No scatter Tongue

It would need 0 accuracy. that way there is no possible way to hit an intended target. If the units took damage - scatter.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2010, 10:28:51 pm »

They should be able to hold their own against commandos but as of now they just get slaughtered.

They can't even take on a rifle squad with bars....pretty sad

Also keep in mind that cost wise, 1 KCH squad = very close to 2 Volks with mp40s squads

2 volks with mp40s can crush a bar riflemen squad, and can go head to head with 2 bar riflemen squads if cover is available to avoid suppression fire. Therefore a KCH squad should be able to crush a bar riflemen squad and be able to take on 2 if the KCH has cover.

makes sense no?
so u mean kch should perform better than volks?
i agree that

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2010, 01:55:39 am »

No one believed me when I said bullets scatter until I made Gamesguy test it.

I'm the one who first posted about it you newb Tongue.
But yes, you made gamesguy test it, and he proved bullet ballistics do exist via a video.

We are not certain on how rifle-type weaponry ballistics work, but MG's most definitely have ballistics, and bullets do clip with infantry. Assault rifles and SMGs are also considered "MGs" by the game's engine.
Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2010, 03:50:16 am »

in old EiR vet 3 KCH could not be suppressed........i think that needs to be brought back. Keep in mind they are the only specialized assault troops that has no way of breaking suppression.

In old EIR that unit was OP and the only way to beat it was to focus fire on that unit with everything or bring in a tank to deal with them.

No unit should be able to beat it's counter. I don't care how expensive or strong that unit is. TBH if u run ur KCH into a unit which can suppress you and then you get suppressed its ur own stupid fault.

I never thought they were OP in old EIR considering that they were

extremely expensive

veterancy requirements were fucking outrageously high.

Vet 3 units where prized for a fucking reason....they excelled well and required extreme effort to keep em alive.

Huge veterancy bonuses

A lot has changed since specialy vet bonuses and veterancy being dumbed down so everyone can get vet 3 units. Back then a vet 3 unit was a prize to behold and a many of fights broke out because of vet hunting. none of that exist now. we really just dumbed it down honestly lol

True KCH did require alot of baby sitting to reach vet 3. Then again KCH never came in singles, always pairs unless attacking an issolated squad of rifle or something on their own.

The thing was once the KCH was getting to vet 2+ they started becoming a real problem to deal with. The only way I could see this ever coming back is if the high XP requirments came back also a cost increase.

But saying that only a select few people would be getting to vet 3 and then would get abused to hell by people we all know that like to abuse OP stuff just to make them selfs feel better and others to suffer.

In my view KCH r fine and should not be touched apart from a price decrease if really needed.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2010, 06:27:33 am »

I still remember Smokaz dropping airborne on my spawn to kill off my one vet 3 kch man who was running away from the battle on Dawn.

The bastard. I never could get another squad to vet 3.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2010, 06:37:13 am »

Knights Cross are a anciet kind of warriors. Their greatest time lies beyond. Too much to dominate them these days.

Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2010, 10:16:39 am »

Even if bullets do scatter I'd find it hard to believe that it would have a major effect in an actual game - by your logic mysthalin, EVERY bullet would hit at close range, which is quite clearly bullshit.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc