Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:17:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Band of Brothers, entertaining but unrealistic..  (Read 14131 times)
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 13, 2010, 10:51:58 pm »

Okay so i've finally finished bob episodes, i got a full rant in my head but ill make it short about what annoyed me most..

To start out, The Crossroads.. Winters and his men move out at night and spot a mg42 shooting and giving its position, they charge and and attack germans, they shortly pull back, the germans KNOW they are down there now.

But next scene at morning allied threw red smoke and charged, WHY THE HECK did the all the germans sit and eat and talk on the grass..
They just had a battle and knew the allied where down there, how come they didnt establish some recon units at least..it pained me how they just sat there like an open buffee for the allies..

Wierd..

Also all the NCO's main characters are ofc invulnerable...They cant die their like a mobile deathstar:

I also lost my count on how many soldiers that got shot in there throat everytime they are about to check something Cheesy

Ahhwell, it was fun..
Yeah im really late with wathing bob but i never bothered following it at the TV.
And its intro was way to long, im glad i didnt watch it at TV

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:04:02 pm »

well the thing is, the main characters are the tellers of the story so of course they don't die or you don't know what happened.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:07:45 pm »

Okay so i've finally finished bob episodes, i got a full rant in my head but ill make it short about what annoyed me most..

To start out, The Crossroads.. Winters and his men move out at night and spot a mg42 shooting and giving its position, they charge and and attack germans, they shortly pull back, the germans KNOW they are down there now.

But next scene at morning allied threw red smoke and charged, WHY THE HECK did the all the germans sit and eat and talk on the grass..
They just had a battle and knew the allied where down there, how come they didnt establish some recon units at least..it pained me how they just sat there like an open buffee for the allies..

Wierd..

Also all the NCO's main characters are ofc invulnerable...They cant die their like a mobile deathstar:

I also lost my count on how many soldiers that got shot in there throat everytime they are about to check something Cheesy

Ahhwell, it was fun..
Yeah im really late with wathing bob but i never bothered following it at the TV.
And its intro was way to long, im glad i didnt watch it at TV

uh dude, the story is real..most if not all the names are real, the actions for the most part are real... its REAL.. with a bit of hollywood twist.

and saying why didnt the germans do this and that, well, put yourself in their place, they had no comms, they were in the dark, airborne was all over the damn place they had no idea wtf was going on...  luckily, it seems, that all the mis drops and so on helped the airborne acheive its goals, it made them look like they were all over and the germans, with hitler sleepy and their best commander away for his wifes Bday totally clueless as what was going on..     pretty simple stuff, if they moved the panzer div in faster and units from calais faster, it could have been a pretty bad thing for the allies, but all the allied head games they played help out alot.. so, for a long answer, thats why the german hmg just sat there, they were freaking clueless as what was going on.

badmorning01 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 02:13:37 am »

What Mgallun said. I'm not sure if that's true for each engagement shown in the series, but a lot of fights shown are based on real after-action reports, whether Winters' unit was involved in them or not.

BIG MOTHERFUCKER
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 03:03:28 am »

It is made with propaganda. Don't bother trying to 100% realistic. Things that media don't want to show is not there.

All war movies are made with propaganda. So far the only ones I've not see AS propaganda inflicted were made by the German movie company that made Das Boot and Stalingrad
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 03:05:13 am by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 04:19:21 am »

ZOMG I SAW CROMWELL AND WAS LIKE PEWPEW, GET VET 3 GO. THEN HE WAS LIKE, DEAD.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 05:25:47 am »

It is made with propaganda. Don't bother trying to 100% realistic. Things that media don't want to show is not there.

All war movies are made with propaganda. So far the only ones I've not see AS propaganda inflicted were made by the German movie company that made Das Boot and Stalingrad

History is written by the victors. There will be bias towards the victorious side in every engagement ever recorded, because if it was written by the winning side they'll of course say they had their shit together, and then who are the losers to say they didn't, because that'd mean they got their asses kicked by people who didn't have their shit together!

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 06:41:47 am »

History is written by the victors.

It's just so simple as that, and it's part of the needed propaganda warfare to keep the people "happy". The average joe across the world will always let the crimes of the "loosing" side overshadow/justify the means of the winning team, and simply forget them over time. The other issue is the precedent this can set, because it can give the "winning" team moral authority across the world to wage war versus anyone they want.

This kind of psychological warfare is called "White" [Omissions + Emphasis], it's technically a fallacy, not a lie. Which most people fail to acknowledge because it's truthful, not strongly biased, and the source of information is acknowledgeable.

And no, I'm not hinting at any country/community/etc specifically.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:03:49 am by Killer344 » Logged

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 08:13:53 am »

Well, you do have to consider that war in and of itself is a means versus the ends conundrum. Killing everybody is not a very good way to get what you want, which is why diplomacy exists. But, if the ends are justified, countries have no problems means-ing away.

Machiavelli has a lot to offer, even in today's world.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2010, 09:31:34 am »

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2010, 09:37:34 am »

Yet...there are people who are MORE equal than you are...

Winner writes the history all the battles are right but how they show those battles in shows are often not exactly the way the battles went
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 09:51:05 am »

You are right, it is completely unrealistic. Winters himself t bagged all of the germans on Normandy, but the show made it seem like they did it as a team. So fake.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 10:52:29 am »

heh, these threads make me laugh

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 12:05:49 pm »

u make me laugh tbh
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2010, 03:52:37 pm »

I agree of course the victors and media will not make nazi totally pwn the americans, but still no matter what, clueless or not its compeltely idiotic to semble all your men blobbing on a grass eating, maybe so they were surrounded but at least they could organize a bit and make some defensive position.
That would be a bit more exciting to watch rather than pwning the germans..

besides their the goddamn waffen SS, as shown on that episode classic wehrmacht unit seems better.

pff..

u make me laugh tbh
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 04:00:46 pm »

besides their the goddamn waffen SS, as shown on that episode classic wehrmacht unit seems better.

The SS was not better trained than the normal Wehrmacht soldiers.

To become part of the SS it would be enough to be the son/relative of rich party members from the NSDAP. It had some kind of prestige meaning to it.

But just because they had their own "Army" doesn't mean that they were trully better.

So far all people think of the SS as super elite soldiers. Well, doh, that's what they wanted to make their enemy fear.

Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 04:10:21 pm »

In band of brothers it seems to me they are the SS-hitler jugend i think Winters or some other NCO said that when they briefed. Well theese soldiers didn't get that much training.
But normal SS soldiers was alot better then the standard ones, they had longer training and much more tougher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRBBJvHtfI4&feature=fvw
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 10:16:34 pm »

The SS was not better trained than the normal Wehrmacht soldiers.

To become part of the SS it would be enough to be the son/relative of rich party members from the NSDAP. It had some kind of prestige meaning to it.

But just because they had their own "Army" doesn't mean that they were trully better.

So far all people think of the SS as super elite soldiers. Well, doh, that's what they wanted to make their enemy fear.

Actually most of the SS were hardened veterans from the Russian front pulled to deal with the new threat. And compared to the American troops who at the time were mainly raw recruits, they were super elite soldiers. Also the SS were well known for their fanatical loyalties, which made them fight harder then the mainly drafted American soldiers.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 11:54:45 pm »

People should remember that there were 2x SchützStaffeln's

SchützStaffeln AND Waffen SchützStaffeln.

Waffen SS was the fighting unit, in short they were Elite infantry with better training than regulars.
SS was a simple protection squad that marched on the streets. Waffen SS was on the frontlines.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 11:58:29 pm »

People should remember that there were 2x SchützStaffeln's

SchützStaffeln AND Waffen SchützStaffeln.

Waffen SS was the fighting unit, in short they were Elite infantry with better training than regulars.
SS was a simple protection squad that marched on the streets. Waffen SS was on the frontlines.

Even the SS protection squad had equivalent skill to the Whermact (can't spell it) and were often chosen from veteran companies
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc