Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 08:33:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vehicle Spam  (Read 19990 times)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2010, 05:12:55 pm »

That was PURE luck. The same pure luck that makes a cloaked m18 miss a upgun puma at short range. Way 2 go, groundfire.

Every shot the T17 hit didnt penetrate. Even in vCoH, T3 is the answer to T17 moterpool because there is such a slim chance of penetration.

Not to mention that was a vet2 T17. The extra accuracy would've done alot to combat the puma's received acc.

Also, just cause I got lucky, and that scenario came out far in my favor, that still doesnt remove the fact that the upgun is wehr's go-to T17 killer, by a long stretch, followed by the P4.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 05:18:33 pm »

allied light vehicle spam again?

Uhhhggg, hang on, let me destroy this already broken record.

I did this yesterday to Snoop's T17 with 1 upgunned puma.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rb0M2MPtmA

If you fall victim to light vehicle spam, you rly only have yourself to blame.

OMG that nub wasn't even Moving his t17. PuMas are epic fail versus t17's, froM what I've seen. I think that's what the consensus was last t17 thread (OMG Masacree you're such a nub you're using puMas!)

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 05:21:54 pm »

he's right people just say it is op cause there pak + shrek combo should kill everything! that is a vehicle

upguns are good for more than just that though in combo with p4 or a apanther there great for killing pershings and chruchills cause they get round behind and block and still do some damage.

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 08:15:16 pm »

he's right people just say it is op cause there pak + shrek combo should kill everything! that is a vehicle

upguns are good for more than just that though in combo with p4 or a apanther there great for killing pershings and chruchills cause they get round behind and block and still do some damage.

+1

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 12:13:59 am »

I think that the reason why many choose light vehicles is because for allied armored, they can capture and hold territory. They also deal a lot of damage and can get in and out of battle quicker generally speaking. I do, however, notice a bunch of players that have some light vehicles but also carry some pretty balanced companies. Light vehicles can make the game easier sometimes, but I also think that it's a tactical decision. Running a bunch of rangers in an allied company might be as effective as using a bunch of m8s or m10s depending on the player, but maybe the vehicles would be easier to manage for some.
I do, however, feel like I have a lot more urgency to keep multiple AT on the field rather than multiple anti-infantry units.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
Pak88mm Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2010, 12:42:52 am »

Anti light vehicles? You mean schrecks? 2 zooks = 150 dmg 1 schreck = 120 dmg.

I just played a game where i saw a double schreck storm 2 hit 3 stags that were full health, so i'd have to say that schrecks are a lot more effective.

the bullshit is spilling. i use storms extensively and i know that i sure as fuck cannot one shot stags. I can one shot anything even shermans....buts thats with vet 3 storms all hitting on rear shots. so yeah....dont bullshit. It takes at least 3-4 hits to knock out a stag, not counting how many times u will miss.

Exactly.

There is only so many times you can slaughter Lt Apollo, Rocksitter, and Alwaysloseguy24 before you get bored and fall asleep.

-GamesGuy-

Most Hated player in EiR....Pak88Mm
Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2010, 12:56:11 am »

That was PURE luck. The same pure luck that makes a cloaked m18 miss a upgun puma at short range. Way 2 go, groundfire.

Every shot the T17 hit didnt penetrate. Even in vCoH, T3 is the answer to T17 moterpool because there is such a slim chance of penetration.[/u]

Not to mention that was a vet2 T17. The extra accuracy would've done alot to combat the puma's received acc.

Also, just cause I got lucky, and that scenario came out far in my favor, that still doesnt remove the fact that the upgun is wehr's go-to T17 killer, by a long stretch, followed by the P4.
Don't talk about stuff you don't understand; that's one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. And to the video. What sort of fucking noob only has a T17 as AT? Normally there's an ATG around which will rip your upgun puma apart. Nevermind the fact - as Smokaz said - that it was pure luck you hit that vehicle at all. :S
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2010, 01:35:41 am »

jesus, can we ban nimitz from balance already?  He's worse than BigDick

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2010, 01:50:47 am »

He's right tho crazy,AT gun's and zooks usually follow around our little friend t17.

wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2010, 02:05:27 am »

and paks and shreks and 50mm and laht follow axis light armor

panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2010, 02:16:59 am »

who uses axis light armour in force though apart from PE

i roll with 1 upgun puma
or invest in repairs for them.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2010, 03:08:11 am »

You know what happened the last time there was too much vehicle spam?

The PaK Man had to step in. Be cool guys.  Cool

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 04:30:29 am »

Some of you guys are really bad at arguing balance lol.

Anyway, carry on.
We'll have some patches coming in soon.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 05:40:08 am »

It WAS lucky - the puma and the T17 were moving almost all the time, and puma nearly never missed(if at all) - but it just goes to show the upgun puma isn't as terrible as people try to make it out to be.

Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 06:09:47 am »

Really any kind of vehicle spam is a pain in the butt. It's normally the one which r really good which get noticed above all the rest.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 07:37:41 am »

Every shot the T17 hit didnt penetrate. Even in vCoH, T3 is the answer to T17 moterpool because there is such a slim chance of penetration.[/u]

Don't talk about stuff you don't understand; that's one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard. And to the video. What sort of fucking noob only has a T17 as AT? Normally there's an ATG around which will rip your upgun puma apart. Nevermind the fact - as Smokaz said - that it was pure luck you hit that vehicle at all. :S

I am just reiterating what I learned from my GR mentors steekman and gunnersmate. Got a problem with that, talk to them.

And anyone can be caught with no AT in a situation like that. Snoop (aka Morello) is a fucking beast, and that was his T17.

This is correct.

Im trying to prove a point that the majority of the players in this mod do not use all the tools available to them to counter certain stategy; and that the 50mm upgun puma is underplayed in this roll.
sgMisten Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 08:22:46 am »

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=11720.0
I am abused, I am forgotten, I am worthless; I am the average infantryman
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2010, 08:24:43 am »

puma upgun misses all the time, and even if it hits, the dmg it does is a massive fail. t17 has 350 hp, stag 450.

and the stag main gun actually beats the puma easy.
Nimitz Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2010, 09:33:45 am »

You are forgetting if you are chasing down a LV your AT will most likely not be able to keep up with you, nevermind the fact a sherman/m10 can just use a hedge/building as cover and stop you from chasing the enemy LV down even if you have AT in the area.

And anyone can be caught with no AT in a situation like that. Snoop (aka Morello) is a fucking beast, and that was his T17.

Yes, it can happen, yes, he's a very good player, but normally there's always going to be some other sort of AT to stop your puma.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2010, 09:44:30 am »

What about increasing all vechicles fuel cost (with no exceptions) by 50% and mp cost by 20%.

Vechicle spam is what makes EiR boring, noone uses mortar smoke, it's easier to boomrush with LVs instead of more brainy acctions.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 09:46:24 am by Draken » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc