Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 05:50:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airborne strafing run  (Read 45221 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2010, 01:54:26 pm »

Only very rarely, two - and considering 2v2s are likely as often played, if not more often than 3v3s... It's really safe to bet them strafes will mostly be used in their fullest possible effect, rather than the weakest.

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2010, 01:56:44 pm »

thats like saying i dont like the fact PE players get to the centre of RTC faster because they mostly deploy in vehichles, its inevitable and you have to deal with it, both situations give an unfair outcome.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2010, 02:36:40 pm »

only in vcoh, most maps are square,
in eir all maps are long and thin. strafle run just doesnt work here.
Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2010, 02:51:49 pm »

thats like saying i dont like the fact PE players get to the centre of RTC faster because they mostly deploy in vehichles, its inevitable and you have to deal with it, both situations give an unfair outcome.

Dumbest example ever. Strafe results in you losing entire squads; PE vehicles result in getting to the front faster (woo....)

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2010, 03:07:27 pm »

just have it come in on a dive, same with the bombing run.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 03:13:13 pm »

Dumbest example ever. Strafe results in you losing entire squads; PE vehicles result in getting to the front faster (woo....)

Establishing a foothold where allies have to attack and are more prone to losing units, duh fag.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2010, 03:16:04 pm »

Two - that's the entire point of the thread. Your units get strafed, then smoke drops, and only then the plane comes on the minimap - which is the core problem with strafing runs.

i dont really care if i cant evade it, quite realistic: it's not like you could dodge an airplane coming straight for you.

the random dmg it the thing that bothers me. it should mostly pin infantry, and dmg only a bit.

Leo, I cant remember who said this but ill say it to you, This is EiR if you want reality go somwhere else! Cheesy

Now i dont mean to be creul by taht statment, but to sumerize, and I CANNOT belive im saying this, but we should keep the strafe, This is 1944 allies have Air supperiority, the thing is thou, cant we instead of changing range and angle, change the sound of the strafing and bombing planes? or add a delay to it arriving? Otherwise i do also agree that it at the moment is to much insta kill!
which is abit dumb, since AB have there very wierd UBER Lasers, which wernt even that good in reality! they where shit to be frank, but here they rape everything! so since they get to keep those, nerf the planes.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2010, 03:27:57 pm »

Establishing a foothold where allies have to attack and are more prone to losing units, duh fag.

Doing something wrong as PE there, already - wanna guess what?

Also, PE gets to the centre of the map the fastest with their vehicles all the time, regardless of map - so your counter-argument is pretty fail.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 04:27:31 pm »

Only thing wrong with strafe is the smoke, remove that and strafe is fine.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2010, 04:43:35 pm »

I have the solution to this argument and you only need very minor changes. 

A.) Remove the Red Smoke so there is no Smoke
B.) Put it on a 3-5 second delay of activating the ability, So if your units are stationary, they are begging to be strafed, But people can not use it as a reactionary tool . 
c.) Give it Friendly Fire.

Why does this work? 

On small maps, people can still move around so goign the short distance would not work as well... as well as Bigger maps, the smoke would not mean much and people might consider it to be a recon. 

Also what pisses alot of axis off about strafe is that allied units run into the axis, then the strafe and bullets are called in on top of them and your like WTF...  And its a broken off map, its the only off map that does not have FF...

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2010, 05:14:11 pm »

c.) Give it Friendly Fire.

This please.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2010, 05:20:17 pm »

I remember posting in the relic forums about the no FF for strafe run years ago... Hope you have more luck changing that than I did!
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2010, 01:08:56 pm »

This is why it needs a nerf, 7 mins in, Storm squad, not on a road, full health got erased without any warning whatsoever.  Its utter bullshit. 

When any faction gets an off map that can Kill so effectively and so easily its ludicrous.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2010, 01:14:30 pm »

When any faction gets an off map that can Kill so effectively and so easily its ludicrous.

Ever used firestorm?

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2010, 01:15:38 pm »

Ever used firestorm?

firestorm is a t3, strafle is t2.
and firestorm doesnt come down instantly, so it will only work on idiots or in pinned units.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2010, 01:16:26 pm »

Ever used firestorm?

firestorm is a t3, strafle is t2.
and firestorm doesnt come down instantly, so it will only work on idiots or in pinned units.

Or on anything that happens to not have fire-up or a set of wheels/tracks...
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 01:22:52 pm »

Ever used firestorm?

I am sorry, Before you Posted did you watch the replay or Just say a Quick Response because your sick of hearing about it?  Because if you watched it then don;t take this wrong way.  

But what the fuck is wrong with you?  

Firestorm, You can hit  the retreat button midway through, You can run in a direction and maybe not get hit by it, You can survive a shot and it has Friendly Fire so i can;t call down Firestorm on top of my own troops.  

I have used firestorm in every version of EIR and EIRR except this one.  So to answer your Question fairly and Honestly, NO i have not used it in This Version.

But before i get really Pissed off about how brash and Bullshit your comment was

How about you get your Units out, Your nicely vetted ones, Give me a company to use strafe with ona  2v2 or a 3v3 and play a game, Lets see if they live nicly, oR rather if you can run them away.  

YEa yea yea the games not about vet... Then don;t call it a fucking persistancy mod and save the units after every game and call it COH.  

Its the same as Fuckign Terror with Zeal and all the shit that made it broken,And playign games against ppl who used it and continueing to use broken ass Bullshit that took forever to get worked on or fixed.  Strafe needs to be fixed period, Everytone thinks it, At least while its being worked on, Make it do less dmg, Shorten the range something, OR make it come in long way without smoke, BEcause a mod built on persistancy with INstagib offmaps is not much point to having persistancy.  

At this point 3 AB players could take on any 3 axis without a problem.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 01:34:31 pm »

To counter your argument on instant gibbing... on map artillery fires and can instant gib whole squads without warning.  And last game I had a tiger instant gib a 6 man, vet 3 ranger squad in one shot.  It happens.

I don't see what the big deal with SF is, no one really complained about it before to my knowledge since people asked for smoke to drop.  Just don't bunch up your units and if you must keep them in cover or in HTs while you move them.  Moving around with 3+ squads all on top of each other is just asking for hurt.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2010, 01:43:21 pm »

To counter your argument on instant gibbing... on map artillery fires and can instant gib whole squads without warning.  And last game I had a tiger instant gib a 6 man, vet 3 ranger squad in one shot.  It happens.

I don't see what the big deal with SF is, no one really complained about it before to my knowledge since people asked for smoke to drop.  Just don't bunch up your units and if you must keep them in cover or in HTs while you move them.  Moving around with 3+ squads all on top of each other is just asking for hurt.

on map stuff can die and costs recourses + pop.
you cant compare that to offmap.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2010, 02:02:02 pm »

Ever used firestorm?

Blah blah de blah blah

Well since we are all just making sweeping broad general statements on the effectiveness of offmaps, i just thought id chime in with one of my own.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc