Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:53:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] Nerf button & no button during Blitzkrieg Assault  (Read 19150 times)
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« on: June 12, 2010, 02:51:40 pm »

I suggest that bren tommies and bren carrier MGs no longer can button vehicles if those vehicles are under the effect of blitzkrieg assault.

Blitzkrieg assault is a t3 and it becomes completely useless if you get buttoned since the button takes the same time as bkassault itself. it shouldnt be possible to counter a t3 this easy.

people might use the ability to escape button to save one of their vehicles, but this means they just lost one bkassault they could have used instead for killing two or three allied vehicles.

It also fits the abilty itself perfectly: would you stop your tank if a few little guns are shooting at your tank while all your allies are rushing forward? if you use this t3 to  rush in, the least you could expect from it that you actually can move forward.

edit:
title changed after discussion went out of hand.
New suggestion is to nerf button(make it the same as volk mines would be a good start) + no button at all if vehicles are under the effect of blitzkrieg assault.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:22:33 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
FanaticOpposition Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:06:02 pm »

Getting buttoned seems entirely the opposite of what you would expect out of a blitzkrieg assault. They stop for nothing. I second this.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 03:09:03 pm »

yeah, you try to be agressive for a change using ur awesome t3, but instead u get owned hard for no reason.
AlterFrax Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:22:27 pm »

Well to be devil's advocate here, I see it as the tommies are blasting away at the places where the crew can see out of and such, and it wouldn't make much sense to drive blind, even with a tank: you just don't know where you're driving anymore!
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 03:23:09 pm »

Nah, I'm with Leo here, Blitzkrieg should be some kind of Fire Up for tanks.

Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 04:10:52 pm »

+1, personally with brits having ATGs, I think button should be removed in general, I think the main reason they had it in vCoH is because the only form of mobile AT before a firefly was a PIAT squad which obviously needs that tank/vehicle to be slowed down to hit them.

Rawr
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 04:33:39 pm »

+1, personally with brits having ATGs, I think button should be removed in general, I think the main reason they had it in vCoH is because the only form of mobile AT before a firefly was a PIAT squad which obviously needs that tank/vehicle to be slowed down to hit them.
+2
only just lowering the effect of button - so it will only slow the vehicle a bit like volks mines + not removing gun fire completely but only reducing reload a bit would be enough.
I actually cant believe button is still in the game as it is. brits have more than enough AT.
u might say brit atgs are worse than us ones coz they dont have heavy cover, but i actually prefer the brit ones: enemy cant spot u trough FOW using green cover + it cloaks.
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 04:36:40 pm »

I agree on this to, the tanks must live up to its ability!

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2010, 05:02:25 pm »

I've been saying that brits don't need 14 second button because of the ATG...

Still people told me that brits need it for some reason. But I like to use it to button tanks and kill them with no effort. Full health P4? Dead quite fast. Tiger? Quite fast too. KT? Nah you get it half health by bringing all the crap you got to shoot at it. What else? Oh panther? very easy. You see, brits with button that's all you need

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2010, 06:37:22 pm »

I've been saying that brits don't need 14 second button because of the ATG...

Still people told me that brits need it for some reason. But I like to use it to button tanks and kill them with no effort. Full health P4? Dead quite fast. Tiger? Quite fast too. KT? Nah you get it half health by bringing all the crap you got to shoot at it. What else? Oh panther? very easy. You see, brits with button that's all you need

+1
You can have ace micro but all it takes is one bren squad to lose a full health tank because they can hold you there for a ridiculous amount of time (enough to bring up ATGs and other support to fuck your tank. As long as brits have ATGs of their own, button should get nerfed a bit.

Normally if you probe with a tank, you may take 1 ATG shot and be able to back away, but with a bren in the mix you can kiss your tank goodbye no matter what.

Dragon2008 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 06:52:59 pm »

Sorry but if you decide to not support your tank with infantry and it gets buttoned and died then you av no excuse.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1100T @ 3.3ghz
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X (EVO)
Graphics Card: ATI HD 6970 2GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 06:55:26 pm »

lol a tank can still see who is buttoning it, and alot of axis tanks are man eaters

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 07:02:04 pm »

Sorry but if you decide to not support your tank with infantry and it gets buttoned and died then you av no excuse.

name one unit/abiltiy/weapon that will cause instant death to your panther if you dont support it.

only things i can think of:
mine causing engine destroyed. this is rare, and even more rare if it happens on the frontline and you are able to react. button is something you control and the result is you have an atg/piat supporting the button always.

jeep blocking ur tank. this wont stun ur tank for 14 seconds and is not really reliable... + there are lots more brens than jeeps in a company.

triple m10 rush? you can't compare that to a cheap 5 pop bren squad + 4 pop atg  sitting somewhere safe in the back.

also, even if you support your tank with some grens or volks, it will take a while for them to kill the bren squad, and in that time the atg has eaten half the health of ur tank if not more.
and thats the best case scenario where the brensquad is unsupported.
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 07:11:04 pm »

The worst are upgunned bren carriers - virtually immune to small arm fires and can button any tanks that try to combat them.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 07:30:10 pm »

+1
You can have ace micro but all it takes is one bren squad to lose a full health tank because they can hold you there for a ridiculous amount of time (enough to bring up ATGs and other support to fuck your tank. As long as brits have ATGs of their own, button should get nerfed a bit.

Normally if you probe with a tank, you may take 1 ATG shot and be able to back away, but with a bren in the mix you can kiss your tank goodbye no matter what.

Wouldn't "ace micro" include not sending a full health tank anywhere near a Bren squad? It's just the same as sending a full health tank near rifles with stickies? Even with ace micro, if you're sending your super heavy anywhere near a bren squad unsupported then you're doing it wrong!

+1 to making bren useless/reducing its effects against Blitzkrieg Assault. I don't think button needs to be changed in other circumstances, you need to be pretty damn close to be able to button. If anything, drop it from 14s to 8-10s.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2010, 07:37:34 pm »

+1

Wouldn't "ace micro" include not sending a full health tank anywhere near a Bren squad? It's just the same as sending a full health tank near rifles with stickies? Even with ace micro, if you're sending your super heavy anywhere near a bren squad unsupported then you're doing it wrong!

+1 to making bren useless/reducing its effects against Blitzkrieg Assault. I don't think button needs to be changed in other circumstances, you need to be pretty damn close to be able to button. If anything, drop it from 14s to 8-10s.

Even better why the hell are you sending that 1 tank alone?
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2010, 07:39:20 pm »

a undermentioned problem here is certainty... while 1 shot from the tiger MIGHT force the retreat of any allied squad, button strikes with undeniable certainty

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2010, 07:43:20 pm »

a undermentioned problem here is certainty... while 1 shot from the tiger MIGHT force the retreat of any allied squad, button strikes with undeniable certainty

Well said brah.

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2010, 07:58:49 pm »

+1

Even better why the hell are you sending that 1 tank alone?

button is easier to hit than stickey, 1 coz it has good range, but mostly coz u can instantly button if the tank get's near enough.

and as i already said, exept if u have two kch walking next to your tank it is gonna take a while to kill the tommy squad. and in that time your tank = dead. the bren carrier might be even harder to kill since your main AT platform has been disabled and the carrier has awesome health.

plus a bren + atg is only 9 pop. it can hold back any vehicle + light infantry. a medium tank is already 12 pop, so if you bring stuff to counter the bren, your opponent has probably stuff to counter your bren counter.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:00:47 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2010, 08:44:02 pm »

Botton is easy to back out of off unless you have very poor micro.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc