Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 07:22:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Terror Grenadiers NAME suggestion  (Read 8579 times)
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: June 16, 2010, 12:13:20 am »

While it is awsome to have 'Terror Grenadiers' instead of a regular Grenadiers, I somewhat wanted to make something different out of it.

Why not- instead of a 'Terror' Grenadier name it a SS Grenadier?

While I understand that not everyone might like it, but thinking that it is after all just a SS Grenadier a regular Grenadier with a different name on it for 'coolness' effect.

Like Canadian Rifles for Royal Canadian Artillery.

Terror gets their own SS troops.

What would the community say?

Applies to Terror Volks too.

Heck whole army could be named "SS" <Unit>

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 12:26:35 am »

Do these "Terror" Grenadiers get a different voiceovers like Canadian Infantry from their 'normal' counterparts?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 12:28:51 am »

they wont do it exactly because some people might not like it. We have a lot of germans that play here and stuff like that if i remember is outlawed in their country.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 12:31:21 am »

well,it sounds rly cool...so,I say go for it!

I wish there was a tree where you could have mostly elite Waffen SS army...
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 12:33:27 am »

Yet most of the skinpacks carry Waffen SS symbols and plates for vehicles so who minds.

Take an example of Close Combat Series. It has waffen SS teams in it yet Germans like to play it. SS by itself is nothing but a elite squad units. And in my suggestion this SS is exactly the Waffen SS one without the Waffen, but it could be as well "Waffen SS Grenadier" or "Waffen SS Volksgrenadier"
BigDick
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 12:40:30 am »

omg these *instert whatever country you want except germany* guys think all well trained german soldiers belonged to "waffen SS" take some lessons in history please
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 12:44:39 am »

omg these *instert whatever country you want except germany* guys think all well trained german soldiers belonged to "waffen SS" take some lessons in history please

I actually know the difference between SS and Wehrmacht thank you very much. But this is not political, just a name change suggestion. The end
CommanderHolt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 12:50:03 am »

I think NightRain means for the name change to reflect the Fanaticism of the troops rather then their professionalism.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 03:04:27 am »

actually, he has a point in doing this as the terror doctrine is supposed to be the SS, hence the name "Terror"
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 03:16:37 am »

Because "terror grenadiers" sounds so much more realistic and logical than "SS grenadiers", right?

BigDick
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2010, 03:43:00 am »

actually, he has a point in doing this as the terror doctrine is supposed to be the SS, hence the name "Terror"

then they would need to be named as "werwolf" grenadier or something stupid since the SS was no institution i would rely to nowadays terrorists

and its not about realism

relic even included a "SS faction" known as Panzer Elite
even when they say its supposed to be the Panzerdivision Lehr they even use translated SS rank names

but anyways i don't get why there should be such a bullshit naming in EIR
to name them terror grenadier is probably needed because of some doctrine abilities that just work with a seperate unit

no need to do further naming bullshit
winisez Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2010, 04:00:22 am »

im with bigdick on this one, its a designation, nothing else.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2010, 04:32:28 am »

This is kinda what I had in my mind- similar I mean.

As people can see there are some names that are not marked as "SS" and they are Regular Wehrmacht units
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 04:46:54 am »

it this from some coh mod ?
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 05:10:17 am »

tym your right its not legal to name stuff like that. I would have problems if somebody would find that stuff on my pc... and by problems i am talking about the "Feldjäger".
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 05:34:02 am »

What about Elite Grenadiers?  Tongue

Anyway, they were named Terror Grenadiers for coding reasons.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 05:41:28 am »

How bout u get renamed to SS Grenadier? Grin

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
MultiDoc Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 05:48:37 am »

Not historically accurate, but how about TotenKopf ?

ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 06:56:06 am »

Not historically accurate, but how about TotenKopf ?
Would you really like to have them named after the concentration camp guards? The SS-Totenkopfverbände was the part of the SS that ran the concentration camps, and the Totenkopf Division got that name because it originally consisted of soldiers recruited from the SS-TV.

For once I'm with BigDick here. What's with this idolization of SS soldiers? Even taking into account "winner's justice" and scapegoating, there's still a good reason why the SS ended up condemned in Nuremberg as a criminal organization. As for their fighting prowess, as the military arm of a political party, they could be expected to be more ideologically motivated (or fanatical) than the Wehrmacht, but not necessarily more able. Generally there was also a lot of variation within the organization, and quality sank as the war progressed and recruiting became more desperate.
MultiDoc Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 07:00:33 am »

It was at no point my intention Immanio. And I'll restrict myself from participating in any threads like this in the future.

Again i'm sorry if i caused any inconvenience.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc