Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 12:20:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall of France..continues?  (Read 114953 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2010, 02:02:36 am »

009 is coming a long well.. the russian infantry division has been entered, the conscripts are finished, the soldiers have been started and the guards await.

after this, I will add in the 4 armor divisions. US armor, British Armor, Panzer Division, PanzerJager Division.

I am gone for the next 4 days, keep testing 008a 's hotfix in the last message, the replies I have gotten so far have helped!

--- with the addition of new russian model mixes, this file is getting bigger!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 02:42:56 am by salan » Logged

Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2010, 11:23:51 am »

Russians lulwut?

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2010, 11:52:39 am »

I think you mean,
Russians lulpwn!
Can't wait to see how these guys are going to be like in the game Cheesy

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2010, 12:15:34 pm »

It doesn't make any sence, call it Fall of Crimea in that case.
AlterFrax Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2010, 12:10:03 am »

Salan. I love you so much for your crazy dedication and effort you put into this mod. Every couple days I check back in on this topic, to see what has changed, and I have to wade through 2-4 pages of actual material and discussion, and at the end, there's at LEAST one update. You are amazing, and I want to thank you for what you're doing. Spartan and I have been having a great time so far on your awesome mod, and I hope we will continue to have a great time. Thanks.

-FraxinusJerichanus
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2010, 03:59:35 am »

Salan. I love you so much for your crazy dedication and effort you put into this mod. Every couple days I check back in on this topic, to see what has changed, and I have to wade through 2-4 pages of actual material and discussion, and at the end, there's at LEAST one update. You are amazing, and I want to thank you for what you're doing. Spartan and I have been having a great time so far on your awesome mod, and I hope we will continue to have a great time. Thanks.

-FraxinusJerichanus
I also enjoy this mod.
Can you make a campaign?
"Invasion of Saland"
"Operation Salan's Garden"
"Liberation of Salania"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2010, 12:35:43 pm »

hah just got back from camping, I wonder if anyone found the little easter egg i had uploaded to the filefront before i left (russian infantry in the conscripts)

anyways, I tried to fix the AI problem with new factions before I left, and I will continue trying to crack that so the AI can play the new factions, probably a simple error Sad

Its good to see some feedback, thanks guys!  I have been watching the downloads, the last version before the current one got downloaded 30+ times so I know people are playing, 

and yes Alter, I believe in progress Smiley
going to finish the russians soon.

It doesn't make any sence, call it Fall of Crimea in that case.

heh, well russia was active in the war against poland at this time period, right now they are on the allies side, i might swap em to axis though due to the time period, even though im not keeping to time periods with this. hmm!
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2010, 01:19:54 pm »

First; It sounds alright if its on axis side. *mehehe*
Second; Copyright easternfront?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:21:37 pm by Grundwaffe » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2010, 01:29:35 pm »

First; It sounds alright if its on axis side. *mehehe*
Second; Copyright easternfront?

easternfront doesn't have copyright on the russians being in ww2.  There are a whack of mods that are coming out with Russians soon, N44 included.  The model mixed skins I am using are public released ones on relic news, not eastern fronts.

I'm not sure what side they will be on yet, I can swap that later, I wanted them on allies to counter the volksgrenadiers infantry company that will be similar on the opposing parallel.

On a side note, I have never played eastern front COH.  I have a good relationship with dragon93 and will try his product after I am done putting russians in FOF.  I heard they have conscripts, soldiers and guards, which are the typical name for the russian infantry.. I will be adding in some random pathfinder units as well.  I don't have any russian tank models yet nor the russian infantry weapons.. So it will be a lendlease group for now until they become available.

just wait and see how they are in... it should be a fun addition
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 01:32:26 pm by salan » Logged
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2010, 02:02:55 pm »

I heard they have conscripts, soldiers and guards, which are the typical name for the russian infantry..

its so funny to hear until u r russian Smiley i really dont know why EF dev take that lame unit names, they have a russians in their project (translaters at least).

Senseless and ruthless.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #270 on: August 12, 2010, 02:05:48 pm »

Strelky in particular sounds stupid.

"Shooters", bordering on "Arrows", lolz.

And not just "Arrows", but Arrows in a deminutive form. As in like - "Widdle Awwoz"

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #271 on: August 12, 2010, 02:26:21 pm »

its so funny to hear until u r russian Smiley i really dont know why EF dev take that lame unit names, they have a russians in their project (translaters at least).

heh i don't, those were the names I had chosen as I am a north american crazy man Wink
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #272 on: August 12, 2010, 02:43:27 pm »

Ah okay, thanks for taking time to reply Cheesy
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #273 on: August 12, 2010, 03:47:56 pm »

the easter egg i uploaded a few days ago...

http://www.filefront.com/17189207/FallofFrance008b-russiantest.rar/

this is the most up to date version of FOF..

sadly the infantry were using the wrong animator, but they are cool enough still
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2010, 12:56:50 am »

zomg, i am done putting in the rgds for the russian infantry.. frak they tore my brain out sideways!!

I still haven't done any art work on them yet, using current "purchase riflemen/ volksgrenadier/ kch" ui icons ... which will change, they kinda have to Wink

The way the russian faction works is simple:

Conscripts tree:  costs manpower

anti infantry conscripts
Anti tank conscripts
anti infantry soldiers +5
anti infantry guards +5

Soldiers tree: costs ammunition

anti infantry soldiers
anti tank soldiers
anti infantry conscripts +5
anti infantry guards +5

Guards tree: Costs fuel

Anti infantry guards
anti tank guards
anti infantry conscripts +5
anti infantry soldiers +5

-----

there are currently NO tanks in teh faction, so needed some manner in which to make the loss of all vehicles viable, this is by allowing through unlock choices options across all resource bases.  Its a completely different take on FOF and a unique playstyle.. its down, its dirty... its fun!

ps only the conscript conscripts get their extra lmg squad, the soldier conscripts and guard conscripts do not... for simplicity sake of driving me insane Wink

this will be mirrored in an offset manner by the volksgrenadier faction which will feature:

Anti infantry tree: Costs manpower

All anti infantry volks go here.

Anti Tank Tree: Costs munitions.

All Anti tank volks go here.

All support vehicles/ units: Costs fuel.

All halftrack and whatever else ... go here.

-----------

volksgrenadiers is not to be mistaken for the volksturm which is a completely different normally aligned faction.. ug.. i'm doing a tank faction next, this one hurt my head.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2010, 01:09:03 am »

care to test out the russian infantry before I update their graphics (they have their own unique models already), put them into their commander tree's and make you pay CP to purchase them?

I am uploading the 008C - (russian balance test) to filefront

http://www.filefront.com/17197300/FallofFrance008c_FULLrussiantest.rar

goodnight, goin to work in the morning!

PS i wouldn't mind some feedback on if the molotovs cause enough suppression to be useful or not... I didn't get a chance to test it enough!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:41:30 am by salan » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2010, 01:19:20 am »

009 will = art for the new factions commander trees, art for the russian purchasing of units.  little bug fixes here and there.  Full russians integration as per command tree unlocks/ etc etc.

trying to fix the AI error with starting the game with AI as the new factions (us infantry, fallschirmjager, russian infantry)...
a rework of the module file and a release of a FOF official map pack,

and the first release of FOF on relicnews once i get the video tutorials done.

008c is uploading now, file is starting to get big, 160megs...  gnight!
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2010, 01:22:45 am »

oh ya for those who ask the kommissar has the same aura the american / wehr / pe / brit / falls /us infantry command squads do. : +20 stealth detection.
command and control means knowing where things are..

just cuz i know people will ask what the kommissar is good for... finding those pesky stealthers!
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2010, 08:06:53 am »

I want to get more involved even I was raped at school by tests and HW.
I want to be an official beta tester.
I want to play games.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2010, 08:13:11 am »

oooo...The russians sound fun Cheesy
Going to be strange being able to get loads of infantry though, Specially when everything with a machine gun is rapetastic Cheesy
Still, Will need to download this and give it a try some time ^^
And Rifle, back off. Thats MY Rank within FoF Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc