Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:50:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall of France..continues?  (Read 114674 times)
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #400 on: August 31, 2010, 10:40:32 pm »

Should just be falloffrance tank, you need to bring everything in 009e folder up a level
I am a little ( ok a lot ) computer illiterate. What does up a level mean?

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #401 on: August 31, 2010, 10:55:37 pm »

havent had a game in fof for awhile now. what has changed?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #402 on: August 31, 2010, 11:54:58 pm »

tank i'll look ya up and help ya next time i see you..

what has changed?
uh

fully function factions:

US ARMOR COMPANY
US INFANTRY COMPANY
RUSSIAN INFANTRY COMPANY

PANZERJAGER DIVISION
FALLSCHIRMJAGER DIVISON
WEHRMACHT (CHANGING TO PANZER DIVISION)

and soon (tonight) to be fully added BRITISH ARMOR COMPANY

i'll have panzer division in in 2 days max.

gameplay changes:

all units i previously FAKED now have their own models, the only thing currently faking it:  Archer, Chaffee.

I have added in a new sound mod for the next version, the game sounds are 100% different in almost all cases, few explosions don't change
I am testing out teh removal of all SHELL tracers (tanks / at guns)  (i have to test if mortars and howitzers lose their travel sounds if they are removed or not)
all light weapons have a new tracer system
bodies stay on the field, this is bad for 4  v 4s and i might have to remove it, but its hella cool otherwise.
uh.. dunno how far back you go.. you don't build buildings anymore...

I also have my own website now for FOF, soon once I go to my friends house he's going to help me with a autoupdater and potentially tracking scores (he's a programmer as per day job, we'll see how much he will help)

www.falloffrancemod.com

my priorities right now are finishing the rgds up to a certain point, getting the mod out on moddb and reliccoh and then working on the website /continued expansion of the factions.

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #403 on: September 01, 2010, 12:46:53 am »

I am a little ( ok a lot ) computer illiterate. What does up a level mean?

go into the falloffrance009e folder, you will see 4 module files, a shortcut, a falloffrance directory. CUTT those out, and paste THEM back into the Companyofheroes directory.. this puts them where they should be, after that, you will have to edit the shortcut to point to the right directory (or just makea  new short cut from reliccoh.exe and tag it as -mod falloffrance  )

I'll help ya next time i see ya
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #404 on: September 01, 2010, 04:40:45 am »

gameplay changes:
all units i previously FAKED now have their own models, the only thing currently faking it:  Archer, Chaffee.
Leporad?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #405 on: September 01, 2010, 11:29:11 am »

doh forgot about that one
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #406 on: September 01, 2010, 11:33:16 am »

http://www.filefront.com/17253633/FallofFrance009f.rar/

With F we see the Following:

British Armor FULLY in game:
Introducing the Sappers, support weapons and mighty tanks of the British Armor division.  Inclined to play a slower advance?  Play the sapper infantry, equipped with Mines, Demolition charges, Boobytraps and firesupport teams.  Want command and control ?  The british Recon tree in the support section is where its at, the first and current only ally-effecting command aura found on the cromwell command tank (working turret) will lead your allies to love your investment..  while the super heavy british tanks are ready to take on the nastiest things the germans have in their arsenal..  The blackprince awaits..!

---- as with all NEW factions this will be tweaked and balanced over the next few updates.

US INFANTRY, RUSSIAN INFANTRY, FALLSCHIRMJAGERS have all been changed drastically reducing their doctrine tree's in most cases to 2 options per infantry/support/tanks.   Rangers and Luftwaffe have been removed from their respectful factions as unlocks and will return in their OWN factions later.

-- also fixed the panzerjagers defeat bug

-major gameplay changes:
=Loran Korns sound mod is included in the mod now, adding 120 megs, will try to make more HOTFIXES instead of full downloads where available for future patches.
=Tank and Anti tank guns have had their projectiles turn invisible. You will not see them travel from the cannons any longer, this will mean more intensive battlefield maintenance to be sure you are shooting what you want to.  I like the change personally, we'll see how it plays.

Complete patch notes can be found at
http://falloffrancemod.com/forum/index.php?topic=52.0
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:35:35 am by salan » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #407 on: September 01, 2010, 11:51:00 am »

this patch does not make the us armor bren carriers obey population, was going to do that in the next one when i also release the panzer division mechanized force.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #408 on: September 01, 2010, 01:56:17 pm »

Will HAVE to check this version out. Sounds freaking awesome. Shame I need to reinstall every single piece of software since I built a new pc Cheesy
Hope that the Mod will look awesome now...Less loading times too ^^

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #409 on: September 01, 2010, 02:32:05 pm »

uploading a new F version, found a few things that needed fixing, as is the way
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #410 on: September 01, 2010, 05:25:32 pm »

there, F fixes Smiley

http://www.filefront.com/17255392/FallofFrance009f.rar
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #411 on: September 01, 2010, 05:38:26 pm »

added a download newest version to the index page of the webpage

www.falloffrancemod.com

that'll help!
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #412 on: September 01, 2010, 09:41:31 pm »

as with all releases there are things to fix, i think the rest of the fixes i have are attrib only, i will patch up a hotfix for those, and wait to release any data files until the next faction release in a few days. 

Panzerdivision is coming next!
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #413 on: September 02, 2010, 10:44:25 pm »

009G is coming along good, almost done actually..

this release will introduce the Panzer Division....   their mighty beasts of war include 2 armor trees:  Panzer 4 ace, Panther Ace, Tiger Ace... vs the mighty Panther, Tiger, King Tiger.

the panther ace, and tiger will be heavy vehicles
the King tiger and tiger ace will be super heavy vehicles.

their support structure has the mighty Grille, Bombardier vs the fast moving pak 36 stielgranate, and pak 40.

the infantry of the panzer division mimic the US Armor and come fully mechanized in modified (less health/incoming penetration) infantry halftracks.

HUGE game play changes in this patch as well:

All mortars and Artillery pieces have had their shells removed in the same manner as the tanks previously
All artillery pieces no longer have a barrage ability, but instead reload in a timely fashion and seek their own targets! (approx shooting the same amount in the same amount of time as before.. but in single shot shots.)   This means you will have to watch where your getting pelted by.
also to combat this, all artillery pieces will be produced from buildings, as they are all movable, and not built by infantry.
rocket vehicles maintain their rockets (stuka/nebelwerfer/calliope)

Reinforcement of infantry should re-enter FoF with this patch as an activated aura at the HQs.

you can check the exact patch progress notes here: http://falloffrancemod.com/forum/index.php?topic=54.0

4 or 5 new models will be included in this release.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 10:56:32 pm by salan » Logged
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #414 on: September 03, 2010, 02:46:49 am »

Oh shiz, with help from Jagdpanther on the relic forums I have cracked the glider issue i was having... this opens the way to glider wars.. Oo!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #415 on: September 03, 2010, 03:20:30 am »

Ooh, nice. Although random bombardment can get REALLY annoying. I hope you up the price of the arty pieces because they will become the most powerful units on the field.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #416 on: September 03, 2010, 10:43:08 am »

ya, well there are some restrictive help for em:

most arty is t4, and costly to unlock, or will be adjusted up in price.
all arty is 1 on field at a time.
all arty costs more to field, and costs more population then previously.

it'll take some tweaking and balancing to get correct, but I think it'll be a positive direction from VCoH barrage bullcrap Smiley
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #417 on: September 03, 2010, 01:23:33 pm »

oo 009g is done, well 99%.. just have to tie the requirements to teh units and i'll pack it up.. but im going out, will be around tonight if anyone wants to rage at the changes Wink

can find the notes in my progress notes here: http://falloffrancemod.com/forum/index.php?board=24.0
Khorney Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #418 on: September 03, 2010, 01:58:14 pm »

your relic PM's are full, but i'll have a look at that tut the next few days, i kinda went on holiday for a month after that post
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #419 on: September 03, 2010, 03:24:33 pm »

Well, a lot of artillery fired in barrages and then stopped or were continuous. Would be nice if you could switch between the two or were able to say have 2 of the same, one you can Barrage with and the other is continuous.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc