Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:33:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: what do you prefer
fighting high levels .
fighting people your same level.
doesnt matter.
what?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matchmaking system  (Read 9266 times)
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 11:00:04 pm »

Warmap pretty much forces you to play Attack/Defend

Sounds like a gay ass feature of OMG,I love EIRR for M/E and R+ mode.....get rid of it and there goes my love Sad

MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 11:20:38 pm »

Well, at the start of the war it will be M/E and R+ with a slight chance of Att/Def but when the war starts swinging in one direction then the game will swing further with it being Att/Def with slight chances of M/E and R+...least AFAIK. Also a match matching system would be good too some degree :3

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 04:48:46 am »

Make the Matchmaking system compatible with the Relic Online ranked game.
Using the "PLAY" button above the main menu.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 04:52:28 am »

You download the battlefiles before you start CoH, and since you don't know who your opponents are the game doesn't know which battlefiles to get.

Allow me to give minimalist feedback on this idea:

Fail

What EIRRMod proposed sounds good and would do the job.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
BigDick
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 05:09:35 am »

Not for this proposed system no.

but probably that would the best way for an automatch
to force everyone to have at least one account on each side and (pseudo) randomly pick one
if the automatch works like i think it will work we will have even less games going because people will look what stackerteam is online and don't enter automatch without an own stackerteam to avoid these stackerteam vs random dudes matchups

there are to few people to have enough stackerteam searching for a game that they will get matched each other

it will be probably 99.99999% of the time stackerteam vs randoms and guess who will be completely destroyed than?

(ok the axis team ... but if the mod would be balanced)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:11:43 am by BigDick » Logged
scoopdjm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2010, 06:52:18 am »

1. why would you openly tell people about stackerteam now MORE people will be looking it up

2. wtf did you just say your grammer is appalling to say the least

3. im glad to see this thread has struck a coard and is being openly posted on

BigDick
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2010, 07:00:32 am »

2. wtf did you just say your grammer is appalling to say the least

Im Falle dessen, dass du Vogel mich mit perfekter deutscher Grammatik beeindrucken solltest, könnte ich noch einmal darauf eingehen.

so long stfu
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:03:31 am by BigDick » Logged
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2010, 07:04:09 am »

but probably that would the best way for an automatch
to force everyone to have at least one account on each side and (pseudo) randomly pick one
if the automatch works like i think it will work we will have even less games going because people will look what stackerteam is online and don't enter automatch without an own stackerteam to avoid these stackerteam vs random dudes matchups

there are to few people to have enough stackerteam searching for a game that they will get matched each other

it will be probably 99.99999% of the time stackerteam vs randoms and guess who will be completely destroyed than?

(ok the axis team ... but if the mod would be balanced)

Well -1 for my disagree with everything BigDick and Aloha post policy.

While i don't believe it will be this extreme, yeah thats basically what would happen.

Unless we remove visible ranks and replace them with 4 faction ranks, that are either ELO calculated or given by the community. that way rank = skills.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2010, 07:37:41 am »

Well -1 for my disagree with everything BigDick and Aloha post policy.

While i don't believe it will be this extreme, yeah thats basically what would happen.

Unless we remove visible ranks and replace them with 4 faction ranks, that are either ELO calculated or given by the community. that way rank = skills.
So bad skills like me will never get a high level unlock?
So that makes the ultimate pwn.
scoopdjm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2010, 08:39:39 am »

Im Falle dessen, dass du Vogel mich mit perfekter deutscher Grammatik beeindrucken solltest, könnte ich noch einmal darauf eingehen.

so long stfu

your german is perfect.
but that is beside the point
don't be douche

EDIT: after translating your german (which is still perfect btw) i regret to inform you that i can neither read, write, nor speak german so unfortuantly that is an impossiblity.

So bad skills like me will never get a high level unlock?
So that makes the ultimate pwn.

if you have bad skills you just need to work at it you get better over time, i think Ununoctium's idea is great. but it could be abused by emotions i.e. you don't like someone so you give them a bad rating or your their best friend so you give them a good rating.
(atleast i think thats what your saying)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:34:12 am by scoopdjm » Logged
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2010, 08:52:49 am »

your german is perfect.
but that is beside the point
don't be douche
+1

but it could be abused by emotions i.e. you don't like someone so you give them a bad rating or your their best friend so you give them a good rating.
(atleast i think thats what your saying)
True, i was thinking that to.

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2010, 09:31:38 am »

so long stfu
"In the case of the fact that bird you should impress me with perfect German grammar, I might even respond to them."
Huh
Seems the dictionary failed again.
scoopdjm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2010, 09:36:56 am »

Im sorry that is very funny, but don't be mean to him he justs want to read others 'perfect' german.

BigDick
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 11:42:13 am »

@rifle thats the little fineness which can't be translated by automatic translators

@noobdjm

i don't care if someone like you speaks perfect german but im fucking pissed if all what someone does is criticizing grammar of people which are using foreign languages
especially because someone like yourself is light-years away from using proper grammar of languages like german
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2010, 12:19:22 pm »

Psh who needs to speak German :p ; Mandarin,Spanish, And English is where it's at!
scoopdjm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2010, 12:55:25 pm »

@rifle thats the little fineness which can't be translated by automatic translators

@noobdjm

i don't care if someone like you speaks perfect german but im fucking pissed if all what someone does is criticizing grammar of people which are using foreign languages
especially because someone like yourself is light-years away from using proper grammar of languages like german

1. fuck you if your gonna be what your name suggests
2. how would i have any idea your native langauge isn't english? most english speaking people have just as bad grammar as german people who's second/third/fourth langauge is english? srry but all you had to say was that english is not your first langauge
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2010, 10:52:19 pm »

Just ignore him like everyone else does scoopdjm.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
John8Ball Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2010, 05:19:08 am »

I feel sorry for the new guys that join EIRR.  When i first joined was win ratio was 1 out of 3 at best and it was very difficult to get a game because of my low level and loss ratio.  It took me about 50 games to get better and i hadn't even played VCOH.  My brother Demon767 taught me the game but non the less it was still a 50 game learning curve. 
What helped me was when they removed the win ratio and when the doctrines where unlocked with free pp to test out the doctrines.

So now the focus is on account level at the moment.
I think that new accounts should start with 150pp and start at level 3. This allows new players to get a taste of the doctrines and a higher chance to achieve something in this mod.

I agree seasoned players are not highly impacted by a lvl 1 and my bro Demon767 still scares people off with a lvl 1 account.  But for the new players definetly lvl1 accounts are just way to hard for them to play with.  Its not helped when people dodge games because of low lever people on their team.  How can they get better without getting a game?  The seasoned players need to appreciate that the mod is attracting new players.  Why are seasoned players protecting their win ratio and why don't they see it as a challenge and help the new players join the EIRR ranks. 

I think being the underdog is fun and even more rewarding beating the higher level teams.  I think its up to seasoned players to assist the new players and EIRR Moders to increase the new account levels and pp as above to assist the new players get into this awesome mod.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2010, 05:38:47 am »

Psh who needs to speak German :p ; Mandarin,Spanish, And English is where it's at!
HAHAHAHA THIS COMING FROM YOU

Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2010, 11:18:03 am »

Riaght nice thread hijacking

What I'm suggesting is that the rank people see is ELO or community preset

Your account level is hidden, because a level 10 and a level 1 have nowhere as much of a difference as a rank 15 and a rank 7 online in coh
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc