Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 10:15:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon Age II  (Read 9517 times)
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 01:34:06 am »

woah i must been to young to have been i nthe generation to play BG2. cuz it looks like utter shit.

Neverwinter nights 2 storyline was thebest i experienced, it was a long ass campaign and you actually got into the storyline. i was even sad or 3 days cuz i finished it and wanted to know what was gonna happen next

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 01:52:22 am »

woah i must been to young to have been i nthe generation to play BG2. cuz it looks like utter shit.

Neverwinter nights 2 storyline was thebest i experienced, it was a long ass campaign and you actually got into the storyline. i was even sad or 3 days cuz i finished it and wanted to know what was gonna happen next

Graphics < Gameplay.

BG2 still looks good, the storyline has 10x the depth of the one of Neverwinter Nights. NWN has a dumbed down and limited choice of characters and combat in comparison to BG2. The NWN2 story was amazing, especially with the expansion for the high leveled parts, but the game lacked any hard monsters or thoughtful fights, with the exception of that Dragon on the top of the hill.

BG2 has some epic fights you'll remember, as well as a wider and more dangerous array of monsters and better side quests, as well as humour (Jan, anyone?).

NWN2 was good, but seriously if you liked that, then give BG2 a shot, guaranteed after the first hour you'll be loving it.

Btw, there is a mod around, someone recreated Irenicus' dungeon for Dragon Age, and now they're working on Waukeens Promenade! Check it out!
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 02:00:50 am »

interesting. i do belive Graphics < Gameplay. but i looked at BG2 and i just cant force myself to go back to that. besdies i got to worry about univeristy now so nooo games ==
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 02:03:44 am by Demon767 » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 03:13:22 am »

neverwinter nights 2 is a great game but probably baldurs gate is superior (both part 1 and part 2)

there is a mod project out that integrates BG1+Addon into BG2+Addon improved infinity engine
additional it allows you to set up various mods improving gameplay or adding quests/npcs, increasing difficulty etc.

http://www.shsforums.net/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=536

it can be tricky to setup even when its an autodownloader for the required files some sub mods sometimes changed their dl location so you need to download them manually if you want to use them

and for people who like BG they should definitely check out Arcanum

its based on infinity engine and combines typically BG fantasy skills with technical skills and has great story and gameplay too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcanum:_Of_Steamworks_and_Magick_Obscura
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 03:51:49 am »

arcanum was great,unfortunately, I found out that is just easier to play straight warrior,and rush to kill,than engineer and experiment with rifles etc.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 01:21:34 pm »

Bioware delivered once more, don't listen to the haters. People need to realize this isn't Dragon Age: Origins II.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2011, 09:45:59 am »

arcanum was great,unfortunately, I found out that is just easier to play straight warrior,and rush to kill,than engineer and experiment with rifles etc.

Haha, I noticed that too

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2011, 09:46:40 am »

I had done 2 main chars, 1 dwarf and one elf, had to reinstall comp...back upp got dmged...120 hours out the window.....*sniffles* Oh well, since i did do it on highest lvl of difficulties, im now running the games al over again on super easy mode, just to get through em ^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 09:57:21 am »

I've never played any of those games, like nwn, bd, etc well, i did play BD for PS2, which was pretty good, it reminds me of DA from a top perspective.

is it worth it to play NWN? Any other good rpg's out there i should know about? I have mass effect of course Cheesy

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 10:02:49 am »

I've never played any of those games, like nwn, bd, etc well, i did play BD for PS2, which was pretty good, it reminds me of DA from a top perspective.

is it worth it to play NWN? Any other good rpg's out there i should know about? I have mass effect of course Cheesy

Planescape: Torment.

Hands down best story I have ever seen in a game, ever.
poyrazthewicked Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 06:38:33 am »

After first epic game Dragon Age 2 is just another fail...

It seems clearly not a PC game anymore without isometric camera. Just playing one stupid guys history. I dont believe that it s a game it is just an expansion and the bad one...

I really missed that good old rpg (Baldurs gate, Icewindale, Neverwinter, Planescape, Fallout 1-2...)

-wickY26
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 01:48:21 pm »

then play it again  Grin

even better,play DnD ,do what evah you wish  Grin
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 07:19:36 pm »

How can someone call something so different and radical an expansion from Origins is just beyond me.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 07:29:23 pm »

neverwinter nights 2 is a great game but probably baldurs gate is superior (both part 1 and part 2)
Unfortunately, I agree.

However in my eyes, NWN1 and NWN2 will always be superior purely for the sake that they can be MODDED TO HELL AND BACK.

My first 'real' mod for NWN1 was a Dungeon-Keeper 2 clone - with multiple 'races', Lizardmen, Humans, Chaos, Greenies etc - and it was pure win.

But from storyline and 'fun' factor, BG and BG 2 both are highly HIGHLY rated imo.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 07:38:18 pm »

Unfortunately, I agree.

However in my eyes, NWN1 and NWN2 will always be superior purely for the sake that they can be MODDED TO HELL AND BACK.

My first 'real' mod for NWN1 was a Dungeon-Keeper 2 clone - with multiple 'races', Lizardmen, Humans, Chaos, Greenies etc - and it was pure win.

But from storyline and 'fun' factor, BG and BG 2 both are highly HIGHLY rated imo.

Hell, both are still getting modded, some good ones are being turned out every now and then, not to mention some of the campaigns people have made

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 02:01:09 pm »

Guys guys guys, how about PLANESCAPE: TORMENT!?

Top 3 greatest games EVER made.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 02:34:05 am »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc