Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 08:29:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding Surrendering infantry  (Read 11429 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2010, 02:31:42 am »

on second thought I don't think I want to.. too many reports of units surrendering when they hit a mine .. i have to do some research on this before i fux up my system

rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2010, 04:40:54 am »

I picture this just like at that mission at PE campain at Nejmigen bridge or whatever, thoose commandos that surrendered.
1)Fail spelling.
Campaign, Nijmegen
2)The mission is Arhnem: The Last Bridge.
3)Will we just lose a veterancy 3 rifle squad just by a mg42-caused surrendering?
4)If they could just run or crawl backwards, why would they surrender?
Conclusion:So if you want it, it must match all 3 criterias:
1.Pinned
2.Squad down to 3 men or less
3.Presence of some strong enemy units(both outnumber and outgun)at all possible retreat routes
ex:(I'll just make it like a story.)
(A poor little rifle squad just enters the city center of Bergen, suddenly attacked by the enemy.)
(After the first 2 criterias matched.)
Rifleman 1: We have to retreat!
Rifleman 2: Presence of strong enemy unit at 3 sides, only our backs are free of hostiles.
Tip:If only left/right side is clear of hostiles, they can retreat, but via the sides.
(Just now a Volksgren appears at the back)
Rifleman 3: We are surrounded!
Rifleman 2: 1. They have mp40 and 5 men! -- Surrender
                 2. They have kar and 5 men! -- No Surrender
                 3. They have mp40 and 3 men! -- No Surrender
                 4. They have kar and 3 men! -- No Surrender
Tip:You need to match these criteria for 2 secs. to bring the squad down.
So the meaning of this is to make it rare, like "Gun Damaged" on a Hetzer.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 06:48:28 am by rifle87654 » Logged

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2010, 05:21:20 am »

Okay, firstly Groundfire all I meant was that I don't think 5 seconds is long enough for a squad to surrender, I would have said 20 is more like it, if you're not able to back the squad up in 20 seconds then yes, it should surrender, you don't deserve to keep it. Otherwise I do think that it could be a potentially good aspect of EiR, after some work and after it has been trialed properly.

Secondly, rifle, I have absolutely no idea what the actual fuck you just said.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2010, 06:47:20 am »

Okay, firstly Groundfire all I meant was that I don't think 5 seconds is long enough for a squad to surrender, I would have said 20 is more like it, if you're not able to back the squad up in 20 seconds then yes, it should surrender, you don't deserve to keep it. Otherwise I do think that it could be a potentially good aspect of EiR, after some work and after it has been trialed properly.

You know I thought 20 is already enough to wipe out a squad.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2010, 10:02:46 am »

on second thought I don't think I want to.. too many reports of units surrendering when they hit a mine .. i have to do some research on this before i fux up my system

they obviously only must surrender if they are under enemy fire. so those 5 seconds must be extended so its longer than the squad's regeneration time. but that depends on things like they are in red cover or heavy cover and type of unit too i think. so a static amount of time is not gonna do it.

edit: also, wont the guy who has captured the troops suddenly get an increase in popcap coz the surrendered units join its side?
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2010, 10:11:19 am »

Same, ugh i think the surrendering is gonna be bad for e.x your volks are pinned down and your grenadier are engaging with riflemen already thoose grenadiers first have to kill them in order to save the pinned volks but it would be boring if they surrendered before you could reach them.

But if it is considered it should be tweaked alot ofc, but i still like the idea but it might be bad for your advantage or whatsoever.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:14:17 am by Grundwaffe » Logged

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2010, 10:29:45 am »

See i saw that too, but i dont know what the completion state of the mod was when that person wrote that.

Orignally, some one asked the question "hey wouldnt it be cool if infantry surrendered" then someone came by and said "here  ya go, i was bored one day and wrote some code for this" then someone else came by and said "I can make this better" and they went and did it.

We gotta figure out if units surrendering by mines was a past problem that was fixed already, because it makes no mention. Also this surrender mod was used by a few of those ppl who are doing realism mods, and their mines might have wonky suppression values.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 10:32:45 am »

edit: also, wont the guy who has captured the troops suddenly get an increase in popcap coz the surrendered units join its side?

didnt think about this. Hmmm. :/

maybe when they switch over they could cost no pop
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2010, 11:45:55 am »

didnt think about this. Hmmm. :/

maybe when they switch over they could cost no pop
or belong to another player entity that is null

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2010, 01:15:12 pm »

that would make it impossible to play 4v4s and another thing the devs need to do.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2010, 01:22:18 pm »

that would make it impossible to play 4v4s and another thing the devs need to do.

How? that doesnt make sense.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2010, 03:06:46 pm »

i am 99% sure it is a fact.

and why is quoting changed since that 9000 replies topic went out of hand? its really annoying.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2010, 03:28:04 pm »

i am 99% sure it is a fact.

and why is quoting changed since that 9000 replies topic went out of hand? its really annoying.

No, how would surrendered units that switch sides when they are taken prisoner that cost no pop would keep you from playing 4vs4s?

On a side note, ive been watching alot of replays and starting a stop watch every time a unit goes into pin with 1-2 members left, then stopping the watch after like 7 seconds or so.

Only 1-2 squads would have ever surrendered during those replays if the system works properly. The only thing I saw that would be some kind of a problem was getting a strafe or detonating a mine on red cover, which would put the units into pin immediately.

Im sure there is a way around this. I wish that there would be some indicator that hovers over the unit a couple seconds before it surrenders, like a crit notification similar to "damaged engine" or "stun". Something like "Moral Shaken". Something to know that your men are about to surrender in a couple seconds.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2010, 03:51:41 pm »

No, how would surrendered units that switch sides when they are taken prisoner that cost no pop would keep you from playing 4vs4s?

switch sides is different from

and can you change a unit's pop ingame?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc