Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 04:53:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advertisment  (Read 5188 times)
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« on: August 05, 2010, 03:49:40 am »

Well if you guys are interested, I'd be happy to write into PC Gamer, one of the worlds biggest PC gaming magazines, to see if we can get the mod featured in their next issue. They have a whole section just for mods, so I'm pretty sure we can get an article on there. This means they will have a couple of people from the mag download the mod and have a few games on it to see how it works, however we therefore;
1. Need people to be able to help them both on the forum and on the launcher.
2. Need people to actually be ON the launcher.

If the article is made we will get a MASSIVE boost in players, meaning more games, more fun, and more noob stomping!

Any thoughts?

www.pcgamer.com is their site if you haven't heard of them.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 04:12:21 am »

First we need to get people from CoH Online, WoT and from Starcraft II

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 04:14:22 am »

agreed. If u write them, they'll come check it out, if there's not alot of playres they may just pass it over, hopefully they play it

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 05:01:12 am »

We should wait with this until we have a solid player base and the Warmap fully functional. Smiley

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 05:14:21 am »

Great idea, but EliteGren is right. Just dont forget about it when warmap out

Senseless and ruthless.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 05:16:25 am »

Agreed on the war map aspect. The war map is what has always given EiR the life and the players the drive to achieve something. It makes a better package visually and gameplay wise.

I read a PC Gamer when I was working all June, and the same section caught my eye for EiRR. So the idea is definitely good but I was gonna wait until more was in place before posting about it to the PR team.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 05:49:26 am »

I hadn't thought about that, but yes you're right, the warmap would make for a much better chance of us being featured.

If you still want me to go ahead with it after, or if you want to do it yourself then just let me know Smiley

P.S I'd be writing into the UK magazine, I don't know if they'd double the feature up for all of their mags so it might be useful if someone writes into their US sister mag too.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 06:21:58 am »

Oooo...that would be awesome and intresting at the same time Smiley
I would say go for it. You MIGHT be even able to send them a message now, and then say there's stuff to come out, since let's be honest, no-one likes a dead mod, it would show people that the EiR modders are REALLY involved in trying to make the best mod there is (which...let's be honest, you are Smiley ).
Although, it probably would be better if you do it after the warmap x), just make sure you got something lined up for AFTER the warmap so we/he can tell PCG there's more to come and that they should contuine to check it out ;3

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 09:50:13 am »

When the time comes, and we got the warmap in, ill write to the US magazine.

Shouldnt be too much of a hassle, I listen to their PCgamer podcast and theres a few of the staff that still get a thrill out of CoH so i think we got a shot.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 12:43:32 pm »

Looking around the PCgamer website, how would you even contact the editors for a letter?
Everything looks pretty internal and i dont see an official outlet for community to write the editors.

Id imagine that these guys wouldnt respond to a facebook message saying "try our mod"

Edit- nvm found the email address.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 12:45:10 pm by Groundfire » Logged
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 03:50:46 pm »

We should wait with this until we have a solid player base and the Warmap fully functional. Smiley
This is the big thing- feel free to do this when Ive completed the internal testing version.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 03:57:15 pm »

Personally i think you should wait till after the 'grindless' is in, as it is a huge game changer potentially a maker/breaker

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 04:01:52 pm »

Personally i think you should wait till after the 'grindless' is in, as it is a huge game changer potentially a maker/breaker
That'll be the same time.

I really am on the fence - it will fix a lot of things, yet remove a fair number too.
I think it may need to be a splice between a lower grind and grindless at the same time.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 07:31:17 pm »

That'll be the same time.

I really am on the fence - it will fix a lot of things, yet remove a fair number too.
I think it may need to be a splice between a lower grind and grindless at the same time.

Splice sounds good to me.

There needs to be a certain amount of progression for a company IMO. At least for one company

It would be nice to get a daily amount of PP/Exp. so that you can create a few companies, work on one for a week, then come to the others after that week and have it like half grinded by itself.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 07:37:38 pm »

Splice sounds good to me.

There needs to be a certain amount of progression for a company IMO. At least for one company

It would be nice to get a daily amount of PP/Exp. so that you can create a few companies, work on one for a week, then come to the others after that week and have it like half grinded by itself.

Or if you go away for a week you don't have to play your ass off to catch up
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 09:27:34 pm »

More vet levels on units with lower per level increases, more levels means more things to grind that doesn't have to do with your companies doctrine abilities or unlocks.

You get the fun of having all your toys, and the increased persistence of more vet levels means longer to reach the top with the units, which is the fun part, and more heartbreak when they die, which is also fun.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 04:10:19 am »

if u level fast,you dont hae enough pp for like anything...with my lv8 defensive,I still need more than 160pp to unlock things that  I can...
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 07:16:16 am »

I think high vet losses in games you win should be awarded too

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 02:45:05 pm »

Looking around the PCgamer website, how would you even contact the editors for a letter?
Everything looks pretty internal and i dont see an official outlet for community to write the editors.

Id imagine that these guys wouldnt respond to a facebook message saying "try our mod"

Edit- nvm found the email address.

Personally I would just knock on their door as I walk past every Thursday.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 02:47:40 pm »

Personally I would just knock on their door as I walk past every Thursday.

If your up for it, ill hold you to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc