Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:03:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas from other mods  (Read 10789 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 10:59:11 am »

I put the "tow-able ATGs" thing past bob, he said that it would be very hard to do because we need to keep track of vet or something or other.

I personally think its no more different than loading an ATG into the HT to be carried like other units. Im sure theres a way to do it, just gotta take alot of time and fiddling around with the system.

Would make a great Armor doctrine ability tho tbh.

is that why emblacement vet seems f****** up on the 17 when you move it?

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 11:02:30 am »

I would think so. You gotta ask the devs tho.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 11:43:26 am »

is that why emblacement vet seems f****** up on the 17 when you move it?

Yes because it's changing states from an emplacement to a weapon team.

I know how to fix it if the team that builds it is the same team that crews it and then uncrews it.

Otherwise, they'll have to make it so a gun comes out with the weapon team on it already but can't fire until it's emplaced.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 12:27:36 pm »

Yeah, some things may be impractical and the facing button, i thought the didn't pack up but they still do, i have no idea why they have it tbh...

and yeah groundfire, it just gets loaded into the halftrack just like infantry but it drags off teh back, so it wouldn't lose vet.

The reason is so that the unit does not run to the exact spot you asked it to go to when telling it to turn. They stay exactly where they are. BTW Tym, I think most of these are great ideas, I was thinking of this myself, good post.

Pwanawan baby!
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 12:34:22 pm »

Yes because it's changing states from an emplacement to a weapon team.

I know how to fix it if the team that builds it is the same team that crews it and then uncrews it.

Otherwise, they'll have to make it so a gun comes out with the weapon team on it already but can't fire until it's emplaced.

Well its pretty much what OMG has atm, right? they fixed their emplacement vet problem long ago by doing that. (except the guns can set up and fire)

They just allow the empalcement to be buildable and enter the weapons team in as if it were a trench.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 02:13:18 pm »

Well its pretty much what OMG has atm, right? they fixed their emplacement vet problem long ago by doing that. (except the guns can set up and fire)

They just allow the empalcement to be buildable and enter the weapons team in as if it were a trench.

Yeah, but like i said if the crew can keep the vet, then i know a way to make it so you can keep it.
VERTIGGO Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 12:14:14 am »

Pistols are useless. Especially when for a little more weight and size you can get a Submachine Gun. Pistols only fill the LCF quota. as far as combat effectiveness is concerned they are junk.

The reason we carry pistols today is because rifles have a murphaic tendency to malfunction and it takes less than one second to lower the rifle and bring a .45 on target. Pistols jam less often and are just as deadly as a submachine gun. Just about any of us could put a round in the heart at 25m, and beyond that a submachine gun is about as worthless as volks make it appear.

TOV units = intentionally OP marketing gimmicks
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 12:51:36 am »

Technically speaking - a pistol can generally deliver more stopping power than a submachine-gun, with better accuracy and less possibility of jamming.

The submachinegun just delivers a lot of bullets.

I'd personally take a pistol over a submachinegun - despite my "saturate it! saturate it with volks!" type of approach to EiRR.

MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 02:55:59 am »

Wrong Thread D:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 03:19:43 am by MittinsKittens » Logged

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 05:57:03 am »

Wrong Thread D:
*grabs barrel shotgun* GET OF MAH DAM LAWN SON!

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 06:12:00 am »

I've only ever seen Pistols used by Vehicle/Tank crew because of the confined spaces. Many other people carry then but rarely have cause to use them. In the event of a rifle malfunction(typically the root cause is improper cleaning) then yeah you sling your rifle and pull out your pistol, if you need it. Otherwise you find some cover and try to rapid fix your weapon because chances are you have at the very least another section if not a platoon or higher firing at almost the same thing you were and chances are you're at least a hundred meters away.

Still doesn't make it a good combat weapon. It essentially becomes a knife with range

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 11:52:43 am »

Brn is right.

It takes all of maybe 2 seconds to clear a weapons malfunction, which is usually caused by improper cleaning (aka, sand in your chamber/mag). Most vehicle crews use the M4 now, the exception being pilots who are generally screwed.

But yea, pistols, while easy, are only really used by MP's or Medics. For the rest of us its a rifle, m249 or 240b.

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 12:01:31 pm »

Pistols still have a place, but it's more of necessary evil. If I were on operation I'd carry a pistol in a thigh holster. In the even i need to clear a room or some other structure I'd appreciate the added redundancy of a pistol to unholster given a weapons malfunction. The concept is that your weapon might be beyond royally fucked so even doing an immediate action on it won't necessarily rectify the problem.

It's just not a weapon you'd give preference to, or likely ever need.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2010, 12:05:26 pm »

I don't know about your room clearing, but in ours if you have a malfunction you just hit the floor so your buddies can fire past you without worry.

I would much prefer an SMG in those events too though, over a rifle, or even better, something like the AA-12.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2010, 12:11:13 pm »

And I'd prefer to have an autonomous bot equiped with a metal storm machinegun to do the job for me, tbh - but one can only dream.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2010, 12:12:37 pm »

Once your through the fatal funnel the rest of your team should already be in the room. I know it takes me less then a second drop my rifle(it's slung to fall to the side) and bring up a pistol.

I wouldn't drop to the ground because most of your protection is on the front plates. In the event you get shot at thats where you want to take the hit. Not on your back or through the top of your shoulders
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2010, 12:13:33 pm »

Not on your back or through the top of your shoulders
ouch  Cry

edit opps didnt read it properly :X

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2010, 12:18:05 pm »

We both know that if you are going to get shot at once past that fatal funnel the rest of your team isn't doing its job, we also both know that the .5 seconds for you to drop your rifle and draw a sidearm is more than enough for someone to shoot you. Your job is to get out of the way so your team can continue clearing the room.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2010, 12:21:26 pm »

your already out of the way. In the door and immediately pick a corner. People feel safer in corners and behind doors theres no blocking the door. and you can draw a pistol on the move, no one says you need to stop. Dropping to the ground is only making your problem worse. If your assaulting a room that you KNOW has baddies in it, depending on the construction material, Frag it. failing that you get issued flash bangs
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2010, 01:06:06 pm »

Why would you drop down on the ground, in a room? For your teammates to trip and stumble over you?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc