Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:31:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Poll
Question: Discount or not?
Postive - 2 (22.2%)
Negative - 7 (77.8%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US]Airborne Rifleman Stickies  (Read 13231 times)
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: August 11, 2010, 03:25:09 am »

Aren't them too expensive?
95MU makes it not cost-effective.
Can you have a 10 or 15 discount?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 03:41:48 am »

They should be expensive because:
1. AB are the best inf platform in the game
2. It would be impossible to avoid getting stickied even with 100% perfect micro (AB could just blitz you and bam your tiger or KT is worthless)
3. AB don't need any more help tbfh

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 03:44:55 am »

You often pay a hefty price for utility upgrades on good squads. Medkits are a decent example. The better the squad the higher the cost.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:55:07 am »

But stickies shouldn't be as expensive as BARs.
And BARs get no supressive fire.
Why is that 20~30 more MU to cost instead of 5~15?
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 04:13:47 am »

Because you're paying for the luxury of being able to airdrop anywhere on the map.
I assume its mainly to stop you fielding massive teams of AB (of all kinds) and to get some other kinds of units in Smiley
Plus, can AB riflemen fireup? If so, that's why :3

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 04:16:34 am »

Fireup.
That is all
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 04:40:28 am »

So the abillity to para+fireup is all the answers?
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 04:43:43 am »

Basically, since you can run up to the tank with fire up and stickey it pretty easily.
A lot harder then trying to get near a tank to faust it as my volks keep finding out time after time. Sad
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 04:51:32 am »

1.It takes at least 30 sec to para
2.It doesn't have the vet 2 +10 range buff
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 05:21:55 am »

Para dropping is Always a flat rate though, thats the beauty of it.

In the late game when everyone's call in timers are at 40+ seconds(a minute on some people) para dropping an AB squad will still only take 30 seconds.

Gliders use the normal call in calculations if anyone was interested
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 05:39:00 am »

Wait, Glider uses the normal countdown timers? Didn't know that, I always assumed they used the 30sec callin timer Shocked
But yeah, Rifle, as we've all said, the fact you can para and fire up is why you're paying more for stickeys.
If you want cheaper stickeys, just get normal riflemen Smiley
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 05:40:55 am »

it's not just the luxury of airdrop.
Airborne Rifle are just so much more durable than the normal rifles. Even Without the benefit of suppression fire the ab rifle can tanks most squad.

The fireup also make it easy for airborne to just fire up and sticky.

Against vet 2 rifle it's still a matter of backing up as soon as you see them.

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 06:16:47 am »

it's not just the luxury of airdrop.
Airborne Rifle are just so much more durable than the normal rifles. Even Without the benefit of suppression fire the ab rifle can tanks most squad.

The fireup also make it easy for airborne to just fire up and sticky.

Against vet 2 rifle it's still a matter of backing up as soon as you see them.
Most of the AB players only combine nades and BARs on ab rifleman.
Can you explain why?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 06:19:46 am »

No they don't, pretty much everyone will have at least 2 sticky AB riflemen.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 06:44:42 am »

Now ive played with this for a good amount of time, and I fully agree that the AB stickies are not cost effective at all.

Dont get me wrong, it should not be 60 munitions, but it deffenatly should not be 95. It should be more like 80.

The reason for this being, yes it is an AB squad, aka more durable platform and once it gets to vet 2 it functions like any other normal vet 2 rifleman when pretaining to stickies. So it should cost more. Factor in fireup it should cost alittle bit more than that.

Fire up however, is probably the worst fucking thing to do when you want to sticky a tank. It doesnt matter if you are able to reach the tank that much easier; there is no easier way to lose an AB squad then to fire up, induce reduced LOS on your squad and run into enemy territory where you will be exhausted and killed.

A.) depending on when you start Fire up, theres the chance that the reduced sight will have the enemy tank wander in and out of LOS, messing with the sticky windup, resulting in sticky studder.

B.) unless the tank is starting from a dead stop, in most cases you can still kite the AB squad. (unless you have a slow tank)

C.) Fireup + sticky only works when the AB player can see the tank and the tank cannot see the AB (proper scouting) allowing the AB to come out of the FoW running and under FU, catching the tank by surprise, and even then its very risky because of (see listings A. and B.).

Any other situation that can be thought of probably means that you were capable of sticking the tank in the first place without the aid of Fire up.

Stickies on a Fireup squad looks great on paper, but tbh its absolute garbage and you'll just get more AB squads killed by using it that way.
Best thing to still do is to wait till the squad is vet 2 like every other rifle squad then buy stickies for it. Until then, stick with rifles, they cost less.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:46:43 am by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 06:50:08 am »

No they don't, pretty much everyone will have at least 2 sticky AB riflemen.
just with stickies or with something else?
Now ive played with this for a good amount of time, and I fully agree that the AB stickies are not cost effective at all.

Dont get me wrong, it should not be 60 munitions, but it deffenatly should not be 95. It should be more like 80.

The reason for this being, yes it is an AB squad, aka more durable platform and once it gets to vet 2 it functions like any other normal vet 2 rifleman when pretaining to stickies. So it should cost more. Factor in fireup it should cost alittle bit more than that.

Fire up however, is probably the worst fucking thing to do when you want to sticky a tank. It doesnt matter if you are able to reach the tank that much easier; there is no easier way to lose an AB squad then to fire up, induce reduced LOS on your squad and run into enemy territory where you will be exhausted and killed.

A.) depending on when you start Fire up, theres the chance that the reduced sight will have the enemy tank wander in and out of LOS, messing with the sticky windup, resulting in sticky studder.

B.) unless the tank is starting from a dead stop, in most cases you can still kite the AB squad. (unless you have a slow tank)

C.) Fireup + sticky only works when the AB player can see the tank and the tank cannot see the AB (proper scouting) allowing the AB to come out of the FoW running and under FU, catching the tank by surprise, and even then its very risky because of (see listings A. and B.).

Any other situation that can be thought of probably means that you were capable of sticking the tank in the first place without the aid of Fire up.

Stickies on a Fireup squad looks great on paper, but tbh its absolute garbage and you'll just get more AB squads killed by using it that way.
Best thing to still do is to wait till the squad is vet 2 like every other rifle squad then buy stickies for it. Until then, stick with rifles, they cost less.
+1
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 06:55:20 am »

Did I say anything about using fireup? All I said is a lot of them use stickies on AB, as most AB players use AB as their primary infantry.
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 07:16:13 am »

Did I say anything about using fireup? All I said is a lot of them use stickies on AB, as most AB players use AB as their primary infantry.
Can you share how you use those over-priced units?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 07:19:41 am »

rofl I don't even play AB. I'm going from the many experiences I've had playing against it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 08:05:24 am »

Anyone who gets stickied by a fire-up squad while not being engine damaged or inside a KT would have gotten stickied by regular riflemen just the same way.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc